Change in bowel habit-Not the best topic of conversation so apologies!

txrawl

Not the best topic of conversation so apologies! My bowel habit has changed since late Feb 9 (started SW in January 09)and I put it down to the diet, but thought i would check it out with GP.Was sent for urgent colonoscopy, and on Tuesday had biopsies taken of three 'polyps'(small overgrowth of tissue) in my colon and am waiting for the results. The only reason I am mentioning this on here is that changing diet is often the main cause of change in bowel habits but it you are in any doubt please see your GP. Sorry to be doom and gloom!

A good reminder, its easy to dismiss the little things. I hope you get good results and a return to normal bowel land:p

I hope your results come back clear and it's nothing serious.

I hope you get clear results too, let us know x

Thanks for sharing this! Wishing you all the best with your results xxx

We can be hide away from getting things like this checked. I've had 2 colonoscopies and whilst not very pleasant, they really are important!

Hi Couteaux, Did you feel youd been kicked by a horse?! I had it done on Wednesday, and now am aching like anything, but otherwise well!

Thanks for all your support-feeling very anxious as my mum died age 43 bowel and lung cancer so obviously not best at the mo. But hopefully all will be ok.

Hey txrawl. I wasn't too bad after the examination, did they give you a local anesthetic? My dad died of bowel cancer and it's the most treatable cancer if caught early, I just wish he'd voiced concern sooner. I'm now really aware and cautious!

Thinking of you, I know the waiting is awful xx

Hi Tracey, Just wanted to say I hope your results are clear, the waiting is the worst ~ I have had Crohns Disease since I was 12 (so for 26yrs) and I have a colonoscopy and small bowel series every 3 years ~ not pleasant but very important. Thinking of you, xx

Back