Clarity's Diary – My new journey with JUDDD

Clarity

I just completed my first week of JUDD! I thought this would be a good idea to start a diary here to share my experiences and track my progress. I've been lurking for about 2 weeks now and I figured it's the right time to make an account :)

I started JUDDD one week ago at 151 lbs and I’ve already lost 4 lbs! I’m now 147.:bliss:

These results are amazing to me because I was stuck in a rut for a long time. I had gained about 20 lbs in the past year and I wasn’t eating any differently than I usually eat so I didn’t understand why it was happening! My husband thought it might be stress-related. The weight gain began after my best friend passed away. I felt like my metabolism had simply shut down after that and was losing hope that I could do anything about it. I couldn’t fit into my jeans anymore and all my shirts were tight around my gut. I was wearing my baggiest pants and bought a bunch of flowing loose shirts from the thrift shop to hide my weight. Needless to say, my confidence was at an all time low.

I hated the “Oh..you look real healthy” comments from people that had not seen me in a while. A subtle way of saying “wow, you’ve gained some pounds!” I think my breaking point was when a friend asked me if I was pregnant.:eek:

I started dieting. I was eating low carb, restricting my calories in an almost extreme way, walking 4 miles a day and running on the treadmill every other day. My weight would fluctuate between 1-2 lbs over a 3 month period. That’s IT! I was having digestive problems and stomach bloat. I felt so uncomfortable in my own skin and incredibly frustrated that I couldn’t just lose weight like I used to when I was younger. I know your metabolism slows down as you age, but I’m only 33! I was denying myself all the food that I loved and not getting any of the benefits from it! It sucked.:(

I wasn’t 100% sure this JUDDD diet would work when I first started. I have to confess I was dubious. The idea of eating whatever you want every other day… What? How can you *possibly* lose weight that way? I also faced judgment from my co-workers that told me this diet had “eating disorder written all over it”. They said it sounded like I would be Binging and then starving myself. They told me not to do it, so I just dropped the subject and did it anyway. It’s my body after all.

The first few days weren’t easy. First Down Day I clocked out at 800 calories. Next Down Day I had a date with a friend and I ended up drinking 2 glasses of wine instead of eating dinner. No bueno. I ate too much on my first real Up Day (Got a little over-excited about eating the food again that I had been denying myself for so long.) Next UD I did better.

I found that my biggest problem is social obligations on Down Days. It’s very hard when you go out and see your friends eating these delicious meals, drinking wine… You’re pushing a salad with a splash of lemon juice around on your plate and sipping a glass of water. Not fun or easy. It takes discipline for sure.

It’s worth it in the end though. My stomach is flatter than it’s been in months and months. I’m already seeing the difference this early on. My digestion is really good. No more constipation and bloating. I feel like I have more energy. I feel more confident and in control of my body. That feels really good. I feel happy because I’m not denying myself the food I enjoy eating, I’m just taking a break from it every other day. It’s easier than any diet I’ve ever been on in that respect. I can’t wait to see more results. I’m definitely going to stick with JUDDD.

This week I didn’t go to the gym at all and I’d like to start incorporating exercise into my diet again. I’m thinking it might be best to work out on Up Days because I’ll have more energy due to the food I’m eating. For those that work out on JUDDD how has this affected your results? Have you lost more weight as a result? Did you not lose as much? Did it not make a difference? I’m curious.

So that’s all for today. It's my Up Day. I had a grilled chicken sandwich w/ coleslaw for lunch and a lean pocket for breakfast. I couldn't resist the chocolate chip cookies my co-worker brought in but at least I stuck to just one. I feel pretty good today.

I'm going to try to update daily and keep track of my progress here. I'm really optimistic that this diet will help me lose the 20 lbs I gained and help me feel confident again in my skin. (fingers crossed)

-Clarity

Back