DELETE PLEASE

When I'm ill I live on instant mash (Mr Mash is still syn free) and tinned tomatoes. Even before I started SW this is what I would have eaten.

Soup is the only other thing I can think of.

Ooh! And chocolate weetabix (4 syns each or 2 are a EXB + 2 syns) "melted" using boiling water with a mullerlight poured over it (or even without the yoghurt).

I'd say go for it still, eat lost of soup so no scratchy food to hurt your thoat more. Also, try frozen fruits taken out of the freezer and put on free youghurt - the frozen berries freeze the youghurt and it's magic on th sore throat (I have one too!). Good luck and hope you feel up to joining this week. x

When I'm ill I live on instant mash (Mr Mash is still syn free) and tinned tomatoes. Even before I started SW this is what I would have eaten.

Soup is the only other thing I can think of.

Ooh! And chocolate weetabix (4 syns each or 2 are a EXB + 2 syns) "melted" using boiling water with a mullerlight poured over it (or even without the yoghurt).

Ooo I love instant mash so will stock up on some of that. I have lots of ingredients coming in my food shop tomorrow for soup recipes too and I have weetabix. Love those new choco ones :)
Thanks for the ideas xxx

I'd say go for it still, eat lost of soup so no scratchy food to hurt your thoat more. Also, try frozen fruits taken out of the freezer and put on free youghurt - the frozen berries freeze the youghurt and it's magic on th sore throat (I have one too!). Good luck and hope you feel up to joining this week. x

Thanks hun :)
I am deffo still going whether Im ill or not. Im just abit gutted I cant eat the meals I had planned out for the week. Got loads of meal ideas which ive wrote out but looks like im not going to be able to eat them. xxx

Hi

Sorry to hear you are ill...i would say still join tomorow

Some other suggestions are perhaps mugshots as they are easy to swallow, maybe a little warm porridge?? Porridge always makes me feel better when i'm ill.

Failing that, perhaps some yoghurts to soothe the throat??

Kate

Hi

Sorry to hear you are ill...i would say still join tomorow

Some other suggestions are perhaps mugshots as they are easy to swallow, maybe a little warm porridge?? Porridge always makes me feel better when i'm ill.

Failing that, perhaps some yoghurts to soothe the throat??

Kate

Thanks hun :)
i forgot ive got some porridge in, got those oat so simple sachets so will have those. Also got loads of veg coming in my online shop tomorrow so can make up some lovely soups. So looking forward to joining again. xxx

I am afraid I am going to disagree with the others. If you have flu you should definitely NOT go and join tomorrow. Flu is infectious from the day before onset and for a couple of days after the symptoms subside. It is, I am sure you know, highly contagious and on the off-chance of spreading it, I wouldn't risk it. As the group is new to you, you won't know if anyone there has an underlying health condition that could be compromised by catching it.

It is really not worth the risk. I appreciate you are keen to get going, but get better first.

I'm with the Minx on this.

You've done SW before, so you've got all the stuff, and you know all the rules. So you don't need to put off starting following the plan, but it really isn't fair to everyone else to go out into a big group of people when you're quite possibly going to be spreading something nasty.

Start on Plan, but leave it a week to join the group. Apart from anything else, there'll be a much smaller crowd next week, once the New Year's Resolution people have done their first week.

Back