Extra Easy: Alpen light lemon drizzle bars healthy extra or syn?

Zebs07

Dance the positive spin..
Hi there

I've started SW online today and trying to get my head round how to do it. My question is on the healthy extras tab, it comes up Alpen Light cereal bar x1 and x2??? Confused!!!

My main query was initially do the light lemon drizzle with yogurt bars count as generic light cereal bars (I also have loght summer fruits ones I think somewhere in the depths of my cupboard) - or is it referring to a plainer type of light cereal bar? However I am now additionally confused as to the x1 and x2.

I like the bars and will happily eat them as HEX but not sure i like them enough to regularly use as syns!

Also - while im here - if you say use only half of ur skimmed milk allowance, can u substitute with another half of something else under (a) choices....

Just worried that I won't do it right!!! I'm suffering from the surely I can't eat all this (especially pasta and potatoes) and actually lose weight syndrome... Lol

Thanks for reading (and replying)...

All the alpen light bars are a HEX. You can have either one or two as a HEX. I always have both (usually a cherry bakewell and a choc n fudge!).
And yes, you can split your HEA.

Oh brilliant. Thanks so much for ur quick reply...

And seeing as u were so helpful, can I ask another. Oats so Simple original sachets - wud they count as porridge oats plain (allows 35g but sachets only 28g so assuming that bit is ok lol)... Sorry I realise that is a bit of a doh question but I just wanted to make sure? So nervous of messing up :-/

And seeing as u were so helpful, can I ask another. Oats so Simple original sachets - wud they count as porridge oats plain (allows 35g but sachets only 28g so assuming that bit is ok lol)... Sorry I realise that is a bit of a doh question but I just wanted to make sure? So nervous of messing up :-/

These are no longer a hex b choice unfortunately :(
Xxx

They have changed the ingredients of oat so simple sachets, filling them with quite a bit of sugar and other bits! Their fibre content has gone down which means they are no longer a healthy B choice. You can use any other porridge oats, I buy the big box of Quaker oats and portion it into 35g bags. Hope this helps x

The ingredients have not changed, its still 100% oats - the original HEb was a 27g sachet of plain oatso simple plus a ryvita or scan bran. There is not enough fibre in 27g oasts so you needed to ryvita/scan bran to boost it to the right level. Most people didn't bother and so they were taken off the list at the new year. You can however just open a second sachet and measure out a bit more to make it up to the required 35g. Its cheaper just to buy a big bag though :)

Thanks for advice re oats so simple folks. I guess 27g is better than no fibre so I may just use up what ive got rather than have none. And buy a big bag next time :)

Re added sugar etc, the ingredients list don't list any (I just use the original not flavoured) so that should be ok. At least it seems it's not been removed from list cos it's bad but cos its not good enough... I can live with that. Hmm [ponders] seeing as I'm allowed 2 alpen light bars as hexb, maybe I cud add one of them in occasionally. Shall wait for the moment on that one tho cos being a newbie I don't want to sabotage things - especially this early on...

Vx

You could always just bung in 35g of ordinary plain porridge oats in the microwave with water or milk from allowance, and cook for 3 mins. Job done and you have more :)

lol that's what I do just measure out "normal porridge oats" and microwave - I do mine with water and then add bit milk at end to cool it down and often grate an apple into it for my super free x

Back