Do you ever wish...

missclare85

Silver Member
You started your SW journey earlier?

Im sitting here and i honestly could kick myself and i would if i was THAT flexable. I sat around for months and months and months getting bigger by the day. Getting to my heaviest at over 17 stone. So i decided to do something about it and started doing my 'own thing' and gymming it alot. i lost weight but slowly but hey it was still coming off. Even though im proud of how far ive come and yes its only 12 1/2lb from when i joined slimming world its still a massive deal to me.

Im sat here in work now, trying to work out how much i have to weigh to get under 200lb....which is 14 st 3lb roll on that day and the more coming.

My next goal is my club 10, which is 10lb or 10 1/2lb i think my minds gone blank, and im hoping to achieve this by the Xmas. In all the years ive done slimming world ive never actually reached this milestone.

This time it will be different. Ill sure make sure of that.

Neways sorry for going on, im still in work and im hungry so i thought id have a bit of a moan :)

Roll on dinner - Kofte meatballs SW EE style!!! Yum yum!!!! I hope theyre as good as my mother is making out

I started my SW journey about 17 years ago lol and I am hoping that this will be my last go.................I do wish however that SW had been around sooner as I cringe when i think of all the fad diets, the going without, the measuring 20ml of milk for a coffee, the weighing slices of cucumber .........generally wasting my time and energy when all along there was a brilliant 'diet' in the pipeline x

Ive been doing diets myself on and off for 15 years and never ever got to goal :(

Not done many fad ones though.

I have tried lipotrim lasted 5 days, & celebrity slim and lasted 8 weeks but come on i got this size because of food, i love food and obv need food in my life ha! Those two where definatly the hardest diets i have done.

Slimming world has definitley been a revelation for me, like how I can eat unlimited amounts as long as its free/superfree foods. I'm learning how to cook and its all thanks to slimming world and their free foods!! I love the fact I don't have to have tiny portions and that I can have comfort style meals for tea. If I did weight watchers I'd only end up living on ready meals cos I'm easily lazy when options like that are open to me!

I do wish my mam had taken me along when I was younger though, with their plan for under 15's. Would have taught me how to eat healthily etc. But it didn't happen and now I am here and loving the plan and that's all that matters

Slimming world has definitley been a revelation for me, like how I can eat unlimited amounts as long as its free/superfree foods. I'm learning how to cook and its all thanks to slimming world and their free foods!! I love the fact I don't have to have tiny portions and that I can have comfort style meals for tea. If I did weight watchers I'd only end up living on ready meals cos I'm easily lazy when options like that are open to me!

I do wish my mam had taken me along when I was younger though, with their plan for under 15's. Would have taught me how to eat healthily etc. But it didn't happen and now I am here and loving the plan and that's all that matters

Good on you x To be honest, I have some really delicious meals to eat and usually forget that I'm trying to lsoe weight x

Ive been going to rosemary connelys and ww since the age of 12 and i didnt learn how to eat healthy but probably more to do with i just didnt want to. Nothing worse then being a child and being on a diet, although i do think the under 15s that SW is doing as i honestly believe SW isnt like a diet, its a change of eatting.

I look back at pics from when i was 12-16 and i use to think i was fat and boy oh boy would i have loved to be that size now. My i use to say my dieting caused me to sneak and binge eat because i felt deprived but i just had an addiction to food the wrong kinds of food. Silly of me really looking back at it, but we learn from our mistakes :)

This is the 3rd time i have tried sw!!! First time i lost around 2st, then couldn't afford to go anymore, said i would do it at home and that didn't work out!!! 2nd time i lasted 3 weeks!!! (no idea how much i lost) This time and the last time i will do it..i started 6th January this yr and still going strong!!! 3st 4lbs gone forever!! I have had bad days, bad weeks, and a few bad months!!! (lol) but i have stuck to it and i am so proud of myself for sticking to it for about 10 months, if someone told me this time last yr that i would lose over 3st i would have laughed in their face!!!
Having come this far and sticking to the plan i know that no matter how long it takes me i WILL do it this time, it's not a race, and if it takes me 2 more yrs to get to target then so be it, as long as it goes in the right direction i am happy!!! I have gone from a size 22-24 to a size 14-16 in 10 months, and sometimes because i haven't lost a great deal of weight since june, i forget that i have done so much already!

