Collars on kitties

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by blue_grapefruit, 24 July 2008 Social URL.

1. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

My two kittens are definately jekyl and hyde characters. They're SO naughty sometimes, and often run under your feet so i have put some kitten collars with bells on them.

Do you think this is ok? They are the easy open ones that will spring open if they get them caught.

Also, my OH is calling them horrible names cos of their new bling :) Do you agree he deserves a slap? (The human not the cats!)

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

my kittens were put in collars simply so I could tell them apart (I removed the bells though). they have the quick release ones too. The collars were actually a little to big for them when they first had them but there have been no probs. ... about three times they have come off but I've found them again.
  4. Big_emo

Big_emo Full Member

Collars are fine on kittens (the quick release ones are great), mine has had a coller on for 18 years, I have also taken the bell off as well!!! It's great cause if she gets lost I have a disc which says she is chipped and my mobile number which gives me great piece of mind when she goes wandering off.
  5. blue_grapefruit

I need to keep the bell on cos they keep getting accidentaly kicked as they run out from behind things when they hear us coming. Feel so bad!

They look well cute though :)
  6. Big_emo

Big_emo Full Member

Don't feel bad about keeping the bell on, I only took mine off cause she would run around all night at the bell kept me awake. Your kittens will soon get used to the bell and collar. :)
    I love the photos of your cats, it makes me want a kitten again
  7. SkinnyMalink

SkinnyMalink Full Member

Slimming World
    I've given up with my cat- the other day he came in like Rambo with it on his head! He is going to have to be naked again..
  8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

9. blue_grapefruit

Think we need a pic of this :D

My two are clever. Alfie grabs Rufus' collar, Rufus bites it too, and they can pull them off!!!
  10. Gemstone

Gemstone Here for the Journey

Healthy Eating (common sense)
    Love kittens and cats. Not too long ago I had 4 elderly cats. In the last 2.5 years I have lost 3 out of 4 and the last one is looking thin and frail - almost afraid to take her to the vets just in case....x

Love Alfie and Rufus x
  11. KittyB

KittyB Gold Member

Awwwww bless they are sooooo cute :)

I love cats - mines got her bell on because she's a hunter and I can't stand her presents ;)

12. Gemstone

Gemstone Here for the Journey

Healthy Eating (common sense)
    One of mine used to climb onto the spindley branch of one tree to reach the birds on the other tree (much stronger). The birds knew that even though he was only about a foot away waving around on the branch, he had no chance of catching them x
  13. Fat&FedUp

Fat&FedUp Full Member

I got a kitten recently - a gorgeous ginger tom called Alfie!

I brought him a coller - it's a kitten collar with a bell and it's also a quick release one too. I kept the bell on so that I know where he is!
  14. xPrincessx

xPrincessx Full Member

tryin to find one to suit me
    you hear alot of people saying that cats shouldn't wear collars, and i think it's daft!! they are designed not to choke cats, i however think there better if there the ones with bells on, ones where the cats can be seen in the dark.

it's the same with flea collars, people say cats shouldn't wear them either just in case they try to chew them! mine have flea collars, and they have never tried to chew on them.
  15. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Collar Tree ?!

I've got 3 young cats and lots of birds and trees in my garden.
    The cats keep coming home (thank God)
    without their collars. It's costing me a fortune in collars, bells,tags and magnets!!!
    We never find the collars. I'm sure they must be decorating a tree somewhere !!

Attached Files:

16. DamoLeeds

DamoLeeds Member

My Cat refuses to wear a collar and he’s perfectly behaved. Mind you he’s about 7 years old now.
  17. brett30

brett30 keep smiling

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Gastric bypass surgery
    my cats open doors .. and woke to find them in the middle of my xmas tree one year i thought someone was in my house i nearly died lol ... came down to find the tree on the floor and things moving inside i thought i had gremlins in the house .....
  18. Avatar Advert

19. angieanguk

angieanguk Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    My kitten is now 5 months old and she has worn a collar since we got her at 12 weeks. In fact the bell is a blessing so that when she hides under the bed and tries to grab ankles on our way past we have time to dodge (well most of the time). The dog also hears her coming and moves quickly!
  20. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight Watchers
    My kittens have collars with belles an it doesn't d them any harm! And HE needs a slap :D
  21. blue_grapefruit

They're now 9 months old and have had a collar on ever day since I got them. They have their new collars on that Santa brought them at the moment. When I take them off to brush them they chew on them, it's rather cute to be honest :)
  22. smiley:)

smiley:) Member

anyone have a way of keeping a collar on a cat? (besides stapling it on... hehehe I'm kidding!!!!) my gorgeous little girl wont keep hers on - she gets it off and hides it and we dont find it for three days!!! at the moment she doesnt have it on... but she will have to again... she doesnt really go out of the garden, but one day she might (she's 11 months old) and she is chipped and registered but I worry about the wildlife... and not being able to find her, of course... (of course, part of me is very proud that she is such a clever kitty haha, she has so much personality!)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.