Gold Member
Chocolate Cake

Was ProPoints® Value: 10
Now ProPoints® Value: 4
Servings: 10
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Simple, yet irresistibly divine! A treat for any chocoholic!

Ingredients

1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
200 g Sugar, Muscovado
1 can(s) Prunes, in Juice, 213g drained and pitted (small)
50 g Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
150 ml Milk, Skimmed
3 medium Egg, Whole
50 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
2 teaspoons Sugar, Icing, for dusting (level)
1 teaspoons Cocoa Powder, for dusting (heaped)

Instructions

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F. Mist a 23 cm (9 inch) cake tin with spray oil. Line base with greaseproof paper.
Place half the sugar in a blender with prunes, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and milk. Blend for 15 - 20 seconds, until smooth.
Whisk eggs and remaining sugar with electric beaters until very light - about 6 minutes. Stir in chocolate mixture gently, using metal spoon. Sift in flour and fold in gently.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely before turning out. The cake will shrink back slightly as it cools.
Serve, dusted with icing sugar and cocoa powder.

This sounds amazing. I've been with my bloke a year today and was looking for something to cook as a pudding. Might try this. Wonder if there's any cream type thing it'd go well with for not too many points!

Chocolate Cake

Was ProPoints® Value: 10
Now ProPoints® Value: 4
Servings: 10
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Simple, yet irresistibly divine! A treat for any chocoholic!

Ingredients

1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
200 g Sugar, Muscovado
1 can(s) Prunes, in Juice, 213g drained and pitted (small)
50 g Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
150 ml Milk, Skimmed
3 medium Egg, Whole
50 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
2 teaspoons Sugar, Icing, for dusting (level)
1 teaspoons Cocoa Powder, for dusting (heaped)

Instructions

Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F. Mist a 23 cm (9 inch) cake tin with spray oil. Line base with greaseproof paper.
Place half the sugar in a blender with prunes, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and milk. Blend for 15 - 20 seconds, until smooth.
Whisk eggs and remaining sugar with electric beaters until very light - about 6 minutes. Stir in chocolate mixture gently, using metal spoon. Sift in flour and fold in gently.
Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool completely before turning out. The cake will shrink back slightly as it cools.
Serve, dusted with icing sugar and cocoa powder.

Thanks for this, I will definately be trying this one... ;)

That sounds lush!! I was actually going to ask anyone if they had a cake recipe as its my husbands birthday tomorrow and I wanted to make him a cake that I could have a small amount of to! Might give this a go tonight! x

Nom nom nom sounds yummy. Thanks for this x

Back