Cerazette problems!

willowfire365

Silver Member
Hello I was just wondering if anyone else who's been put on Cerazette had issues with it? I was put on it just over a month ago and they did say that due to my M.E (Chronic Fatigue) it could cause problems and as soon as I started it I began to feel sick and this lasted till I stopped it a week ago tomorrow. I also found it made my M.E worse and I felt vile on it. Since then I've still been feeling really sick, and extremely tired and I feel bloated and just generally horrid and hormonal! I am in a relationship but we've been very careful and although I missed my proper period on the cerazette i was spotting (sorry if that's TMI) and we've not slept together since before that spotting so I think I'm ok with regards being pregnant but my main questions is..is it normal to feel this horrid after stopping it?? I must admit I'm upset that I've felt so ill. I'm so desperate to get onto dianette to help with my PCOS and other health problems but even though I've gone from over 22 stone down to 15 stone 7lb i still can't have it till my BMI is under 30...now as far as i can tell I’ve only got to get down to just under 15 stone then i can have it. It seems like so little but so far!

Anyway as i asked has anyone else had problems with this little pill!!!

Thanks in advance!

XxX

i was on this pill for 2 months and i was evil to everyone, i couldnt explain it i was just a horrible horrible person, i would snap at everyone and be shouting and then in an instant be sobbing for no reason, it made my skin so oily and my hair really greasy, i had no sex drive, me and my boyfriend were arguing constantly and i just felt generally unwell.

when i came off it within a couple of days i felt a million times better so im not sure why you fell unwell or if that is what withdrawl of it is supposed to be like but in my opinion i was worse when i was on it

maybe go to your doctors and get some advice off them

hope you feel better soon x

I have been on this for 8 years and I am fine. I occasionally feel ill but not too bad. I do have oily akin and hair. But put up with it so not to have periods

i'm on my 7th cerazette strip and i'm having issues.....

I started it roughly october '11 and i was fine. Even had a period in november then after it no period at all (so i was chuffed) but from feb this year i've had a brown discharge (like the end of a period)/spotting everyday and it's really annoying me. I don't know whether to stop taking the pill because apart from this spotting i've had no other effects. Has anyone else had this and how long does it last?? :(
was told to stick with the pill for at least 6months so the body gets adjusted but the 3rd month of this is a bit too much...

apologies for tmi as well

Hi, I was put on this pill about 18 months ago and lasted about 6 weeks on it. I bled constantly, very heavily and had the worst ever stomach cramps. My best mate has been on this pill for years though and has never had a problem and has not had a period the whole time she has been on the pill.

I was initially put on this pill as I had the coil filled and also bled constantly. The doctor said this pill would stop the bleeding. I didn't have any other problems with it though such as oily skin/hair or mood swings.....not that I remember, just the pain and bleeding. X

Hi, I have been on this for 9 months.... Last pill taken today!,

I have always been allowed dianette before and after pregnancy ( I have two children) and my gp allowed me on it after birth at 17.4 as he knew i knew id work hard and lose it. however after an op to strip two varicose veins it was a no no due to DVD risk. I was put on this, I have hated it! Heavy bleeding to start which passed, I could go. Couple of months with nothing then two periods in a fortnight completely out of the blue too!
Has not helped with pcos at all if anything made it worse and has coincidently been involved in the first time I have really struggled to lose weight.

I have been to gp and told him I have researched this and I wanted to try Yasmin, that yes my bmi was too high but let me change and id prove to him again I can lose the weight. He checked my blood pressure and said yes you are right. The other suggestion was the coil.... Again no help for pcos symptoms so no idea why it was even suggested as I didn't suffer too bad, more the greasy hair, skin hair loss and growth etc etc

Cerrazette definitely did nothing for pcos symptoms, made weight loss impossible and unpredictable spotting or bleeds. However everyone is different, I would advise unless very poorly to give a pill 3-6 months as through the 9 months things changed from constant heavy bleed to the brown discharge yuk to next to nothing.... It needs time.

But if it's not right for you, use the Internet to research and go to you doctor with suggestions and if you don't agree say so.... I have put up with their decisions for too long and am taking matters into my own hands! It's your body ladies, go see verity which is a pcos forum, loads of great info on there, may help?

X

I phoned a doctor over the weekend re: the brown discharge.... he advised to see my own gp but to def not stop taking cezarette. I checked the instructions and you can stop taking the pill at any stage so I stopped yesterday because at present i'm not sexually active so there's really no point. Plus the side effects are annoying me far too much. However i've seen some people mention side effects of coming off it...hope i don't go through a whole new series of effects:/

Hi jellyfish81

Good for you, you know your own body and mind! I'm on day 3 of new pill, no odd effects yet but my gp gave me a big warning that when I have my 7 day break having come off cerazette ... 'it won't be nice'. That from a gp probably means a monster period, but once that's out the way and Until my body get used to the new pill it may be odd but after that at least not being on cerazette will mean we may have a period but we will know that's it and it won't start again a week later!

I'm hoping a couple of rough periods are the only side effects.... If I get anything weird, I'll let you know ;-)

Back