Down to a size 14!!

Jayellekay

this time - the last time
Sorry - just had to share!

I went shopping at lunch - to try and keep me motivated. I saw a gorgeous dress, that would be great for Christmas. It's the style of dress that'll shrink with me quite well too. So I tried it on - and a size 10 fitted! :)
So I bought it! :) Now I'm not a size 10 by any stretch of the imagination, and if I didn't plan on losing any more weight I would have probably bought a 12. Woo hoo! If I can lose at least half a stone before the end of the month I'll have a great Christmas party/Christmas day/New Years (I'm spending all these events with different people) dress.

Then I found a much more fitted black dress - gorgeous. I tried on the 14 and I could wear that out! Yay! I must firmly be a size 14 now! So happy! The 12 zipped up, but wasn't very flattering yet - still a way to go. So I found some confidence from somewhere - and I bought it..........in a size 8! So that's my goal dress! I'd love to wear it to dinner the night before I get married. (hopefully I'll fit in it before then - I'm aiming for Easter)
I then found some lovely black platform, snakeskin shoes in the sale.
Then to top it all off - went to the till, and remembered I had vouchers! (I got the vouchers back in March 2007 as a leaving present at an old job, and I've been saving them to spend 'when I'm thin'!)

What a great day! :)

Well done chick you must be so chuffed with yourself.

I can not wait until I can buy 'normal' size clothes. I would live to be a 10 but I have a big frame :(

thats fantastic! am soo pleased for u...am glad u posted cos size 14 is my next size down and sat here watching my boyz eat choclate roses and thinking to myself "one wont hurt"....craving gone thanx to u...xxx

awesome. noting like a shopping buzz - unless it's a shopping buzz made more sparkly by how fabulous and slim you're becoming! Good on you, girlchick!

BIGMAMA said:
thats fantastic! am soo pleased for u...am glad u posted cos size 14 is my next size down and sat here watching my boyz eat choclate roses and thinking to myself "one wont hurt"....craving gone thanx to u...xxx
Glad to have helped!

spangles said:
awesome. noting like a shopping buzz - unless it's a shopping buzz made more sparkly by how fabulous and slim you're becoming! Good on you, girlchick!
Thanks! Feeling great today! Official WI tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

Well done! I think we started cd at same time and I'm
A 14 too now! I had to get my vacuum bag of smaller jeans from the attic! Haven't seen day light before I started having children 8 years ago! I'm delighted!! How you planning to keep it up over party season???

fairy-mary said:
Well done! I think we started cd at same time and I'm
A 14 too now! I had to get my vacuum bag of smaller jeans from the attic! Haven't seen day light before I started having children 8 years ago! I'm delighted!! How you planning to keep it up over party season???

Congratulations on your losses!

I'm doing SS for another 3weeks up until 1st December. Then I'm doing no carbs, but alcohol, through December. And I'm kind of doing 2proper days off on 25th/26th. I've thought about it, and I need December off! I started SS on 6th January and I deserve this little treat! I'll also be going heavy in the gym 5 or 6 days a week to balance it out a little.
Hoping I'll get through without gaining more than half a stone. I'll continue to weigh everyday to monitor how its going, in case I need to pull back a bit.
What's your plan?

i need pictures please. lovely dresses need some pictures :)

gorgeous - i love the first one especially.

spangles said:
gorgeous - i love the first one especially.

Thanks!

It's nice and sparkley! Now I just need to find some nice gold costume jewellery on ebay! :)

The black one is beautifully fitted. Definitely more about the cut - looks a bit bland. But I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

:)

saw that first one on the DP newsletter thingy today and loved it!!! couldn't buy it as no occasions coming up where I'm sure what size I'll be but I'm so glad you got it, makes me happy that someone will be wearing it well !!! ;)

Wow you should be sooooooooo proud if yourself nothing like a shopping spree to make u see how well you have done I'm so pleased for you. Don't apologise for sharing this it has made my day and cheered me right up into keeping going x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

barbara-ann said:
saw that first one on the DP newsletter thingy today and loved it!!! couldn't buy it as no occasions coming up where I'm sure what size I'll be but I'm so glad you got it, makes me happy that someone will be wearing it well !!! ;)

It's a very adaptable dress. (I think) Im a 14, but I looked nice in 14 and 12, and the 10 looked ok too. So if you do find an excuse to wear it - sizes shouldn't hold you back! :)

Rolly82 said:
Wow you should be sooooooooo proud if yourself nothing like a shopping spree to make u see how well you have done I'm so pleased for you. Don't apologise for sharing this it has made my day and cheered me right up into keeping going x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks. I'm far too excited!

Loving dress no 2! Very figure hugging and will show off all your hard work!
Well done

***Shopping update ***

Went to my FAVOURITE shop today. Tried on a load of things - and they all fit in a size 14!!!! Woo hoo!!!! My size is official! It wasn't a 'lucky' big item! :)

So to celebrate - I went a little mad, and bought three of the dresses I liked....but in a size 10!! Eek! (Joy size 10 is the same measurements as the Dorothy Perkins size 8 I bought).
When I'm on a computer tomorrow - I'll post some more links!

I now have to place all my focus on Christmas - anything to distract me from more fantasy future me clothes shopping! :)

Keighleyjo2010 said:
Well done chick, keep at it.

Thanks very much!

***Shopping update ***

Went to my FAVOURITE shop today. Tried on a load of things - and they all fit in a size 14!!!! Woo hoo!!!! My size is official! It wasn't a 'lucky' big item! :)

So to celebrate - I went a little mad, and bought three of the dresses I liked....but in a size 10!! Eek! (Joy size 10 is the same measurements as the Dorothy Perkins size 8 I bought).
When I'm on a computer tomorrow - I'll post some more links!

I now have to place all my focus on Christmas - anything to distract me from more fantasy future me clothes shopping! :)

Here you go:
JOY - Louche Karla Waterfall Dress

JOY - Louche Jewel Scattered Spot Dress

and a black one that isn't on the website. Its plain black, but kind of this style:
JOY - Louche Rhona Spot Dress
but much shorter sleeves.

I think I'm a little out of control :)

Back