Extra Easy - Parmesan Cheese

Dawney

Hi

Is it ok on Extra Easy to have dried parmesan cheese as a HEXA choice and if so how much.

many thanks

Does that apply to fresh and dried

thank you

thanks Harrysmom

I would of thought it would be the fresh stuff, as it is part of your daily calcium intake. I wouldn't of thought the dried stuff gives you the full calcium benefits, but I may be wrong.

I don't think there is much difference, nutritionally. The parmesan in little tubs looks dried, but I am not sure that it is - just finely grated.

Personally I can't stand the stuff in those little tubs. I get a big piece from Aldi (very good quality and a good price) and grate it as I need it. A piece keeps for ages in the fridge and it tastes SO much better.

Depends what you mean by tubs, you can buy freshly grated parmesan in tubs in the fridge sections at supermarkets.

But there is also the dried stuff in a sprinkle container which is usually stocked on the dry shelves near the pasta. I wouldn't thought this is anywhere nutrionally close to fresh parmesan.

I agree though, you can't get better than block of parmesan which you grate yourself. It also goes a long way. I love it.

I would most definately say it's fresh cheese only. I bet there's all sorts of things added to this stuff to stop it from going off!

If you weigh an ounce of the dried cheese, would it have the same amount of cheese as an ounce of fresh cheese? If you get my thinking...
I may be way off here but I wouldn't have it.

Back