Does anybody else's teeth feel loose and hurt? :(

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by poppygreendog, 6 October 2011 Social URL.

1. poppygreendog

poppygreendog Silver Member

Morning everyone - 3rd 100% SS day for me coming up in a row, woo hoo lol. Trouble is when ketosis is kicking in I find that not only does my breath smell awful and tastes awful but my teeth become loose and are quite painful at times (obviously not all of them but...).

Does anyone else have this problem or can you recommend anything, I though about perhaps buying a calcium supplement, my CDC says she's never heard of this before so any feedback would be gratefully received.

Thanks everyone - have a nice day. PGD x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spangles

spangles Bouncy Castle

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st12.5lb(35.74%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    the general toothachy-ness i get when i'm run down, so that would fit. but the loose thing is a worry. can you pop to see your dentist for some reassurance?

4. mama22

mama22 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(31.5%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    Never had it but I would get a mouth wash that will strengthen your gums the dentist recommend one (cordisal? ) after dental surgery
    X

5. poppygreendog

poppygreendog Silver Member

Thanks Spangles/mamma - think I'll book a trip to the dentist and buy some corsidal. - PGD x

6. lauren-1986

lauren-1986 Feeling Motivated

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I was going to suggest Corsodyl.. Its rank, but it works - used it after I had my wisdom teeth out!

Also, the dentist will be able to take a look at your toothy pegs and see whats going on. I think in general your mouth does start to feel weird as you miss the sensation of chewing something. Sometimes your teeth go a bit furry, but brushing regularly helps that

7. mybodyisacage

mybodyisacage Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13.5lb(19.89%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I definitely have tooth pain but I just assumed it was something else going on... They dont feel loose but the hurt like hell! :(

8. choufleur

choufleur Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(11.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Corsodyl does work but it definitely is rank!! Leaves a horrid taste in your mouth and I could do with using mine really but I just can't face the prospect on top of the awful ketosis taste!

9. MrsFatBum

MrsFatBum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    pgd i feel like that!!! but since i started having the bars its not been too bad. i think its just coz ur not chewing or using ur teeth for anything really... i think it just makes ur gums a lil bit soft and ur teeth feel lose... i find that my teeth r a lot more sensitive now too.

im surprised that ur cdc said she's not heard of this happening coz its happened to a lot of people i know who did other vlcds too. x

i split my bars and have a little piece throughout the day... and it has sort of helped me.

10. Nette

Nette Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan SS+
    PGD I had this when I was completely SS'ing! I've got a crown at the front and I was convinced it was going to fall out! I was scared to shut my mouth completely when I slept cos my teeth just felt so weird. It's got better tho, but I'm not sure if I'm still in ketosis now. I'm sure it'll get better x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.