Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Wednesday 13th June

B - 2 saus in bread (HEB) with onion marmie and splodge of ketchup (1)

L - Leftover Shep Pie (half HEA)

Snacks - Apple, Peach, Nectarine, WW crisps (4), pink and white wafer (2.5)

D - Last of the Shep Pie (half HEA), broc, sweetcorn and gravy (2) and brown sauce (1)

Syns so far - 10.5

EXERCISE - Jogging - 3 laps (jog one walk one) tricep dips and step ups

Last edited:
Corblimey said:
Wow, get you with all the exercise and jogging at 630am!! That's dedication:clap: Are you enjoying it?
xx

Thanks Hun.....and no, enjoying is not the word I would use!! It hurts and I am bad at it at the moment, I have at least 8 stone on me that shouldn't be there, so jogging around with that extra weight is rough and tough, but I keep thinking of the biggest losers and how people much bigger than me managed it and built their stamina up very quickly. I remember one of the girls at the final who lost most of her body weight percentage, when asked how she did it, she said that one of the trainers said to her that running was the quickest and easiest way to lose weight. So I am going for it.

I must thank my Sis in law though, she is a fitness instructor and I mentioned to her that I would love to run, but don't know where to start and so she is training with me! She is amazing, she ran the marathon this year in under 4 1/2 hours and she has just turned 42! She is encouraging and patient and really tough! And she is taking her own time out to train me twice a week! I love her to bits. My niece Nell comes out with us on a saturday as she wants to learn to run the right way too, bless her!

Thursday 14th June
WEIGH IN - I only bloody lost 4LB!!!!!!!!!!!:banana dancer:

I am so thrilled with myself - its actually the most I have lost in one week since I re-re-re-re-re started!!!!! I think this jogging lark could have something to do with it!

So foodage today:

B - Ryvitas and Light Primula (HEA and HEB) - man this Primula Light is niiiice - it reminds me of a poor man's brie(?) and I lurrvvve the brie!

L - Baked Potato with Tinned Spaghetti and a butter bud (.5) and salad with dressing (3)

Snacks - Peach and punnet of Strawbs

D - Half a spatchcock chicken with skin OFF and chips and salad (2) for the Nandos Piri Piri Sauce (only .5 per tbsp!). Salad cream (3)

SYNS: 8.5
SYNS left for the week: 96.5

Exercise: None planned, but I may do some trampetting when I get in.

Last edited:
Congrats on a fab loss sweetie!! That's a superb loss and you should be dead proud. Crack on with the jogging ;)

Have a lovely day and keep on smiling :) xxx

Thanks I am so chuffing chuffed and yes, I am proud. I need to keep this jogging lark up - it does hurt though! Not my body, but my breathing!

You have yourself a lovely lovely day!

xx

Wow thats fantastic!!!!!!!! Well done :happy036:
The jogging must be working for you xxx

Thanks Vickie, yeah, it must be. I am going to do the 105 thing this week as well, see if I can't do a better job controlling my synnage's!

xx

Charleybarley said:
Thanks I am so chuffing chuffed and yes, I am proud. I need to keep this jogging lark up - it does hurt though! Not my body, but my breathing!

You have yourself a lovely lovely day!

xx

Breathing will get easier Hun!! Hope you are still floating on cloud 9 on that fab loss!! Xx

MinkyDinky said:
Breathing will get easier Hun!! Hope you are still floating on cloud 9 on that fab loss!! Xx

I am still on cloud 9! And I hope that breathing does get easier - I went fir another jog this morning and even though I am not a smoker, my lungs feel like they have loads of crap in there.

Talking of smoking, how are you getting on with that?

X

Friday 15th June

Yay it's the end of the week, so happy!!! The sun may not quite be shining but I am a happy chappy(ess). I am going out tonight with my old school friends. I have planned to eat something quick when I get in so I am not tempted by a late night curry or something, I am also driving, therefore not drinking - now this is mainly due to the fact that I am skint this month but I am also chuffed because I wont be spending unnecessary syns on booze. That's the plan anyway!

B - 2 saus, 2 bacon, 1 egg, WM roll (HEB), (2) butter, (1) ketchup

L - Small Sushi Pack (1) and punnet of strawbs

Snacks - apple, mug shot, pink and white wafer x 2 (5)

D - Spag Carbonara - 2 bacon, phili (HEA), chorizo (3)

EDIT - Wine (25) ?

SYNS: 37
SYNS for the week 59.5

Exercise: My first solo jog! 3 laps (stop/start) round local park.

Last edited:
I am going to attempt to semi plan my weekend foods - This may not go entirely to plan - but I have good intentions!

Saturday 15th June

B&L - Eggs, Bacon, Sausage (1), Mushrooms, Beans, Toast (HEB). (2) butter (1) ketchup.

D - Honey and Mustard Chicken, Chips and Salad (3).

This was amazing! Thanks Donna!

Snacks - half pack of pea pods, leftover wine from last night (synned last night) - couple of large whiskeys call it (10)

image-3051794319.jpg
Syns balance: 59.5
SYNS TODAY: 17
SYNS REMAINING: 42.5

Exercise: None

Last edited:
Sunday 17th June - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! - RED DAY

We are going to a bbq to my brother's house for Father's Day.

B - Egg, Bacon, Sausage (1) Mushroom, Toast (HEB) (2) butter (1) ketchup.

L&D - HM Burger with WM Roll, any other lean(ish) meat that they serve - I am supplying some sort of minted lamb chop, there should be fish and chicken too. NO SAUSAGES! NO ALCOHOL! NO POTATOES!

