Fingernails

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Jaycey, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Everyone on here seems to be raving about the wonderful state of their fingernails - long, strong and basically gorgeous. (The same thing happened to me when I went on a month-long juice fast - also it happens when I go on holiday to somewhere hot, don't know why.)

BUT on this diet, my nails are rubbish!! They've never been brilliant, but there's usually enough there to slap on a bit of polish on a Saturday night (I'm certainly not Miss Manicure, I'm afraid :eek: ). Whilst I've been on the diet, all my nails have done is break off because they're so brittle. It just keeps happening. :cry:

So why is everyone else sporting talons, whilst all I've got is a set of snapped stumps??!! :mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lin18

Lin18 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(40.16%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Im with you with the stumps, dont know whats going on like you i dont really do manicures and stuff like that, plain and simple thats me but, between my stubby nails and my loss of hair im a right mess oh and the dry skin lol im sure when we eat again things will correct themselves.

4. aussieraquel

aussieraquel loving minimins!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.29%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My hair and skin are ok (I'm on Week 9) however I agree with you on the nails thing, mine have gone to sh**!! Quite quickly really, very brittle, used to have lovely strong nails, now they have no strength in them at all!

5. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    It's not just me then! :eek: I too have dry skin patches but at least my hair's not falling out - scary! (The things we do, lol! But we know it'll all be worth it in the end, don't we?! :))

6. **sparkles**

**sparkles** Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(41.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I couldn't comment on the brittle nails as I bite them, but my cuticles are really dry and sore. Still slightly spotty too.

7. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Last time i did this diet i was like you Jaycey, my nails kept breaking and were really weak - this time though i'm feeling the benefits! I have no idea whats different this time though.

8. tryer

tryer Silver Member

ditto

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.