Clothing Advice please - got a top but not the one I showed you..link attached X

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Sorry if you've read this in the SW teams but thought I'd get more advice here;

H & I are going out (just the 2 of us) next Saturday night to a comedy club. It's been over a year since we've been out & my friend is having my son & the baby overnight so we don't have to rush home.

I'm really in the mood for dressing up (been so long) so please advise which do you think I should go for. I'm a size 18 (sometimes 16 but very rare lol) I'm pear shape, I've big boobies (38E) smallish waist then my hips/thighs are bigger if you see what I mean.

So I was going to go for either this, with black trousers or jeans:

Clothing at Tesco | F&F Border print tunic > long sleeve tops > New In - Womens > featured products

Or this dress with black tights/leggings with knee high boots

Clothing at Tesco | F&F Tea Dress > casual dresses > New In - Womens > featured products

I've a thick black belt so might wear that around the waist of them to show off my smallish (lol) waist.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Sorry link didn't work in the first, should be there now??

I think the second one but without the belt as it has a tie that should show off your waist and is more dressy with the boots if going glam

Hope you have a fantastic time!

Ok sorted - if I copy and paste into the browser I can see them :) I prefer the second one but again without the belt - think it would look a bit too much with that pattern

I love the purple in the first one.
You could wear a reallllly thin black belt with it and show off your waist but I think itd do it without the belt.

Here's a picture of me:

I've attached a picture of me I think...lets see if it works

Before pic.jpg

Def the purple one. Gorgeous colours, and great kneckline. Also it has long sleeves so no sodding about wondering if you need a cardie over it.
I think you should treat yourself to some silver and purple accessories as well. Lovely.

Have a great time xx

The first one for me, I think the shape would fit better & the neckline would show off your bust:rolleyes:; I think the 2nd is too long to wear with trousers & would make you look big.

The first seems to hang better than the 2nd.

Could you go to tescos, try them on, take a photo & post:D then go back to buy which WE like, lol

The first one for me, I think the shape would fit better & the neckline would show off your bust:rolleyes:; I think the 2nd is too long to wear with trousers & would make you look big.

The first seems to hang better than the 2nd.

Could you go to tescos, try them on, take a photo & post:D then go back to buy which WE like, lol

I'm going to try & go tomorrow with H, he likes the 1st one too XX

I'm liking the first one too. I really like the colours and shape

personally.... urgh!!! to both of them... but then again I'm a bloke and have no "vision" for what something would look like on and accessorised or dressed up with other pieces of clothing over / under it..

whichever you choose, do us a pic of you in the full getup so we can see how it turned out..

I think it's the patterns I'm not keen on because I like the look of the plain purple one that comes up on the "also bought" side panel when you click on the first one..

First one for me too.

hugs xxx

The dress will suit your shape much better show off your waist and those lovely legs whilst not accentuating your curvy hips! x

Definitely the first one - it's really nice.

Back