Confidence has been knocked :-(

Azeluk

Hey peeps,

I've been doing slimming world now for about 17 weeks and have lost 3st 2.5lbs and i feel great, ive dropped from XXL tops to L and from 42" trousers to 34", so i treated my self to some new clothes and i felt brilliant, but the other day i walked in to my mums place and told them since the last time i saw you ive lost another 5lbs, my mum of course congratulated me but her boyfriend said, "well done but youve still got your big tits (moobs)" :-( now i dont want to wear my new t-shirts i just wanna cover up, I've had moobs since my teens and since joining slimming world they have reduced in size by quite a bit, but now after everything because of that comment i feel rubbish, i feel like im back at square one again and im now more concious about my moobs than ever.

Azel

Last edited:
Thats a horrible thing for him to say!!! I have learnt the hard way that when people say things like that its normally because they have issues of their own, not neccessarily weight but are jealous you have manage to stick at something and be successful! You have dont brilliantly so far!!! And dont let anyone tell you otherwise, if they have already decreased in size they will probably carry on decreasing too, and Im not sure but are the specific exercises you could do to try and tackle these?? Im at work so cant really search. Either way, its your body and no one should be allowed to make you feel bad about it!!! Not many people have achieved what you have and you should feel proud :) Nasty people say nasty things and they dont deserve your time or worry xxx

Your weight loss in 17 weeks has been fantastic. It is more than 2lbs a week.......that is so good.

My advice is ignore it, just ignore it. Remarks like that are often made thoughtlessly and mostly by pretty insensitive, ignorant people. Feel sorry for your mum!!!!

Hold you head high, wear your new t'shits with confidence. I am sure you will look good.

LOL Sue, how did that get past the swear filter??

Azeluk, take no notice of your mums boyfriend. He probably thought he was being funny and didnt realise it was a sore point with you. You have done incredibly well, so dont let that ridiculous comment have more of your time than it is worth (none at all).

Thanks peeps :) im feeling lots better now, i think il wear one of my new tops to my weigh in tonight.

Azel

Yes, definitely wear one of your new tops tonight!

I'm sure your mums boyfriend was just trying to make a joke and didn't realise how hurtful his words could be. If they have already decreased in size, just think about what size they'll be when you reach your goal!

Funny you should say that i hit my target of 14stone last week (well smashed it lol ) i think il be changing my target to about 13st though.

Azel

What a tit that man is!
Well done you, you have taken control and overcome all the obstacles to get where you are.
Now go tell yourself that you are clever, strong and in control and pity the poor fool!

Yup there ya go, say to yourself "I pity the fool who cannot congratulate me on my achievements" in your best Mr T voice.
Actually it may help you smile away stupid comments!

My mate was telling me that her husband accused her of treating him like a child when all she did was tell him he was in someones way. She then went on to say that he was worse than her Grandson in needing to have his own way all the time.
I told her to carry lollypops in her pocket to give him when he was like that and tell him that she would stop acting like his mother when he stopped acting like a child.
Well she's more grown up than me and didn't carry the lollies but the next time he said it to her she had to smile at the thought of giving him a lolly!!!!

Hey peeps,

just thought i would update you all, i wore my new tshirt to my weigh in tonight and ive lost another 2lbs this week :).

Azel

Brilliant !!!!

I think that unfortunatly there are some blokes who feel that excessive complimenting of another male will result in their sexuality being questioned. He's said 'well done', so prob felt he needed to balance that out and resume male 'banter'. Silly man!!!

It's strange, but my our supposed friend is always quick to 'joke' about moobs to my boyfriend (who has lost weight recently, and doesn't have moobs at all!) Yet this friend is twice the size of my boyfriend, and I know he is sensitive about his size, but still thinks that his digs are 'funny'. Ha-bl**dy-ha.

You've done brilliantly. Enjoy your new wardrobe and keep at it!!

Back