Fern Britton Bikini Pics Money well spent?

Floella

Banned
There are pics of Fern on the Daily Mail site today wearing the bikini that she promised herself she would wear with pride! They describe her as "trim and toned" :confused::confused:
It says she's lost 5 stones (which she probably has) but I cannot see that she looks any healthier or indeed happier since her gastric band op. I'm not alone either, judging by the comments on the site.

She looks permanently stressed out these days when ever you see her in magazines :(

Well personally I think she looks great for having lost 5 stones! :D Admittedly, those pics are pretty bad, the bikini doesn't do anything for her figure (she needs to be Gok'd lol!) and they seem a bit too light skintone, background etc.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I'm having my photo taken I have to make sure I'm 'carrying' myself properly as I hate to see all the bulgy bits! So, I tend to straighten my spine and stand as tall as possible (which at my height of 4ft 11 isn't very tall!) :D

We can see that Fern wasn't expecting some pap to follow her on her holiday and start snapping unguarded piccies of her on the beach, she's trying to relax (trying to deal with all the flack of the last 2 months I suppose!) and enjoy her time with her family and this pap was probably half a mile away with n enormous zoom lens! :eek::mad:

I really feel sorry for her and think she doesn't deserve all the aggravation she's had and I agree that her op was her business alone BUT I do think she should've stopped all the Ryvita adverts, maybe then people wouldn't have been so quick to damn her.

Sorry I've gone on a bit, but I'll finish with this, I still love seeing her on tv and I still think she's done fantastically well, everyone's weightloss journey is their own business isn't it?

:eek: Oh my! just viewed the pics but that's the paparrazi for you. I say well done on the 5 stone weight loss however she did it but I think a sexy one piece cozzy would have flattered her more especially at 51! I'm 43 with a load of weight still to lose and I've no intention of wearing a bikini when I'm at goal.

Can I just say I love Fern...I think she has been given a really bad time in the press and as someone who has always had a weight problem I can fully understand most of her actions and have a lot of time for her+she managed to find a hot bloke to marry her!Well I think he is lovely..Yes OK they are not great pics,but I wore a bikini in public for first time at weekend and I'm glad noone took a pic....Krazykaz I didn't think I would at goal,but I tell you It is truely surprising what one does when you near goal!!!

I think we would all perhaps wear things we never thought we would when we get to goal. I will never have a 'perfect' body and luckily my weight loss isn't public interest so there will be no pap-pics to worry about

Well personally I think she looks great for having lost 5 stones! :D Admittedly, those pics are pretty bad, the bikini doesn't do anything for her figure (she needs to be Gok'd lol!) and they seem a bit too light skintone, background etc.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I'm having my photo taken I have to make sure I'm 'carrying' myself properly as I hate to see all the bulgy bits! So, I tend to straighten my spine and stand as tall as possible (which at my height of 4ft 11 isn't very tall!) :D

We can see that Fern wasn't expecting some pap to follow her on her holiday and start snapping unguarded piccies of her on the beach, she's trying to relax (trying to deal with all the flack of the last 2 months I suppose!) and enjoy her time with her family and this pap was probably half a mile away with n enormous zoom lens! :eek::mad:

I really feel sorry for her and think she doesn't deserve all the aggravation she's had and I agree that her op was her business alone BUT I do think she should've stopped all the Ryvita adverts, maybe then people wouldn't have been so quick to damn her.

Sorry I've gone on a bit, but I'll finish with this, I still love seeing her on tv and I still think she's done fantastically well, everyone's weightloss journey is their own business isn't it?

Here here :clap:

Mrs D - are you really 4ft 11?!
I imagined you to be tall!!! :D

Hehe Kitty, do I look tall in my avatar lol?! No, I am actually 4ft 11 and a half but thanks for the compliment hun! :D:D

Here here :clap:

Thank you DQ :D Hope you're feeling more positive today. xxxx

Oh my goodness I always pictured you taller (hope that doesnt sound rude) God Im a foot taller than you lol

Isnt it funny how you have a mental image of peopls :)

Haha Sandy, no it doesn't sound rude! :D I actually thought that you were smaller, maybe 5ft 5 or so lol! :D You're right about mental images though, it's funny how we attach these images to people until we meet them. :D:D

I really like Fern, she seems to enjoy life and have fun (and she's married to a gorgeous chef!) but I think that she shouldn't lose much more weight because her face is starting to look saggy.

I do feel sorry for all the flak that's been directed at her recently.

PMSL Mrs D - Yes that photo gives the illusion of you being at least 6ft :D

Wow 5' 11" that's very tall!!, Sandy I'd love to be as tall as you....saying that I'm 5' 7" and my DH is 5' 3" so perhaps i'd best not wish for being too much taller - poor lad might get a complex :D

x

i like fern but i do think those photos arent very nice but i do think shes looking old now and she shouldnt lose much more but at the end of the day as long as shes happy

Poor Fern - she has done brilliantly and when you see her on This Morning, you can really tell the loss and it's briliant! I don't know why people give her such a hard time about the way she lost it - we all know how difficult it is to lose weight and if that's the way she's had to do it then fair enough! At least she is a healthier weight now! It's not about being skinny, it's about being healthy. I think it's not a great photo and it would have been a help to her if she had some fake tan on!!

Anyway that's my 2p worth! x

Bunnyg - actually these pics were better than the ones a couple of weeks ago - she looked really poorly. :(She had on a very short white linen dress and she looked exhausted. A marked difference to the smiling, cheerful Fern in her larger days.

I still don't get this thing about being "a healthier weight":confused: A healthier weight than what? She was VERY fit and healthy before her op - medically fit enough to do at least 3 charity cycle rides abroad, covering hundreds of Km each. I see she's down to do another ride this autumn too. Let's hope she completes this one (as she has all the others when she was carrying much more weight) otherwise there wasn't much point putting herself through all this.

I really believe that all this talk about fat people being unhealthy is giving a very skewed picture I have a friend who is about a size 10 (considerably slimmer than me) and I can outrun her any day of the week, I am also much more supple than her.

Obviously the VERY, very obese person who can barely walk or needs a mobility scooter to get around is a quite different matter.

Bunnyg - actually these pics were better than the ones a couple of weeks ago - she looked really poorly. :(She had on a very short white linen dress and she looked exhausted. A marked difference to the smiling, cheerful Fern in her larger days.

I still don't get this thing about being "a healthier weight":confused: A healthier weight than what? She was VERY fit and healthy before her op - medically fit enough to do at least 3 charity cycle rides abroad, covering hundreds of Km each. I see she's down to do another ride this autumn too. Let's hope she completes this one (as she has all the others when she was carrying much more weight) otherwise there wasn't much point putting herself through all this.

I really believe that all this talk about fat people being unhealthy is giving a very skewed picture I have a friend who is about a size 10 (considerably slimmer than me) and I can outrun her any day of the week, I am also much more supple than her.

Obviously the VERY, very obese person who can barely walk or needs a mobility scooter to get around is a quite different matter.

Being a healthy weight isn't about being fit - at a size 22, she was clearly either Obese or very Obese - I don't really think I need to explain the health complications that being in this category leads to? It certainly is a big focus for me- I am classed as very obese and although at times I can be very fit, it's still not healthy, I don't think there is any question about that?
I understand your point about your size 10 friend not being able to outrun you, but losing weight will help prevent severe health problems such as heart disease and diabetes, and extend your life expectancy - how can we debate that that isn't a healthier way of living?

Back