Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Hey Minks, you have found me! I don't think it will take the 2 hour lunch it took me to read yours but hopefully you will be able to stay awake after reading to give me some Dinky advice and support!

I lost 2lb which I am happy with, I wanted 3lb but hey we can't have everything can we?I am doing a 21lb challenge with the lovely Donnajt but I am sadly not a big loser (well i am a big loser, but not in the weight sense!) I never have been in all my years of attempting SW. So I have learned to be content with any loss.

Enjoy your day Minky! X

That's a great loss Charley, you've done well.

I'm sorry I haven't been about but I will be on more often now.

Are you and Mick back on track now? I'm sorry you were feeling down, I hope things are better. Glad you like the LM sausages though - have some beans with them for the dryness.

Have a good weekend lovely xxx

That's a great loss Charley, you've done well.

I'm sorry I haven't been about but I will be on more often now.

Are you and Mick back on track now? I'm sorry you were feeling down, I hope things are better. Glad you like the LM sausages though - have some beans with them for the dryness.

Have a good weekend lovely xxx

Why hello Miss Red - I have been following your story, you have been having some fantastic losses yourself, well done you!!! Mick and I are fine thanks, we had lots of talks over the weekend - all is well now, thanks for asking.

How did your weekend go?

Please try the lentils and the carbonara - they are both really yummy!

xxx

Hi Charley- what you doing today?

Hi lovey,

I just posted on your diary - sorry for the radio silence I spent Friday and Saturday forgetting that I was on a diet! Yesterday I spent licking my hangover wounds and trying to be good - once you have been naughty, its kinda hard to stop isn't it?! I am going to be spending this week trying to claw back the weight I have put on over the weekend, and be on a syn-ban. I will have some, but I need to dedicate half of them on the bad food from last week, its just the same as saving up for a bad day isn't it? Rather that I am not holding onto them to give back to the bad weekend.

As I have said in my post on your diary, I am going to PM you my mobile number so we can arrange something. This Saturday isn't any good for me, but I may be able to do Sunday if you can, I cant do the following weekend (Jubilee) we are in Bournemouth. Why don't we play it by ear and see what we can both do? It would be lovely to meet up, and we are really close in proximity to one another too.

Have a good day!
xxx

Monday 21st May

A new day, well yesterday was the new day after what was the naughtiest Friday and Saturday I have had in a long time. Friday started off well, with a promise to myself that going over my syns on Thursday I would recoup them on Friday and be ultra good - which didn't quite go according to plan. I had a good breakfast Friday morning, then Mick and I had another row on the phone during the morning at work. I called a crisis pub meeting (we work quite close to one another in the City) - so off to the pub, had a white wine, a good chat and a small cry. All was well, going back to the office I thought about something to have for lunch that would require one hand eating (seeing as I needed to work and eat at the same time) went to Sainsburys and found nothing much left, I decided to go to M&S near my office for some veggie sushi (1 syn), as I was leaving Sainsburys some cauldron falafels caught my eye, I quickly went onto the SW app and put it in (1 syn) - whoop de doo I will have them too. So bought them and then went and got some sushi from M&S, went back to work. The cauldron falafels were outstanding, like the nicest low syn thing I have eaten in ages. I wolfed them down. I ate the sushi. I then thought to myself that those falafels were so nice I needed to double check the synnage. I went onto the SW website at work - they were 1 syn per bloody falafel!!! I hate that SW app, its so deceiving, it doesn't give you the amount, so you presume its for the whole thing, as things tend to be on SW syns online. Nevermind. Then we had unannounced work drinks at 4 - I was drinking from 4 until 6, I was pickled! So bad. Mick called, he too was having Friday drinks, neither of us wanted to cook, so I had fish and chips and a buttered roll! SO BAAAAAAAAAAD
Saturday morning, I knew Saturday was going to be drink fuelled, West Ham play offs, we were going up to London to watch the game. So we went food shopping early, I had an urge for McD's breakfast, mentioned it to Mick who egged me on. I had a double (!) sausage and egg mcmuffin meal with hashbrown and a hot chocolate! Went to the pub and sunk a bottle of white wine over a four hour period, we also shared two packets of crisps and some nuts. Then we went on and I had another wine. Then we were due to go to a steakhouse, but it was full - so we can home and we shared half a large pizza from Papa John's with a portion of chicken wings EACH!
Yesterday I felt rough all day and so annoyed that I had done all that to myself. So I was good all day, with an SW fry up and lemon water (pints of) all day. And a Roast Chicken dinner in the evening. Chicken (skin off - whoop whoop) with 6 stuffing balls, parsnips, cauli, broc, carrots, sweetcorn, roast pots and sweet pots. AND NO WINE!!!!

