Cauldron Marinated Tofu Pieces in a lightly spiced seasoning 160g

Ophelia105

Silver Member
Today I ate a whole packet of these. I thought it was a good idea. The main ingredient is tofu - 91%. Tonight I checked the syns and an old thread had it at 8 syns. This feels a little excessive when it has a substantial amount of tofu as its main ingredient. It does have sunflower oil listed as an ingredient but it is the lastin the list.

Could someone please check online for me?

100g

Cals 232
Protein 17.5
Carbs 1g
Fat 17g
Fibre 2.7g

Ingredients

Tofu - 91%
Marinade - water, soya beans, salt, yeast extract, onion powder, coriander, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, ginger, herbs, mace
Thickener - guar gum
Citric acid
Stabiliser - xanthan gum
Turmeric
Sunflower oil

Thanks v much in anticipation

Marinated Tofu Pieces, chilled, 160g pack 7½

ermintrude said:
Marinated Tofu Pieces, chilled, 160g pack 7½

Omg I had these last night and I thought they were free! I'm sure they used to be! X

Thanks as always Ermintrude. Although I am bitterly disappointed.... Oh well at least now I know.
Sounds a lot, but I make a risotto style meal with it - there are four servings and so, with the littl bit of oil and a stock cube in the mean, an entire yummy evening meal comes in at 3.125 syns each :) I think that's OK for a main meal :)

My recipe:
Wholegrain (brown) rice
tsp olive oil (2)
1 pack of cauldron marinated tofu (7.5)
Green peppers (free)
Leek (free)
Courgette (free)
Mange tout (free)
grated carrot (free)
100g cheddar (HexA)
1/2 glass of white wine (3)
Onions (free)
Garlic (free)

And it's really yummy - I like to leave it to crisp off on the pan slightly, because I'm straange like that - I love the crsipy bits that some peopel consider 'burned' :D

Back