Computer help needed?!!?!?!

kandy

Silver Member
Hi miniminners
We are now very close to moving house and i promised my daughters a new pc our old one died recently.

Funds v limited at the mo so cant go top of the range went to tesco yesterday and found these

Information given in our Back to School flyer is incorrect, this PC package comes with a 15.4" TFT monitor.

Description

Features

Delivery options

Description

The eMachines TFT monitor has a maximum resolution of 1280x800 pixels, a brightness level of 250cd/m2 and a contrast ratio of 400:01:00. This eMachines monitor is wall mountable and comes in widescreen.

Features

NameValueBrandeMachinesFeatures of ProductAffordable innovative technology Increased productivity with widescreen Environment friendlyMonitor Brightness250 cd/m2Monitor Built in SpeakersNoMonitor Built in TV TunerNoMonitor Contrast Ratio400:1Monitor Max Resolution1280 x 800 (native and maximum)Monitor Response Rate in MS31msMonitor Screen FeaturesLCD Color Active Matrix TFT WXGAMonitor Screen Size15.4"Monitor TypeTFTMonitor Wall MountableYesMonitor WidescreenYesPC Card ReaderYesPC GraphicsIntel Graphics Media Accelerator 950PC Hard Drive80Gb 7200RPM SATA IIPC Keyboard TypeWiredPC Memory512MbPC Mouse TypeWiredPC Number of PCI Express Ports2xPC Number of USB Ports6x (4 Rear, 2 Front)PC Operating SystemWindows Vista™ Home BasicPC Optical Drive TypeDVD RW Dual Layer Super Multi DrivePC ProcessorIntel CeleronPC Processor Cache512Kb L2PC Processor Model Number420PC Processor Speed1.6GHzPC Sound CardYesPC Spearkers2.1 speakers

Delivery options

This item is available for:
  • Standard next day delivery (if ordered before midday) *
  • Collection from a Tesco store**
* Availability of this service depends upon your postcode
** Store collect currently available in a limited number of locations

OR THIS
Gateway ML3108b 14.1" Laptop
Catalogue number: 200-5655

Description

Features

Delivery options

Description

The Gateway ML3108b 14.1" Laptop is light and thin for easy portability. The laptop features the new Windows Vista™ Home Basic operating system. It also comes complete with a 1.86 GHz AMD Sempron processor with a GeForce

I could go a bit higher just wondered how good these are ??
It's just for the girls to go online (i have never let them before bad mutha! :eek:) Play games store music and of course a little homework thrown in.
What's better pc/ laptop ?? why? HELP i am so confused
All advice greatly appreciated lv Julie XXXX

Hiya m8!

Give me a nod at home this week for a chat about it.

Mike

Back