Confession is good for the soul...own up!!!

CelticTiger

Here to help :-)
It's a damp Sunday morning outside, an ideal time to bare your souls... to your cookery calamities in the Kitchen. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I got the ball rolling with the Pizza Fiasco... :cry::cry::cry: (read . Roadkill on a plate on here)

I've shown you mine, now you show me yours :flirt2::flirt2::flirt2:

Come on now, don't be shy, you KNOW you want to...:D:D:D

Made chicken stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon a few weeks ago - chicken didnt cook enough so we had lovely bacon and veg :)

Not sure if this counts - burnt strawberries a few years ago. Left gas hob on after cooking breakfast. Returned from shopping and placed a carrier bag on the hob. Up in flames it went!

Now we're off and running...:)

I was on a phone call with a valued client one day when my toddler decided to have toast, so he turned on the toaster again, and again and again! Some minutes later, I got a funny smell as I was coming up the corridor.... when I got to the kitchen, the toaster was abalze, with the flames licking up along the kitchen presses. :eek::eek::eek:

I managed to unplug it, then drove the handle of the floor brush through it and deliver the flaming toaster out to the middle of the back garden...much the amusement of my toddler of course...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Our Kitchen holds precious few happy memories :eek:

When I first started cooking, I didn't know what a clove of garlic was and thought it was a whole bulb. I cooked a spaghetti dish which called for 2 cloves of garlic - you can only imagine how pungunt this dish was - days later, I still smelled of garlic!! For some reason I don't think our guests came to dinner again!

Ah excellent lilacwine!!! :D:D:D

I can just imagine, your guests must have thought they had stumbled into some Voodoo ritual or something. :eek::eek::eek:

Bet they were social piriahas, their clothes, bed linen, EVERYTHING must have stinked of garlic for weeks afterwards.

I told ye I had a dark sense of humour, well this is just up my street... :rolleyes:

Well done, Lilacwine, come on, keep them coming...:flirt2:

hi

hi Celtic, a few Christmas's ago my dad bought me some fresh prawns,he said they were cooked and all I had to do was serve them up. So we all sat down on Christmas day to a lovely prawn cocktail, only thing was the prawns WERENOT cooked we were eating them RAW.needless to say that was my first and last taste if sushi lol

Ah Jem, brilliant!!! But you should have known better than to take a mans advice on cooking, with a few notable exceptions, it can be deeply flawed...;-)
Were your guests ever so polite and ate, or did you find it in the house plants weeks after???

Regards,

Conor

no Celtic we didn't eat them just a few bites b4 we realised but the worst thing is I'm a cook by trade and I didn't notice at first they were nice and pink looked cooked lol

Ah Jem, that's just brilliant! And no doubt you took it like a professional and Wowed them with a spectacular dinner. To err is human :)

yes

I did indeed Celtic the rest of the meal was fab!......even if I do say so myself lol x

Kudos jem, Well Done!

If you have any wonderful WW ProPoints recipes you'd like to share, be my guest...

i will

I will hoke some out and post them, although I don't use recipes much (but love to try new ones on here) as such I make quite a lot of my cooking up a little of this a lot of that so I will start writing them down x

Jem - keep them as simple as possible,please. I can be your sounding board, if I can prepare it, then a toddler could cook it!:D:D:D

I await your contributions with lively anticipation...:flirt2::flirt2::flirt2:

Back