Chorizo

jc1976

Silver Member
Anybody know the syn value for tescos finest?

Can't find the tesco finest ones on the SW webstie, but found this:

Basic, Continental sausage, chorizo, 100g EE - 6½
Red - 6½
Green - 12

Hopo that helps. If not, maybe give me the nutritional values and i can have a look on the syn calculator.

Thank you x

I love chorizo - I make a scrummy pasta sauce with chicken and chorizo - it's lovely and really worth the syns:)

Tesam2931 said:
I love chorizo - I make a scrummy pasta sauce with chicken and chorizo - it's lovely and really worth the syns:)

Please share your recipe and syn value I can't figure it out

Please share your recipe and syn value I can't figure it out

I use a slow cooker and do lots and split it into meals for two and freeze.

Large Onion
Peppers (I use red, but any colour would do)
Mushrooms
1 kilo bag of chicken breasts
200gr chorizo slices (Aldi, Lidl or Tesco are good)
500gr carton of passata
when empty fill the carton with water
100gr lentils
3 stock cubes
1 tbspoon paprika
garlic

Just put it all in a slow cooker (or pan if you don't have a slow cooker, but you'd need a very large pan)

The syn count for the chorizo was 21syns, but this made 10 meals - so just about 2 syns each meal. You could add any herbs or seasoning that you like, I like paprika and add it to many things - I use the lentils as a thickener, again because I like the nutty taste, but if you don't like them you could just add less water or another thickener.

Sorry if this is vague, but the recipe is my own - I've cooked it and served it at supper parties and the dish is always scraped clean - enjoy!!
Tina x

That sounds delicious x

I love chopped chorizo with sprouts, had some over Xmas and its a great change from bacon :-D

thanks for the recipe will make it in my slow cooker.

Back