Finally...Less than one stone to go....

mehii

Here is my story because I just feel like writing about it today.

I started going to Slimming World groups for the first time at the beginning of June this year after three years of trying unsuccessfully to lose weight. Amazingly, I’ve lost two stone since then. Lately though I’ve had a few life-changing problems come my way which have set me back somewhat and I haven’t really been following the plan….

Although strangely enough I haven’t put any weight on since going off plan – up and down by a few pounds. I’m very lucky – but I think being on Slimming World, even for a relatively short time, has really helped me to understand my relationship with food – how so often in the past I’d just eat because I was bored; something to look forward to. But now I’m able to recognise this relationship and know what will help me to not indulge unhealthily – stocking up with grapes, peaches, muller lights and highlights hot choc to stave off the cravings for bad things.

Anyway so now I am where I thought I’d never be before I started. I’ve lost two stone, wear size 12s comfortably and even some 10s…. But it’s also time to focus and start Slimming World properly again. This time I’m not going to go to groups, because honestly, I only was there for 5 minutes to get weighed and at the moment can’t really afford paying £5 to stand on a scale.

I am determined to get to my goal….. don’t know quite what that is yet. The last time I was this weight was about four years ago in my early twenties. I think my body has changed since then. I remember I was quite happy being the weight I am now, but now that I’m that weight again I’m still not happy. Think as I get a bit older its sitting on my body differently…. And maybe also I’m so used to looking in the mirror and seeing myself as overweight, so it’s a bit of a body-image adjustment thing. I just want to get to the point where I feel really comfortable in my own skin and learn to love my body again.

So since yesterday I’ve started Slimming World properly again. I’m also going to start hitting the gym again as had a long break due to illness and other things… I think exercise will also really help to firm some of my soft wobbly bits that weren’t there when I was 23.

After being a visitor to this forum for many weeks, I also want to say that so many people on here have really inspired me. To commit and succeed at weightloss is such a huge achievement, and you all prove that anyone, no matter how big, can do it.

Yesterday I wasn’t very hungry, which is good since I overindulged on the weekend….

Breakfast: Fruit & fibre cereal, semi-skimmed milk, a peach (HEB + HEA)

Lunch: Leftovers from supper – wholewheat spaghetti, homemade tomoato sauce with roasted peppers, capers and olives (used four teaspoons of sugar (4syns) and about 100ml of red wine (4 syns) when making this, but no oil). So it made about four portions, so about 2 syns per portion.

Snack: Carrots and a peach

Supper: Ainsley Harriet sundried tomato & garlic couscous, carrots.(3.5 syns)

Highlights Hot Choc (2 syn)

Total syns – 7.5

Think when there’s so much going on in my life I lose my appetite. And when I’m comfortable in life, and probably a bit bored, I overeat…

Can’t wait for this week to be over. Tomorrow is moving house day and it’s just so stressful – think I may need a few glasses of wine afterwards…

Back