Dresses ............

flirty40greeneyes

Busy busy busy!!
I'm already looking at a dress for me and dresses for my bridesmaids .... only 23 months and 2weeks to go!!! Because it is 2nd time round I'm looking at a 2 tone dress - white with lilac/mauve and the bridesmaids being in lilac/mauve, plus waistcoats for groom/bestman etc in lilac/mauve.

My question is - has anyone bought from sites in america and china/hong kong where they do cheaper copies of dresses??? and if so what were the dresses like??

Also does it work out more expensive or cheaper if I was to have all my dresses made up by a seemstress??? - presumimg I could find one!!

Hiya, i personally havent bought anything from abroad but i know a few people who have purchased their dresses from the china places via ebay and a lot of people via netbride

debenhams do some fab wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses,i got mine from there,but mine was from party clothing bit,it was 3rd time for me and got a loved wine red long dress....and they reasonably priced too

My sister chose her wedding dress here, tried it on in the shop then ordered it from the States for under half the price - and that included delivery!

She had the name of the designer and name of the style, and just did an internet search based on that. She also tried searching first to find what dresses were available in the USA, then found stockists here that she could go to and try them on.

I know the company she ordered from were very pedantic about checking her measurements to make sure they sent her the correct size, rather than just doing a UK to USA conversion.

She booked a 'whirlwind wedding' so had less than three months, and was rather stressy about it arriving in time, but it was here with enough time to spare for alterations if needed.

Hope that helps.

I ordered a ball gown from one of the designers off ebay and my advice to you would be to give them your measurments. I went for a size 12 and there is no way I can get in it - my sister who is a size 10 can get in or my mum who is ab 8/10. However my skinny size 8 flat mate can!! It is a bit roomy round her chest but perfect eveywhere else.

Other than that the dress is lovely and jut what I ordered no complaints what so ever! :)

N xx

I would second the ordering a dress sized by your measurements rather than what size you are.. Mind you - the same applies to dresses in bridal shops, my dress had size 14 in the label - I had to slim down to a size 10 to be able to get it to fit!!!!

Some of the confetti girls have ordered the dresses from china with really good results, they've been really pleased with them! The dresses are fab - just try the type of dress on in a bridal shop to make sure the dress suits you etc, the sort of dresses I originally wanted to get looked dreadful, it's almost a case of your dress chooses you rather than the other way round!!! Also, watch out for import tax and find out how much it will be before you order! :)

Good luck!!

x

A friend is getting married in August had her dress made by someone on ebay in China - sent her measurements as requested and the dress is just stunning.

ooh your dress and dresses sound very pretty I love mauve! Hope you find some dress sites, I know ebay is good here in the states and davids bridal has some cheaper dresses. Here's hoping you find exactly what your looking for.

This might come a bit late but just to let you know I bought my bridesmaid dresses from Wedding Dresses, Prom Dresses, Wedding Accessories at BestBridalPrices.com in the states. The dresses cost about £75 each to ship but they are about a 1/3 of the cost as going to a normal store. They have all the usual designers that they have here but MUCH cheaper. This site is an actual authorised retailer for the designers so they are legit. I went with Mori Lee dresses in grape.

I also bought my dress from a Canadian store and got it for half price. It was a Maggie Sotterro.

Hope this helps.

oooooh, i deffinately want a maggie sottero dress :) Can i have the website that you purchased it from in canada so that i can order it from there when i have made up my mind:)

Back