Dress for wedding in September...Hubby Best man?

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
Its my DH's best mates wedding on 19th September and he is best man and my DD is bridesmaid....this is one of the reasons why i decided to lose weight...

So, it seems to be quite a fancy occassion, and i've deliberately left the dress shopping becuase i'm losing weight so fast, but dont know what to do...

Went into Karen Millen today (cos i can! :D) and saw this dress....umm'ed and arrrh'ed about it, and grabbed the 12 and tried it on....it fit ok, but i would get away with wearing it to a wedding tomorrow....but not in 7 weeks time when i will have lost even more weight by then....

KAREN MILLEN Red Satin Stretch Dress Size 12 BNWT on eBay (end time 21-Aug-09 20:29:56 BST)
So, my dilema is that its in the sale! £180 down to £47.50 so its not going to be there in 6 weeks time at a guess so....do i buy it in a 12 and get it taken in, buy it in a 10 and hope for the best, or stick with the original plan and leave it until nearer the wedding so i dont have to worry about it?

I'm not the biggest fan of the sleeves as they puff out a bit.....but i am so shocked that i managed to fit into a 12 in Karen Millen that i now cant stop thinking about it! (I actually cried in the shop when it fit as everyone had told me that Karen Millen was one of those shops you had to buy a size bigger and i didnt have to!)

Sorry its a long post, but i'm so confused!

Do you think that you would be a size 10 by then? How much weight does it take for you to drop a dress size? x x

I love the cut of the dress. Did you try the 10 to see how many inches you would have to lose by then??? That way, it would have given you a better guess as to whether or not that would be the right size to buy.

Hey hon!!!
Awwwwwwww Im so pleased for you its the most amazing feeling when you put something on and it fits and you feel fab especially when its in Karen Millen........ Well done hon soooo exciting.
I did the same I went into Karen millen and tried on a dress and could not believe it fitted stood there looking at myself for so long its mad!!
I would say go for the 10 as its still 7 weeks away and you are doing so fantastically well I am sure it will fit you.. if the 12 fits you now. .
If its no good you can always sell it on ebay and buy something else.
Well done hon that really is fantastic!!! You should be so proud of yourself you are going to look wonderful at the wedding and you will be so confident and the fact that your DH is bestman and DD is bridesmaid you will be very much part of the big day and look stunning!!!
Keep smiling hon you really have so much to smile about.
xxxxx

If you feel that that is 'the' dress, then get it in a 10. You are dropping a size every 1 stone 1lb, so I think that you should get into a 10 by then. If it doesn't fit then just get another dress and you could always sell the karen millen dress for more than you paid for and make a tidy profit! x x

You are going to look fantastic. I would say you have a very good chance of being in the 10 by then!

That dress is gorgeous! I'd definitely go for the size 10. In 7 weeks you should slide into it easily. Don't forget to post some pics of you wearing it.

think we're going back today and i'm going to try on the size 10 and see how much i will need to lose to get into it..
think the 12 is just going to be too big in 7 weeks....
Still in shock that my waist looked soooo tiny and the rest of me looked good too!
I'll try not to cry today.....unless i fit in the 10 that is and i will be blubbing like a baby! lol
xxx
xx

Back