dried instant noodles??

tjamyo

Hi am addicted to instant noodles does anyone know the sins for asda smartprice or tesco value varieties?? thanks xx

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Asda Smartprice, Chicken Instant Noodles, made up as directed, dried 100g cooked[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
2½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 6½ Syns
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns
[/FONT]

please note hun thats not per pack cooked thats only 100g cooked
[/FONT]​

oops just had a whole packet!

Isn't all dried pasta and noodles free? I thought it was. Maybe it's the sachet of flavour thats synned? In which case you could use an oxo cube!

Batchelors low fat super noodles varieties are all syn free - come in sweet chilli, chicken and herb and chilli chicken varieties.

The reason the regular instant noodles are synned is because they are deep fried before forming and cooling, this is why they cook so quick. If you compare the texture to fat free supernoodles you will find the fat free variety are very gloopy and gelatonous where as the regular ones are drier and not sticky at all. I never used to like th fat free ones but they do grow on you. I tend to eat the chicken and herb but add a little chicken bovril as the flavour sachet you get isn't great.

The reason the regular instant noodles are synned is because they are deep fried before forming and cooling, this is why they cook so quick. If you compare the texture to fat free supernoodles you will find the fat free variety are very gloopy and gelatonous where as the regular ones are drier and not sticky at all. I never used to like th fat free ones but they do grow on you. I tend to eat the chicken and herb but add a little chicken bovril as the flavour sachet you get isn't great.

Is this deffo the case?

I was told this a long time ago and when I re-joined recently I was advised that the syns are in the sachet and not in the noodle. I mentioned that I thought the noodle 'cake' was cooked in oil and told no its the sachets. Ie you can buy the cheaper noodles like the koka ones and just not use the sachet, add bovril/oxo etc????

Is this deffo the case?

I was told this a long time ago and when I re-joined recently I was advised that the syns are in the sachet and not in the noodle. I mentioned that I thought the noodle 'cake' was cooked in oil and told no its the sachets. Ie you can buy the cheaper noodles like the koka ones and just not use the sachet, add bovril/oxo etc????

That is correct but the original poster used the sachet

Ok, like the oxo idea, will definately be getting the low fat batchelors ones tho. Have traded my noodle fix for boiled egg noodles with soy sauce, quick to make and very filling!

those japanese rice noodles are also really good made with a little chicken stock and boiling water from the kettle :)

Please can i just double check that a packet of ready to cook noodles, for example supernoodles or tesco's value are free if i dont use the 'powder' sachet? I have been doing this, and getting good losses but i'd rather follow SW the correct way!
Thankyou :)
xxxx

Please can i just double check that a packet of ready to cook noodles, for example supernoodles or tesco's value are free if i dont use the 'powder' sachet? I have been doing this, and getting good losses but i'd rather follow SW the correct way!
Thankyou :)
xxxx

Yeah it's the sachet that holds the syns

Back