Do you trust the points wheel?

At the moment if I don't know the points I'm using my wheel.

I know that in the pocket guide it says white bread is 3pp, I used my wheel out of curiosity on my bread and it came out as firmly in the 2pp not even borderline 3pp. So I'm wondering if everything else I've used it on is correct or not.

I was looking at the generic bread. So my cheapy asda bread is only 2pp? I doubled the amount to see if it came out as 5pp like it sometimes does but still firmly in the '4'. 2pp less over all! Yay!

I shall be using my wheel for everything from now on :)

There are a few discrepancies between items, always best to work out yourself I say x

Carley1985 said:
At the moment if I don't know the points I'm using my wheel.

I know that in the pocket guide it says white bread is 3pp, I used my wheel out of curiosity on my bread and it came out as firmly in the 2pp not even borderline 3pp. So I'm wondering if everything else I've used it on is correct or not.

Hey my leader said the pocket guide takes in a few of the most popular brands and then gives an average points this happened with beans book said 10 pp and wheel said 8... She advised to follow the wheel. The calculator is a great investment too xx

I down loaded the iPhone app this week, you can work out propoints on it really easily, not sure if they have an app for other phones?

yep the nv will always be more accurate than the generic values in the purple book :) The generic stuff is good for bakery items and such that don't have any labels, otherwise go with the gen on the packet! A ww calculator is definitely a worthy investment - i used the wheel once and it gave me a headache!

And you can double check your daily allowance on the calculator if you miss a week as well :)

I think it's the worst design of this whole change. They really need to fix that! I use an online calculator. Have a home screen app set up to it. Very handy.

I think it's the worst design of this whole change. They really need to fix that! I use an online calculator. Have a home screen app set up to it. Very handy.

well if you get the calculator its pretty simple... its very like the old discover calculator, put the nv in et voila

its not as simple to cross reference 4 values... that's why they have the wheel thing.

In the old system all they accounted for was cals and SF so it made a paper version very simple to facilitate, whereas 4 factors aren't the same.

I do agree that the wheel is pretty dumb..

Aw yea the wheel is a disaster. I think It give me a headache too lol... I don't even know where it is anymore. I would be lost without the calculator, it even keeps track of ur points allowance :) x

My wheel doesnt really work anymore - it got wet in the kitchen when i was cooking and now if doesnt move it sticks haha

so ive invested in the calculator and def worth it - ive been checking everything - like having a toy!!

I am going to get the calculator but I'm using the wheel for now, it's not so bad when you get the hang of it. I've found lots of things that are different so I use it for EVERYTHING now, even WW pre-pointed stuff, for example, 1 wrap is 3pp points but 2 is 5pp, yay! :)

Lol Carly yea I love it when that happens :) I works the other way too tho :( like 1 slice bread is 3pp but 2 is 7pp

well if you get the calculator its pretty simple... its very like the old discover calculator, put the nv in et voila

its not as simple to cross reference 4 values... that's why they have the wheel thing.

In the old system all they accounted for was cals and SF so it made a paper version very simple to facilitate, whereas 4 factors aren't the same.

I do agree that the wheel is pretty dumb..

I still think, even with the varying factors, they could have made a better design. I think it was intentional to make people buy the calculators, to be frank.

Back