Chicken Chow Mein

Chelsea.X

Hi Everyone :)
Ok, so tonight, i really fancy a Chinese take-out and somebody mentioned to me that a chicken chow mein was only 7 syns? Please tell me that this is true, i don't believe it myself so i have text my group leader hoping to find out if this is true, i mean i can have boiled rice which i know is free and some of the chicken chow mein! this is amazing!
Please help and let me know if this is true,

Why not make it yourself?.......

Pete’s Chicken Chow Mein

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Carrot, sliced into matchsticks (s) (sff)
1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1tsp sesame oil (2syn/2=1 syn per person)
1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp runny honey (2.5 syns/2=1.25 syns per person)
2.5cm of Ginger, finely sliced
3tbsp light soy sauce
100g Sharwood’s fine rice noodles (ff)
200g Beansprouts (s) (sff)
250g Chicken breast (ff)

Method

Place the chicken in a freezer for 1 hr., remove & slice into strips, place in a bowl & marinate with 1tbsp of the soy sauce & runny honey, mix well and cover, place in the fridge until mealtime.
Prepare the noodles as per the packet instructions.
Heat wok, sprayed with Fry Light and stir-fry the chicken until browned, add the garlic, ginger, onion & carrot and cook for 2 mins, add the bean sprouts, noodles, sweetener & remaining soy sauce, mix well, cook for 5 mins until hot, just before serving add the sesame oil, serve in heated bowls.

Chicken Chow Mein (Small).JPG

Why not make it yourself?.......

Pete’s Chicken Chow Mein

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Carrot, sliced into matchsticks (s) (sff)
1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1tsp sesame oil (2syn/2=1 syn per person)
1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp runny honey (2.5 syns/2=1.25 syns per person)
2.5cm of Ginger, finely sliced
3tbsp light soy sauce
100g Sharwood’s fine rice noodles (ff)
200g Beansprouts (s) (sff)
250g Chicken breast (ff)

Method

Place the chicken in a freezer for 1 hr., remove & slice into strips, place in a bowl & marinate with 1tbsp of the soy sauce & runny honey, mix well and cover, place in the fridge until mealtime.
Prepare the noodles as per the packet instructions.
Heat wok, sprayed with Fry Light and stir-fry the chicken until browned, add the garlic, ginger, onion & carrot and cook for 2 mins, add the bean sprouts, noodles, sweetener & remaining soy sauce, mix well, cook for 5 mins until hot, just before serving add the sesame oil, serve in heated bowls.

View attachment 52980

I make my own chowmein too...but that pic is making my mouth water!!!

wow, that looks like the real deal :)

thanks guys, it was lovely and yes the portion was massive so i had 1/4 of it and shared it around the family but it was delicious! so nice to be able to order a take out when the family does and not having to be fussy about it.

the home made chicken chow main looks amazingly yummy!!!! i think i might try this one night, thank you!

Excellent, thank you!

Hey everyone I made the chicken chow mein off the slimming world recipe site and it says there's 1/2 syn per serving but doesn't state what the syn is. Does anyone happen to know what it would be? Thanks x

Hey everyone I made the chicken chow mein off the slimming world recipe site and it says there's 1/2 syn per serving but doesn't state what the syn is. Does anyone happen to know what it would be? Thanks x
The syns are for the sweet chilli sauce in it. I know this is an old thread but chicken chow mein from the takeaway is now 24 syns per 550g xx

The syns are for the sweet chilli sauce in it. I know this is an old thread but chicken chow mein from the takeaway is now 24 syns per 550g xx

thanks littlepink i was wondering for ages lol if ive not used that tho as im not really a fan of chilli my serving will be completely free is that right? x

Back