fashion expert thinks normal women are the abnormal ones!!

IrishMum

A little of everything!
You'd think he'd have had a bit more empathy towards overweight people seeing as he's struggled with his weight himself - he lost 92lbs.

I'm all for seeing "normal" women in magazines, these model-bodies are completely unattainable for us "normal" people. It's not right that they are what teenagers are looking to for inspiration.

Me too- I think that magazine has totally the right attitude, I wish more would follow their lead! I know not many would actually wear his (or any catwalk) fashions, even if they could afford it, but it'd be nice to see nice clothes on regular people! LOL!

the problem with high fashion is the trickle down effect, they design outlandish clothing which looks great on these models and then those designs are copied and they become high street trends.

As they are not designed for real women we end up having to wear trends that aren't flattering as its all thats out there in the "cool" shops or run the risk of looking frumpy and outdated in our old standby favorites.

It's really depressing the amount of clothes that everyone seems to be wearing that just don't suit real bodies.Case in point wet-look leggings and bubble dresses, if you have a bum or a bit of cellulite then they just aren't flattering.I think its a trick so we will have to keep buying more clothes!

Be like sleeping with a skeleton, I can't think of any guy I know who would want to go out with one of these women.

"we end up having to wear trends that aren't flattering as its all thats out there in the "cool" shops or run the risk of looking frumpy and outdated in our old standby favorites."

having to wear? I am a bit of a strange one but I wear any damned thing I want :) my fashion is what "pleases" me not what pleases some magazine :) hehe

I wear the brightest colors I can get my hands on year round. I follow no fashion rules save one. I look at it and either I like it or I don't :)

if anyone else don't like it. tough on them if they say something about it I growl at them :)

well any guys i have ever known have always said that skinny skinny models turn them off more than anything, they are soo thin, most have eating disorders (often made to have them), they have no breasts, no bum, no shape, they look like little girls not women. and this is what teenagers are aspiring to, i think its wrong very wrong, i certainly hope my daughter doesnt look to them for inspiration when she is older, it creates soo much insecurity, it just isnt needed.

I agree assj, I think they look horrible.

no man wants to see curves??? where did he get that idea?? Talking about generalising your own ideas and opinions

actually instinctively men look for ample breasts and wide hips. from a genetic point of view this configuration is ideal for child bearing. We are still animals after all and that instinct is still present even if just a little bit. Procreation is a very strong instinct even if we do not realize it.

this is why men tend to not like the "ultra twig" woman in catalogs. I know I sure am not impressed by them. But then again I am not a women and women are the target of that "image"

IT DOES mess with kids heads but I am not sure how to solve it except by education.

"we end up having to wear trends that aren't flattering as its all thats out there in the "cool" shops or run the risk of looking frumpy and outdated in our old standby favorites."

having to wear? I am a bit of a strange one but I wear any damned thing I want :) my fashion is what "pleases" me not what pleases some magazine :) hehe

I wear the brightest colors I can get my hands on year round. I follow no fashion rules save one. I look at it and either I like it or I don't :)

if anyone else don't like it. tough on them if they say something about it I growl at them :)

Go Nerys! :talk017:

Hey you want a REAL interesting mind bending picture for your head?

imagine this.

400 pound 6'3" man in a bright blue skirt and bright orange cowboy hat driving down the road in a little tiny 1974 orange Volkswagen THING with the top down no doors listening to Chinese music. (not chinese or oriental in any way and don't speak a word just love the music)

How's that for a mind warper :)

Were you having a bad day at the time Nerys? ;P

No it was a great day. nice warm spring day with the top down doors off just cruising around in my thing. A very good day indeed -)

I have tried to get away from black for the past couple yrs. I find however my cerise pink fleece that fits me again now (ok it's a tight squeeze but at least it zips up now;)) is drawing more attention than usual to me. In saying that I don't think it'd matter what colour I was in, people are gonna stare anyhow. Gets to me some days more than others.

Back