So today:

B - Weetabix (HEB) and Milk (HEB) and chopped banana

S - Melon

L - Leftover veg and pots from yesterday. HM Jalepeno hummus and carrots

D - Half a HM Nandos chicken (skin off) with half a pack of 2 min rice (1) and salad and mushy peas (Nando sauce is a rough guess, only .5 syn per tbsp - (3)) (2) for salad cream

SYNS - 6

I need to start being good. Although I have some hurdles coming up:

This Saturday a dinner party at my friends. We all do a course. I am doing dessert, the reason for this is because when I don't have any of it, I won't feel guilty about turning myself down as I would by turning my friends down. I don't know what the starter and the main will be. I am doing a Bailey's Cheesecake! I am not a desserty person and so starter and mains will do me. I am umming and erring about drinking too. This will save some syns....

Next weekend Mick and I are going to Bournemouth for a couple of days with his brother and their family. This is probably going to be naughty. So I need to be good, very good - up until this Saturday (the dinner party), then from Sunday be good, very good, up until the following Saturday when we leave for Bournemouth. I think this will limit the damage. I am sadly not one of these people who, when they go out or go away or have some sort of special occastion, remains on plan - I can't do it because I don't want to do it - if I make myself stay on plan whilst at Bournemouth, then I will be unhappy. If I have what I want just for the Saturday and the Sunday and then get back on it on Monday, I know I will enjoy myself. Don't get me wrong I am serious about losing weight, I would love to drop a few stone and maintain, but I do not agree with making yourself miserable in the process. The hotel has a pool and so i will do some laps and no doubt we will be walking around a lot.

Wish me luck!!!!!

xxxx

Next weekend Mick and I are going to Bournemouth for a couple of days with his brother and their family. This is probably going to be naughty. So I need to be good, very good - up until this Saturday (the dinner party), then from Sunday be good, very good, up until the following Saturday when we leave for Bournemouth. I think this will limit the damage. I am sadly not one of these people who, when they go out or go away or have some sort of special occastion, remains on plan - I can't do it because I don't want to do it - if I make myself stay on plan whilst at Bournemouth, then I will be unhappy. If I have what I want just for the Saturday and the Sunday and then get back on it on Monday, I know I will enjoy myself. Don't get me wrong I am serious about losing weight, I would love to drop a few stone and maintain, but I do not agree with making yourself miserable in the process. The hotel has a pool and so i will do some laps and no doubt we will be walking around a lot.

Wish me luck!!!!!

xxxx

I completely understand that Charley. I find it difficult to be good at special events etc. I know it would make me irritable. I can manage it at certain ones but there are some that I allow myself some room for manoeuvre and try to make it up later. I too am serious about losing weight and I try and stay as on plan as possible at all other times. But here and there I know I will make slip ups.