You are never a failure if you don't give up, so even if you have a bad week etc DON'T GIVE UP, that way you haven't failed! ;) xxx

When I was younger I never had a problem with my weight. That came when I got married and had kids, got an office job sitting on my bum all day. Some would say it was contentment. The only other diet I ever did was WW. I stuck to it really well I went every week stayed to meetings and lost 2 1/2 stones, didnt get to target as mam became ill so spent my time nursing her - so it was just so easy to grab whatever I could, when I could, pasties, chips, sausage rolls, kebabs, you get the gist. So the weight slowly crept back on and more besides. Mam passed away and when I got my head back into gear I re joined WW - to no avail. My head and heart wasnt in it.

I now could not be without slimming world, its not a diet, its a healthy eating plan and a way of life for me now. Its the longest I've stuck at a plan and not got bored.

I wish I'd started it years before I did bc perhaps id have had a better understanding of nutrition and never reached the weight I did.

But retrospect is all good and well but there's nothing I can do now I'm just pleased I've found it now! Xx

I've always been big (as far as i can remember) never really wanted to lose weight in the past, i was unhappy with myself but didn't have the confidence to do anything about it.. in 2003 i lost about 3 stone (a guess) and that was using a atkins style meal plan, but when i stopped it all came back on plus more and i didn't have the motivation to try something else. in nov 2010 i saw a pic of me that knocked me sick and i swore i would start to lose weight, but typically i said in the new year. and i did stat jan 2011.. i know it is only 2 months, but i would have been 2 month ahead of what i am now.

it's easy to look back and say 'if only' the hard part of doing any healthy eating plan is starting, some people need the time to get mentally ready, but it's amazing when they do and succeed :D

Yes I wished I'd done this after my first child.....

I wish I'd been taught and shown about healthy eating as I grew up and that it was important to be healthy and make the best of yourself. Unfortunately this didn't happen and some of the damage I did to my body is un-doable. Hopefully though I have found SW in enough time to make a difference to my health and at least overall I look better with my clothes on :rolleyes:
Even though my kids eat lots of 'crap' I'd like to think they are now set a good example and have an awareness of whats good for you etc

I wish when I first joined 5 years ago I wish i had stayed with it. Instead I have rejoined about 3 times since. I am determined to stay at it now. I think of slimming world as a way of life now and I never have thought of it like that before. So hopefully I am on track to my weight loss goal.

Sometimes I do because I've spent so many years being 'the fat one' and hating it. In saying that, I'd tried dieting by lowering calorie intake (which obv works) but never stuck to it as my mind wasn't in the right place. Tbh I think that I found SW at the right time for me, I reckon if I'd found it earlier my head probably wouldn't have allowed me to follow it the way I have done since March.
Everything happens for a reason and all that (I think I've just made myself vomit in my mouth by being sooo cheesy)

I wish I'd discovered it 2 years ago or even before.

I always wish my mother had discovered it actually...I have always known that I wasn't really fed healthily as a child... my mother was to be perfectly blunt, lazy in the kitchen and her idea of a healthy meal was chips and some boxed processed crap that could be thrown in the oven and just heated up. She genuinely seems to think that making food this way is "cooking" when actually it's just heating things up. Even without all the snacks and treats I was eating i reckon I would still have been overweight just by eating what mum made me.

The irony is she won't eat any of that stuff herself and sticks to sandwiches and salads/porridge. So I just wish I'd had some way of learning how to eat healthily earlier. I made a damn good attempt at it when I was 17 losing a stone but in hindsight I can see that I was going astray quite a lot through ignorance and SW could have stopped that.

The one thing I have learned mainly from this forum is that now I have found SW and am on plan to stick to it like glue! A recurring theme on this site is people who've joined SW multiple times and post that they wish they'd stayed on it.... I always find that a real motivating factor to stay on plan so to those people thankyou for posting your experiences x

Back