Do you all exercise? If so what do you do?

I get up at 6am and run 6 miles before getting all the kids ready for school! I go to work and in my lunch break swim 50 lengths of the olympic pool in Swansea- (the lengths are 50m rather than the usual 25!). I get the kids home from school, cook them dinner and when my hubby gets home I hit the gym! 2 hours of cardiovascular stuff then an hour on the weights! Do you think I'm doing too much?!?! (OK that was all a big fat lie!! I haven't got kids and I do a bit of walking which includes hills as much as I can- probably about 3 times a week!!! haha! Thought it would be fun to get people panicking!!)XXX

LOL my eyes popped out my head when I read that!

I do a half walk half jog for 30mins everyday and my dog loves it, he's a yellow Labrador so any excuse for a walk. Hes my pace setter lol. I also do 30mins on my Wii active several times a week and Ive just ordered Davina's High Energy Five which I cant wait to get but ill have to either do it before my little one gets up or bribe him with sweets and a dvd on my laptop while I workout, lol!

I've lost weight in the past without doing any exercise. You don't have to do it BUT! This July I decided I ought to do something, and splashed out on a Wii. I have EA sports active, Wiifit (which is ok if you aren't very fit, ) and the Biggest Loser. (but only had that for a few weeks)
All I can say is, my measurements now are the same as when I weighed a stone heavier and I wasn't exercising. My shape has totally changed, and when I get to target I will be fitter and a better shape than I've ever been. (and it makes you feel good, but find something you like)

Judi, is that right, when you was a stone heavier, your measurements were what they are now? I'm confused, surely the exercise would mean your measurements would be less now, than what they were when you were heavier?.?.?

I love to run and hit my 10 minute mile last week but i'm rubbsih at doing it alone! My friend always comes with me - i don't have the motivation to run by myself but i always try to walk for half an hour in my lunch break.

Try exercising with a friend, just go for a walk - you're supposed to still be able to hold a conversation so it's a great opportunity for a gossip!!

Every little helps!

I don't really exercise. I walk my dog at a brisk pace and this has toned my legs up for sure. I like to run but only in the fine weather, I take no pleasure from running in the cold! I have wii fit but don't use it and countless fitness dvd's. I thought I might get EA sports active as this seems to be highly recommended.
You do not need to exercise to lose weight on SW. In fact, don't expect exercise to help the pounds drop off much quicker because that doesn't seem to happen.
Exercise because it is good for you, not because you'll lose weight quicker.

My exercise is the same everyday as follows:

1) Walking to the car parked outside my door in the morning when going to work
2) Walking up the stairs to my desk at work
3) Sit on my fat ass all day
4) Walking to the loo, kitchen (not sure how many times)
5) Walking to the car go home and into my house, sit on my fat ass again till hubby has dinner ready..

Only joking I go out every evening with my baby in the pushchair for at least an hours fast walking if not longer..

LOL

My exercise is the same everyday as follows:

1) Walking to the car parked outside my door in the morning when going to work
2) Walking up the stairs to my desk at work
3) Sit on my fat ass all day
4) Walking to the loo, kitchen (not sure how many times)
5) Walking to the car go home and into my house, sit on my fat ass again till hubby has dinner ready..

Only joking I go out every evening with my baby in the pushchair for at least an hours fast walking if not longer..

ive tried everything, ive had 4 gym memberships this year, starting with good intentions but life gets in the way. Tried running but im very impatient as i know its something u have to really work on so invest in a exercise bike and im burning so many calories watching tv!

I walk a lot, and swim most days, also cycling regularly and Wii fit where I can fit it in. Despite being 19 stone I am the fittest I have been my whole life!

My OH is 19 stone, and we regularly run 10km. He is fit, gorgeous and sexy. He he.

I run about 20km a week, and weights and sit ups. I'm alot fitter than many alot slimmer!

Lydna

I like to go to the gym, but unfortunately it's not regular....for many reasons. But I started a zumba dance class last night. It was fun and def gets the blood pumping.

worth a try :)

i walk home from work 5 days a week 2.3 miles, so 11.5 miles a week and try 1/2 on wii most nights.

Back