Could you please help me keep my sanity?

Coley

Re-starter
I have been working on the same presentation for....lets see.......11 and a bit hours now...it's only a rough one and to be in tomorrow. I have a dissertation meeting which I haven't read the 5 journals I am supposed to have read.....must do that tonight also....and then I have class. Hrm....haven't done all the reading there either.

I don't sit and do nothing all day, I read and take notes but they want me to read eeeeeeveryyyyyyyytttttttthinnnnng!!!

I'm going a bit loopy with the same stuff going round in my head and I'm tired and I have so much to do and its soooo hard. Ideomotor Compatibility Theory anyone? I have no idea what that is....but it's in my presentation. I want to go to the shop.....to get munchies for the all nighter I'll have to do to get this done....help meeeeeeee.

Bad students are slackers!! good students are meeeeeee and tired and grumpy and keep bursting into tears cause of all the random stuff I still have to do!!!:(:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

Oh Coley you are bringing back very uncomfortable memories for me. I was terribly stressed by deadlines and my brain would get paralysed by it. All i can say is that if i did an all nightly I seemed to work more fluently and easily in the wee hours.

All the best for your long night!

Dizzy x

I'm sorry you are asking the wrong person, presentations I always went to pieces. I think it's because I felt if I was presenting I should know more than the audience, of course I never did as you usually present to lecturers and other students who are a lot more confident.

You seem to be much more confident I must leave you to it because I don't feel like I'm helping.

Just going to post a thread re everyone on minimims seeming to have some background in psychology. Will have to come up with some interesting theory about it!

Dizzy x

Bad students are slackers!! good students are meeeeeee and tired and grumpy and keep bursting into tears cause of all the random stuff I still have to do!!!:(:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused:

Awww. You poor lass. Lots of hugs
Hugs.gif

Thanks guys!! I have regained some of the sanity...although fell into dried mango pieces today....whoops!:rolleyes:...presentation not till Monday but had to have rough copy in today...working on it again now...it's been cut in half! jeez!! Too much info says lecturer!! :eek: getting to play with fun animation stuff a little bit now and listening to my new DJ Yoda albums and my brother just sent me 2 Imogen Heap albums...yey!

I can help!!!
Try reading 'Use Your Head' by Tony Buzan - this is a fantastic book that will change your study life - it should be compulsory for all parents to read it and teach the techniques to their children!!!!!
It will raise your IQ, support you achieving better grades, and make note taking etc more interesting. I've completed 3 Masters degrees using these skills and am now on my PhD - trust me - after reading it you will not know how you did without it!
Good luck!

Awwwwww Winner. Me thinks it's a book for the holidays! I have no time to finish the reading I have never mind any other bits and bobs even though it would be helpful! I haven't even been able to do my brain training on my DS!!! how tragic is that?:(

Hi Nicole,
I sympathise, but don't wait - the sooner you've read it the sooner your life will change! Please don't wait - it will make such a difference - it even includes a section on how to read faster!
This will put you in control over your subject and your mental capacities. All you have to do is read it!

YEY!!!

Wheeeee!! I am just home from doing my presentation! Have 45 mins till first client to chill now!! yey!

My presentation went soooo well!!! NO mess ups, everyone gave feedback, but all positive comments. Even the lecturer couldn't say anything negative. He stopped giving me all the good points and said "let just stop applauding her and watch instead" (we were all taped and had to get watched back) and he said he's not telling me my mark as I won't bother to do my 2nd presentation in a few weeks!!!

I've never done anything at uni super well, so this is a first!! My ego is HUGE at the moment!! yey!!!:D:D:D Go me!!!!!:p

My presentation went soooo well!!! NO mess ups, everyone gave feedback, but all positive comments. Even the lecturer couldn't say anything negative. He stopped giving me all the good points and said "let just stop applauding her and watch instead" (we were all taped and had to get watched back) and he said he's not telling me my mark as I won't bother to do my 2nd presentation in a few weeks!!!

Woohoo!!!!:D :D

Welldone - you see, the tears and stress were worth it - sounds like you did an absolutely fab job.

Congratulations:D

Tasha:)

Back