So I say Good luck and enjoy Bournemouth when it comes round.

xx

Charleybarley said:
Monday 21st May

A new day, well yesterday was the new day after what was the naughtiest Friday and Saturday I have had in a long time. Friday started off well, with a promise to myself that going over my syns on Thursday I would recoup them on Friday and be ultra good - which didn't quite go according to plan. I had a good breakfast Friday morning, then Mick and I had another row on the phone during the morning at work. I called a crisis pub meeting (we work quite close to one another in the City) - so off to the pub, had a white wine, a good chat and a small cry. All was well, going back to the office I thought about something to have for lunch that would require one hand eating (seeing as I needed to work and eat at the same time) went to Sainsburys and found nothing much left, I decided to go to M&S near my office for some veggie sushi (1 syn), as I was leaving Sainsburys some cauldron falafels caught my eye, I quickly went onto the SW app and put it in (1 syn) - whoop de doo I will have them too. So bought them and then went and got some sushi from M&S, went back to work. The cauldron falafels were outstanding, like the nicest low syn thing I have eaten in ages. I wolfed them down. I ate the sushi. I then thought to myself that those falafels were so nice I needed to double check the synnage. I went onto the SW website at work - they were 1 syn per bloody falafel!!! I hate that SW app, its so deceiving, it doesn't give you the amount, so you presume its for the whole thing, as things tend to be on SW syns online. Nevermind. Then we had unannounced work drinks at 4 - I was drinking from 4 until 6, I was pickled! So bad. Mick called, he too was having Friday drinks, neither of us wanted to cook, so I had fish and chips and a buttered roll! SO BAAAAAAAAAAD
Saturday morning, I knew Saturday was going to be drink fuelled, West Ham play offs, we were going up to London to watch the game. So we went food shopping early, I had an urge for McD's breakfast, mentioned it to Mick who egged me on. I had a double (!) sausage and egg mcmuffin meal with hashbrown and a hot chocolate! Went to the pub and sunk a bottle of white wine over a four hour period, we also shared two packets of crisps and some nuts. Then we went on and I had another wine. Then we were due to go to a steakhouse, but it was full - so we can home and we shared half a large pizza from Papa John's with a portion of chicken wings EACH!
Yesterday I felt rough all day and so annoyed that I had done all that to myself. So I was good all day, with an SW fry up and lemon water (pints of) all day. And a Roast Chicken dinner in the evening. Chicken (skin off - whoop whoop) with 6 stuffing balls, parsnips, cauli, broc, carrots, sweetcorn, roast pots and sweet pots. AND NO WINE!!!!

So today:

B - Weetabix (HEB) and Milk (HEB) and chopped banana

S - Melon

L - Leftover veg and pots from yesterday. HM Jalepeno hummus and carrots

D - Half a HM Nandos chicken (skin off) with half a pack of 2 min rice (1) and salad and mushy peas (Nando sauce is a rough guess, only .5 syn per tbsp - (3)) (2) for salad cream

SYNS - 6

xxxx

Ok this was my version of nandos chicken, with skin on:

image-2279398094.jpg

And with the skin off

image-3981163222.jpg

and medium piri piri sauce:

image-3485296660.jpg

Yummy yummy xx

DAMN DAMN DAMN

I am so annoyed - on Donnajt's recommendation, I purchased some Warburtons Square Wraps to make a pizza. 8 syns per wrap - not bad. They now do a brown wrap - 'hmmm healthier' I thought, or so I thought - they have more bloody calories in them than the white ones! So annoying. 187 cals per wrap making them like 9.5 syns. There's me trying to me gooderer and I got stopped in my track. So mean Warburtons, so mean!

22nd May 2012

Well day 3 of being 100% on its way, I hope. I have been lemoning away in the hope that the acid from it will burn away all the naughtiness from the weekend and at least get my a STS this week (I aim high I do!)

B - 2 LMc Sausages and half a tin of beans

L - Chicken and Salad with Potato Salad - a la Donnajt, although instead of 6 tbsps of EL Mayo, I used 2 tbsps of L Mayo at 5 syns and 1 tbsp of L Salad cream at 1.5 syns and 6 tbsps FF greek yog - which works out at 6.5 syns - I would get 4 portions out so (1.5ish) per portion

D - Donnajt's Thai Chicken Curry, made with chicken thighs - I am going to roast the thighs (take the skin off!) and make up the sauce and add the thighs to the sauce (1 syn) Thai Curry Pasta (HEA) for Phili, for the 50ml ss milk, roughly (1.5 syn)

Snacks - various fruits and greek yog with an options in (2)

SYNS - 6

Piccies to follow;

ooh your naughty weekend sounds fun, did you enjoy it? Well done for getting back on track.

