Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Fingernails

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Jaycey, 1 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    Everyone on here seems to be raving about the wonderful state of their fingernails - long, strong and basically gorgeous. (The same thing happened to me when I went on a month-long juice fast - also it happens when I go on holiday to somewhere hot, don't know why.)

BUT on this diet, my nails are rubbish!! They've never been brilliant, but there's usually enough there to slap on a bit of polish on a Saturday night (I'm certainly not Miss Manicure, I'm afraid :eek: ). Whilst I've been on the diet, all my nails have done is break off because they're so brittle. It just keeps happening. :cry:

So why is everyone else sporting talons, whilst all I've got is a set of snapped stumps??!! :mad:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lin18

Lin18 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(40.16%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Im with you with the stumps, dont know whats going on like you i dont really do manicures and stuff like that, plain and simple thats me but, between my stubby nails and my loss of hair im a right mess oh and the dry skin lol im sure when we eat again things will correct themselves.

4. aussieraquel

aussieraquel loving minimins!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.29%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My hair and skin are ok (I'm on Week 9) however I agree with you on the nails thing, mine have gone to sh**!! Quite quickly really, very brittle, used to have lovely strong nails, now they have no strength in them at all!

5. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    It's not just me then! :eek: I too have dry skin patches but at least my hair's not falling out - scary! (The things we do, lol! But we know it'll all be worth it in the end, don't we?! :))

6. **sparkles**

**sparkles** Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(41.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I couldn't comment on the brittle nails as I bite them, but my cuticles are really dry and sore. Still slightly spotty too.

7. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Last time i did this diet i was like you Jaycey, my nails kept breaking and were really weak - this time though i'm feeling the benefits! I have no idea whats different this time though.

8. tryer

tryer Silver Member

ditto

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.