Cooking with lipotrim ("cheesecake")

BeviSiwel

Returning Member
I was just wondering if anybody has tried to make a cheese cake out of their various sachets and flapjacks and whether they had much luck with it. I've crumbled a peanut flapjack, into chocolate sachet made up to a mousse and then added vanilla ontop after baking the chocolate peanut mix into a cakey consistency. Now it's in the freezer for me to eat during the day tomorrow.

How did it turn out for other people? If it's never been tried I'll tell you what its like tomorrow :D

Hiya Bev,

That's very creative!! I have tried the mousse, with the strawberry but it tasted so sickly - I don't think I did it right! If there could be anything with a biscuit-like consistency I would be up for it! Hope it tastes good tomorrow hun! xxx

BeviSiwel said:
I was just wondering if anybody has tried to make a cheese cake out of their various sachets and flapjacks and whether they had much luck with it. I've crumbled a peanut flapjack, into chocolate sachet made up to a mousse and then added vanilla ontop after baking the chocolate peanut mix into a cakey consistency. Now it's in the freezer for me to eat during the day tomorrow.

How did it turn out for other people? If it's never been tried I'll tell you what its like tomorrow :D

Ooh let me know how it goes!!x

I remember reading that someone had mixed the vanilla shake with hot water then crumbled in a flapjack to make a porridge. I'm always frightened of experimenting in case I dont like it and then it's a waste of products

Results on the cheesecake:
For what it was, it tasted fantastic. I wouldn't mind eating a 1/3 of it every 6 hours for my three meals a day or maybe eating a segment once over three days.

Highly recommend people try it.
What you need:
Flapjack (Flavour optional)
Sachet for base (Chocolate or Vanilla)
Sachet for 'cheese' (Vanilla or strawberry)

Method:
1. Reduce the flapjack to crumbs in a food processor and tip out into a bowl
2. Make up the base sachet to a medium viscous mousse, just a little bit thinner than double cream (When wipped up of course, not when it's in the pot)
3. Pour the crumbs into the mousse and fold it in together to make a mixture that looks a little like a porridge feeling sorry for itself.
4. Set the mixture in a small baking dish and put this in the oven for about 4-8 minutes on 180degrees C
5. Make up the 'cheese' sachet to a consistancy thicker than the base sachet (Only a little thicker, not by much, otherwise you get that horrible tang that they get as thick mousse)
6. Take the 'biscuit base' out of the oven and spoon the 'cheese' sachet on top.
7. Set in the freezer for about 2 hours.
8. Defrost slightly in the fridge before eating.
Result: A tangy cheesecake that eating all at once will be your full lot for the day.
Honest verdict: It's not perfect, but if your desperate then it's a good idea to try.

This thread made me lol I'm def going to give it a go though when I'm super bored!!

Sounds great, will give it a go at some point I am sure! Does it make much of a portion each time?

Sounds great, will give it a go at some point I am sure! Does it make much of a portion each time?

Depends on the size of the dish. Mine was just a little one as it was only one flapjack base, but it was rather thick. If you spread it a bit thinner over a larger dish I'm sure it'd be a bit more of a portion.
Washing it down with a lot of water helps though. The taste isn't stellar, but it's nice to think I'm sitting there with a big hunk of cheesecake and the texture is almost there.

Am sure a psychoanalyist will have a field day with this!

For me if I were sitting there pretending to have a cheescake it would set my thought processes into wanting a real cheescake and a slippery slope for me whilst on this diet.

For me the real beauty of Lipotrim is to NOT think about food at all. I'm still only a week in so the dreams about eating roast dinners hasn't kicked in just yet!!

Lisa x

p.s. I should also check that you haven't anniliated the nutritional values of the shakes by doing this process of cooking and freezing. There has to be a reason why they say you must drink within 20-30 minutes of making up.

I checked with my pharmacist before doing anything freaky deaky with it, as they are both on the diet themselves.
The woman often makes crisps out of her soup packets and told me that the act of cooking or freezing won't affect the nutritional values to an extent where it's no longer helping my body. Of course it will nullify some, but if you divide it up into portions and eat one segment once a day then it won't make much difference.
Besides, the further you go into the diet, the more desperate you get for solid food. So actually, it's a lesser evil in my books.

BeviSiwel said:
I checked with my pharmacist before doing anything freaky deaky with it, as they are both on the diet themselves.
The woman often makes crisps out of her soup packets and told me that the act of cooking or freezing won't affect the nutritional values to an extent where it's no longer helping my body. Of course it will nullify some, but if you divide it up into portions and eat one segment once a day then it won't make much difference.
Besides, the further you go into the diet, the more desperate you get for solid food. So actually, it's a lesser evil in my books.

Crisps out of the soup?!?! Please explain!!xxx

Has anyone just put some shake into a plastic ice lolly maker then frozen? I'm thinking they would be nice come warmer weather

That sounds like a great idea! Especially when younger siblings all get icecream. Good thinking Angel xxx

Ooooo I think I need to try this, thanks :) x

Back