I empathise about social events hampering weight loss, I haven't told anybody (except OH) so it's really difficult to say no to all the things I normally say yes to, it's either that or not go out but that would be a boring life!

Which thai paste do you use for your curry? x

I understand you not telling people, I hate people knowing because I find their constant asking how I am doing, or 'should you be eating that' - which I get at work, really offputting. I know they mean well but sometimes its easier to fight your demons in your own way, rather than other people trying to help. There is one person at work who watches me like a hawk and it makes me want to shovel the food in more and more, which is stupid, I know. I just hate people telling what I should and shouldnt eat - I had enough of that growing up as a kid, I am an adult now - I can make my own decisions!

The only way I know how to cope with going out is, like you said, either not going out, or eating what I want for that one night. I keep saying it, but Rome wasn't built in a day, I don't plan on dropping the weight and then stop dieting, because I know it will go back on, this is a life thing and I need to understand that I can't be (nor do I want to be) Mother Theresa and stick 100% to it a 100% of the time. Its not viable. But at the same time, I just want to lose 4 stone, I would love to do that - i would still be overweight, but I would be happy at that weight as there are so many things in my wardrobe that would fit again and I would be able to shop in 'normal' shops. I have accepted the way I am, and I love me - I just want to be a healthier weight, and not have a hanging belly anymore!!!!

I use Asda's own. Its only £1 at the moment, in green or red. Its very nice at 1 syn per tbsp.

How's your day going Cor?

xxxx

Charleybarley said:
22nd May 2012

Well day 3 of being 100% on its way, I hope. I have been lemoning away in the hope that the acid from it will burn away all the naughtiness from the weekend and at least get my a STS this week (I aim high I do!)

B - 2 LMc Sausages and half a tin of beans

L - Chicken and Salad with Potato Salad - a la Donnajt, although instead of 6 tbsps of EL Mayo, I used 2 tbsps of L Mayo at 5 syns and 1 tbsp of L Salad cream at 1.5 syns and 6 tbsps FF greek yog - which works out at 6.5 syns - I would get 4 portions out so (1.5ish) per portion

D - Donnajt's Thai Chicken Curry, made with chicken thighs - I am going to roast the thighs (take the skin off!) and make up the sauce and add the thighs to the sauce (1 syn) Thai Curry Pasta (HEA) for Phili, for the 50ml ss milk, roughly (1.5 syn)

Snacks - various fruits and greek yog with an options in (2)

SYNS - 6

Piccies to follow;

Lunch

image-2794431060.jpg

And yummy dinner

image-203915891.jpg

Wednesday 23rd May

Another good day, although I don't think I will have clawed back the STS I am hoping for tomorrow morning for weigh in. Ah well, I had a good bad weekend, whilst I really enjoyed myself food and drink wise, my weight will prob go up, I always do this, 2 steps forward and 1 step back. This is the way I should behave when I am maintaining, not trying to lose!!

Next week isnt going to be much better as we are at a friends for a dinner party. I will try and stay away from the bad. The following week is another baddy, a weekend in Bournemouth for the Jubilee. It's one thing after the other.

The thing I need to conquer, which I think I am getting slightly better at is coming back from a bad day. I used to carry my naughty days over a period of weeks, then days and now I am drawing a line under a naughty day and getting back on track the next day. This is really great, what I need to crack next is trying to draw a line under a naughty meal now. Just cos I know tha Saturday evening is going to be boozy and foodie, it doesnt give me the green light to start my day with a naughty breakfast and lunch like I did last saturday.

