Evenings!

nibbs

Hiyaa

Been at it just under a week now, surprised how easy I'm finding it to stick to..just the evenings I struggle as that's when I seem to get cravings! Is it bad to save all my snacking points for the evening or is this too much like a binge? Does anyone have any tips for curbing evening snacking?!
Thanks x

Hey Nibbs,
I've done WW on and off for yonks now and I've found that as long as you stick to your points you will lose, whenever you eat, whatever you eat. I guess that stuffing yourself before bed may not be overly good for sleep (or the next morning weigh-in :) ) and eating empty snacks rather than filling healthy foods will mean you may feel quite hungry rather than satisfied, but I honestly think that WW needs to fit in with you and if you like to snack in the evening and you have the points, then go for it! Personally I love snacks especially crisps and cereal but I have MASSIVE dinners (tons of veg) and because I have filling meals that are low in points I can afford the odd packet of crisps. Also as I've had a big filling dinner I don't need as many snacks, just something I fancy.

When's your weigh-in? Mine's on Wed where I'll see how my second week had gone!

Could you count certain snacks into the evening? Count them at the beginning of the day then work the rest of your meals around them?

I've found that when I need to stop (run out of points) that brushing my teeth really helps. I don't want to have to brush them again and it really does stop me snacking.

As for having a binge I do do this too, I like to feel full up and satisfied before I stop eating my tea. I know that lots of the current literature tells you to stop when you are satisfied but not full to bursting, but I've never been able to read those signals very well. This is why I love the old WW system, if I stick to my points I can eat what I like, simples. It's only my view though, others may feel differently, but it works for me!

I'm trying to keep my meals bigger and healthier, and the meals themselves I find that I am making improvements, more veg, balanced etc etc, compared to the typical 'student' food I was eating before. During the day I don't feel as if I want or need to snack at all, just after my evening meal the cravings start! I always have enough points, just doesn't seem the healthiest way! I snack a lot on cereal bars and grapes, so could be worse I guess! Also I like the 'ski' yoghurt mousses, they're lovely!
My first WI is tomorrow morning! I've really stuck to it and tried hard so I hope I see the results tomorrow! How have you found it so far?
N x

Also the brushing teeth tip is a great idea, thanks! X

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow x

I'm finding it okay so far, I get my hubby to check my tracker each evening (kind of makes me behave and stick to points and I have been known not to count up the points correctly :) ). Last week (my first week) was good, with days under points and spare for any treats I fancied. This week I have used every point, every day but not gone over, so that's good going as far as I'm concerned! Feeling positive so far though!

How are you finding it? Have you ever done WW before?

Hi. my cravings start after my evening meal too so ive started buying curley wurleys and putting them in the freezer! I get my choc fix but dont have anything else after it cos I have jaw ache, its win win for me cos I am a realy bad night time binge eater.x

Ooh that's a good idea! What points are curly wurlys? Haven't had one in ages! X

One 28g bar is 2.5 points x

Ooh that's not tht bad! X

Oh yay that's not too bad! X

Back