Exercise question

faye cheshire

Silver Member
Just wondering how much exercise everyone does. Also what you enjoy and what you think works.
I am not very motivated towards exercise at the mo.

I don't really enjoy exercise that's forced. However, saying that I'm currently working my way through the C25K programme (finished week 1, starting week 2 tonight) and...it's ok. I don't look forward to it and when I'm doing it most of my time is spent trying to think of an excuse to stop early but I do feel good once I've finished it. I'm trying to make it a habit to do it 3 times a week but we'll see how it goes.

I've got some exercise DVDs that I do every now and again too, though most of the time I just can't be bothered with it.

However, natural exercise also has the same effect on me. I feel good once it's done but as it wasn't forced I didn't mind doing it. This includes things like cleaning the house - I always work up a bit of a sweat with the vacuum cleaner, especially lugging it up and down the stairs. Cleaning the bathroom too, we have a tall shower cubicle and cleaning that involves stretching and bending a lot as well as scrubbing so it's exercise but I don't really notice it. Washing the car is another good one, especially cleaning the stupid wheels - that gets my thigh muscles working with all the squatting!

I've got a set of hand weights that I use sometimes. One of the DVDs I have has a 20 minute section on weights so I've taken the bits I don't mind doing from that and shortened it to a 10-15 minute session (I don't like push-ups or tricep dips so leave them out). If I feel like I haven't exercised much I'll just grab the weights and do 15 minutes of that.

The good thing with SW is that to get the bronze body magic award you only have to do short amounts of exercise 3 times a week (I think it's 10 or 15 minutes a time) and they really don't care what it is, as long as it gets your heart rate up (at least that's what my consultant told me) so if you want to get motivated just start small and gradually build it up.

I don't really enjoy exercise that's forced. However, saying that I'm currently working my way through the C25K programme (finished week 1, starting week 2 tonight) and...it's ok. I don't look forward to it and when I'm doing it most of my time is spent trying to think of an excuse to stop early but I do feel good once I've finished it. I'm trying to make it a habit to do it 3 times a week but we'll see how it goes.

I've got some exercise DVDs that I do every now and again too, though most of the time I just can't be bothered with it.

However, natural exercise also has the same effect on me. I feel good once it's done but as it wasn't forced I didn't mind doing it. This includes things like cleaning the house - I always work up a bit of a sweat with the vacuum cleaner, especially lugging it up and down the stairs. Cleaning the bathroom too, we have a tall shower cubicle and cleaning that involves stretching and bending a lot as well as scrubbing so it's exercise but I don't really notice it. Washing the car is another good one, especially cleaning the stupid wheels - that gets my thigh muscles working with all the squatting!

I've got a set of hand weights that I use sometimes. One of the DVDs I have has a 20 minute section on weights so I've taken the bits I don't mind doing from that and shortened it to a 10-15 minute session (I don't like push-ups or tricep dips so leave them out). If I feel like I haven't exercised much I'll just grab the weights and do 15 minutes of that.

The good thing with SW is that to get the bronze body magic award you only have to do short amounts of exercise 3 times a week (I think it's 10 or 15 minutes a time) and they really don't care what it is, as long as it gets your heart rate up (at least that's what my consultant told me) so if you want to get motivated just start small and gradually build it up.

Hi. It is a shame. May be u need an exercise partner or a class where other ppl would motivate you. I agree that housework etc is good
Are you a member of a gym ...they offer lots of classes. Not all doing strenuous exercise. I think variation stops you getting bored.

Listen to me whose done nothing yet due to having a virus. I think once I get back into it I will be fine....it s just getting there!!!!

Hi. It is a shame. May be u need an exercise partner or a class where other ppl would motivate you. I agree that housework etc is good
Are you a member of a gym ...they offer lots of classes. Not all doing strenuous exercise. I think variation stops you getting bored.

Listen to me whose done nothing yet due to having a virus. I think once I get back into it I will be fine....it s just getting there!!!!

Unfortunately I have anxiety issues so I don't think an exercise partner or going to classes would really work for me. I don't even like my husband seeing me do my exercise DVDs haha! I'm not a member of a gym as I've joined gyms before, gone for a couple of weeks and then just paid for the privilege of a membership card for the other 10 months! I've got a treadmill and exercise bike at home, along with weights so I don't think joining a gym will change a lot for me.

Still, when it comes to exercise, it's everyone's personal preference. Some people love gyms, some love running, some love strength exercise. It's just about finding what's right for you. For me, that's hiding in my house and letting as few people see me doing it as possible :D

Unfortunately I have anxiety issues so I don't think an exercise partner or going to classes would really work for me. I don't even like my husband seeing me do my exercise DVDs haha! I'm not a member of a gym as I've joined gyms before, gone for a couple of weeks and then just paid for the privilege of a membership card for the other 10 months! I've got a treadmill and exercise bike at home, along with weights so I don't think joining a gym will change a lot for me.

Still, when it comes to exercise, it's everyone's personal preference. Some people love gyms, some love running, some love strength exercise. It's just about finding what's right for you. For me, that's hiding in my house and letting as few people see me doing it as possible :D
I like exercising at home. It is good you

I like exercising at home. It is good you
Sorry pressed wrong thing. It is good you have got a routine that suits you
I try to mix it up a bit but have defo got out of gym habit at the moment am going back to body tone on Monday. Do you have a wii. I like the hoola hooping step and snowballing. They do exercises too

My litle dog is like an exercise machine. She is ten but very fit and a 5 mile walk is the norm for her. Weather oermitting we are gooing to get out with her today
My inspiratiob is to be healthier and to buy something vecause i look GOOD in it not just ok Faye x

Back