I also need to give myself a pat on the back for another battle I seem to have won - and this one I am going to give the crsdit to Donnajt for....chicken skin. I have eaten chicken everyday since Sunday dinner and I have removed the skin from every piece of chicken I had. Even today fr lunch, my tesco near work does a hot plate and they sell chicken quarters in either jerk or BBQ - usually I have one and eat the skin - today I thought to myself I will get one jerk and one BBQ and I will remove the skin . I got back to work and my resolve faded, but then I thought about a picture that Donnajt had sent me of a plate full of disgusting looking raw chicken skin and I felt instantly grossed out and I removed that skin. I had it with Donna's fab potato salad and a punnet of strawberries for my 1/3, I was quite stuffed. So thanks Donna for the rank image I have now of chicken skin - it really did help. That, and our 21lb challenge, which I doubt I will manage now, but I am going to fight for every pound now! So today for food:

B - 2 LMc Rosemary sausage in bread (HEB) + (.5) for teeny blob of ketchup.

L - Chicken with potato salad. Punnet of delish strawberries to follow (2.5) for pot salad and blob salad cream.

Snacks - apple and yog (2)

D - Jamaican Beef Curry with Spinach Rice and cauli/broc (pic to follow)

Snacks - 2 orange, 1 apple

Syns - 5

Last edited:
Charleybarley said:
Wednesday 24th May

Another good day, although I don't think I will have clawed back the STS I am hoping for tomorrow morning for weigh in. Ah well, I had a good bad weekend, whilst I really enjoyed myself food and drink wise, my weight will prob go up, I always do this, 2 steps forward and 1 step back. This is the way I should behave when I am maintaining, not trying to lose!!

Next week isnt going to be much better as we are at a friends for a dinner party. I will try and stay away from the bad. The following week is another baddy, a weekend in Bournemouth for the Jubilee. It's one thing after the other.

The thing I need to conquer, which I think I am getting slightly better at is coming back from a bad day. I used to carry my naughty days over a period of weeks, then days and now I am drawing a line under a naughty day and getting back on track the next day. This is really great, what I need to crack next is trying to draw a line under a naughty meal now. Just cos I know tha Saturday evening is going to be boozy and foodie, it doesnt give me the green light to start my day with a naughty breakfast and lunch like I did last saturday.

I also need to give myself a pat on the back for another battle I seem to have won - and this one I am going to give the crsdit to Donnajt for....chicken skin. I have eaten chicken everyday since Sunday dinner and I have removed the skin from every piece of chicken I had. Even today fr lunch, my tesco near work does a hot plate and they sell chicken quarters in either jerk or BBQ - usually I have one and eat the skin - today I thought to myself I will get one jerk and one BBQ and I will remove the skin . I got back to work and my resolve faded, but then I thought about a picture that Donnajt had sent me of a plate full of disgusting looking raw chicken skin and I felt instantly grossed out and I removed that skin. I had it with Donna's fab potato salad and a punnet of strawberries for my 1/3, I was quite stuffed. So thanks Donna for the rank image I have now of chicken skin - it really did help. That, and our 21lb challenge, which I doubt I will manage now, but I am going to fight for every pound now! So today for food:

B - 2 LMc Rosemary sausage in bread (HEB) + (.5) for teeny blob of ketchup.

L - Chicken with potato salad. Punnet of delish strawberries to follow (2.5) for pot salad and blob salad cream.

Snacks - apple and yog (2)

D - Jamaican Beef Curry with Spinach Rice and cauli/broc (pic to follow)

Snacks - 2 orange, 1 apple

Syns - 5

image-1770561314.jpg

image-1443565919.jpg

Thursday 24th May

Well I put 1lb on, which I can't be too upset about. I have accepted that I can't expect to be naughty for two/three days and then be able to claw it all back by being good the rest of the week.

B - cheese and 2 rashers of bacon on toast (HEA and HEB)

L - Leftover beef curry (no rice) and leftover potato salad (1.5). Punnet of strawberries.

Snack - apple and yog (2).

D - 2 sausages, 2 eggs, chips and salad.

Pics to follow

Hi

Been looking at your menus and I'm feeling hungry now!

Had to laugh at your food diary title - sounds a lot like me. hahahahaha

Kats

x

Back