SYN BALANCE - 42.5
SYNS EXPECTED - 15 (this is for miscellaneous nibblings/sauces/cheese)
SYNS REMAINING - 27.5

Exercise: Jog with Sis in Law - 3 laps, extended laps, tricep dips x3, step ups x2, press ups x2, short runs x2.

Last edited:
So this weekly syn count is proving interesting, I probably had more syns than 15 today, so will give myself 5 syns a day for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I didn't realise how many syns I never counted on a regular weekend, wine and things that I didn't tend to write down 'cos it's the weekend' well for the time being I need to so this. I have a certain amount of weight to lose over the next 6-8 months and I need to be a bit stricter on myself, just for this time. After I reach
my goal then I cab relax a bit and maintain, which I find easy, for now, I need to be strict.

Xx

Monday 18th June

EDIT: I just realised we are going to Pizza Express for someone's birthday lunch :( - ordinarily I would have been delighted, but I don't have the syns to spend, nor do I have the money to spend and so it is with a heavy heart that I go. I have checked SW and the easiest option is Warm Lentil and Goats Cheese salad, hold the dressing. Not sure what to call it syn wise but I am hoping that the goat's cheese isn't more than the 35g I am allowed. So I will use 5 syns on this meal :( - although I still need to use gravy granules (2).

B - 2 LMc saus,

L - Warm Veg, Lentil and Goat's Cheese Salad (HEA+HEB) (5)

D - Pork Curry, Spinach Rice, carrots and broc (2) gravy granules.

Snack - fruit x 4, punnet of strawbs, fresh peas, Rocky Road Hi Fi Bar (3)

Syns - 10 (more than I wanted, but I was so hungry today!)

Exercise - No exercise

Last edited:
Thursday 14th June
WEIGH IN - I only bloody lost 4LB!!!!!!!!!!!:banana dancer:

I am so thrilled with myself - its actually the most I have lost in one week since I re-re-re-re-re started!!!!! I think this jogging lark could have something to do with it!

Exercise: None planned, but I may do some trampetting when I get in.

WELL DONE CHARLIE - THAT'S BLOODY AMAZING!!! But you will never get me out jogging...so you've taken your bras off the trampet then lol!!!

Pete's Peanut Curry

(Adopted from Tesco’s real food booklet)

Not suitable for people with nut allergies

Serves 2

Ingredients

150g Pre-cooked chicken (s) (ff)
1 Onion (s) (sff)
1 chilli, deseeded & finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Pepper, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 Knorr “herb stockpot”
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tsp turmeric
1tbsp madras curry powder
1tbsp sweetener
2 Garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp smooth/crunchy peanut butter 9syns/2=4.5syns each person
2cm piece of ginger, grated
200mL hot water
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Handful of coriander

Method

In a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light, cook the chicken until browned, remove and set aside.
Spray the frying pan again with fry Light, cook onion, garlic, ginger & chilli until soft.
Add the cumin, turmeric, curry powder & coriander, cook for 2 minutes then add the chicken, tomatoes & sweetener, cook for 10 mins. Place the stockpot on top of the cooking food and allow to infuse.
Add the peanut butter and the 200mL of water mix well & cook on a medium heat until the chicken is hot, and the sauce has thickened, sprinkle the coriander over the food.
Serve with rice & side salad.
(Finish the meal with chilled melon)

PeanutCurrySmall.jpg

Monday 18th June

EDIT: I just realised we are going to Pizza Express for someone's birthday lunch :( - ordinarily I would have been delighted, but I don't have the syns to spend, nor do I have the money to spend and so it is with a heavy heart that I go. I have checked SW and the easiest option is Warm Lentil and Goats Cheese salad, hold the dressing. Not sure what to call it syn wise but I am hoping that the goat's cheese isn't more than the 35g I am allowed. So I will use 5 syns on this meal :( - although I still need to use gravy granules (2).

B - 2 LMc saus,

L - Lentil and Goat's Cheese Salad (5)

D - Pork Curry, Spinach Rice, carrots and broc (2) gravy granules.

Snack - fruit x 3, punnet of strawbs

Syns - 7

Exercise - Trampette for 20 mins and sit ups.

Well 7 syns for the day is hardly going to make a huge difference, I wouldn't worry about it. Warm lentil salad sounds yummy.
You are doing so fantastically with the exercise, I wish I had the motivation. Perhaps when I lose some blubber I will have a go too, at the moment my back and boobies would not take kindly to any kind of jogging or trampetting!

Well 7 syns for the day is hardly going to make a huge difference, I wouldn't worry about it. Warm lentil salad sounds yummy.
You are doing so fantastically with the exercise, I wish I had the motivation. Perhaps when I lose some blubber I will have a go too, at the moment my back and boobies would not take kindly to any kind of jogging or trampetting!

Ahh, to have big boobies! I have little 'uns so I don't have jog/black eye trouble! I always thought I would look better as a fat bird with big knockers, but I am stuck with a B cup....massive back but a b cup nonetheless!!

Lunch was really tasty but I needn't have worried about the goats cheese, there was hardly enough there to keep a doormouse satisfied! And lentils - I counted 6 in total! I asked for no dressing, but I forgot about the dough sticks it comes with - I had 2 of the 4 :ashamed0005: but I think, seeing as I haven't had my HEB or any syns yet I would give it a massive tweak and say 5 syns + HEB + HEA!!!

Back