First Time For This Maori Male

gagie

Kia Ora Folks,
I have recently begun the Optifast program after being refused a Lap Band operation due to my atrial fibrillation condition. My doctor will be monitoring my blood INR count on a weekly basis to see how it goes. Any suggestions?

Hi gagie,

Welcome to MiniMins and best of luck with your Optifast journey.

If you stick with it you will be pleasantly surprised with the results...

To help with motivation take some before photos and once a month thereafter as they will help along the way and you will be able to see more clearly in photos your weight coming off as with rapid weight loss it can take the head a long time to catch up.

Also now is the time to take your body measurements as sometimes when the weight slows down or stays the same it usually is the time you will see the inches coming off as you tone up.

Set yourself some mini goals that are achievable and reward yourself as you achieve each one with something small like a new lipstick or magazine etc.

Make sure to drink your water throughout the day and not all at once and take it easy the first week or so as your body adjust to the new diet.

You could start a diary as many members find that it helps them to be accountable and they can look back and see how far they have progressed over the weeks.

Have a look on the link below as it will help you make your way around...

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

If you need any help be sure to ask.:)

Welcome to this fab site, we are a very friendly bunch and will help and support you through your weight loss journey......Mini has covered most things.....but I would say definately take your measurements.....!

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress xx

Hi and welcome. Totally agree with the before pics and noting measurements as you will not believe the difference.

Good luck

Irene xx

Back