First time on the cambridge diet and struggling!

Liz88

Hi
I am new to all of this so I hope I can get some feedback. I am on day 3 of the SS and it's so hard I just want to eat real food doesn't help my partner Is a chef and I have a 2 1/2 year old that loves her food!
I have recently had my second child 4 months ago. Before falling pregnant I got my bridesmaid dress for my brothers wedding which is in August the dress is size 10!!!
I'm currently 11st 13lb and only 5ft2 I need to get down to 9st by August.
Is this possible?
Does the diet get easier? How will I no if I'm in ketosis?
I hope somebody can enlighten me on this and it gives me some will power!!!!

Hey. It definitely gets easier I found from the later part of day four. You'll know when you're in ketosis as the hunger will go! Stick with it you will definitely reach your goal by August x

Hello I am Sharon and I am on day 3 I hope it gets better as well I am ok and managing alright just the thought of 5 months not eating scares me!! :(

Thank you for your replies. I love my food so much and the thought of going with out it for 12 weeks scares me I really want to be strong and do this I'm the sort of person that needs to see results to get more will power.
I'm not particularly keen on the Cambridge sachets finding the soups more tolerable than the shakes I love chocolate and thought the shakes would be brilliant for me but they just arent hitting it. Also feeling very lethargic! Oh every thing is a massive temptation. !!! Need to keep strong

The girls are so right, day 3 is the killer, I had lost the need to chew a chair leg by midway through day 4! And a great tip I've had from the guys here is to blend your shake with 4 or 5 ice cubes, I'm hooked now! Lol

Keep it up and you'll be in that slinky size 10 in no time. X

Liz88 said:
Thank you for your replies. I love my food so much and the thought of going with out it for 12 weeks scares me I really want to be strong and do this I'm the sort of person that needs to see results to get more will power.
I'm not particularly keen on the Cambridge sachets finding the soups more tolerable than the shakes I love chocolate and thought the shakes would be brilliant for me but they just arent hitting it. Also feeling very lethargic! Oh every thing is a massive temptation. !!! Need to keep strong

Hi I'm on day 4 of SS+ ( 200ml milk) I would say day 3 and 4 have been hardest by far but once I had my shake the hunger went away, try doing the shakes with a few ice cubes in when u blend it makes it thicker colder and fills u up more, reading all the posts I would say u can definitely do that target xxx good luck xxx

I have also found by having the shakes hot (not boiling) they take longer for me to drink and find the flavours nice. Not everyone will agree with that just my little tip :) xxx

Hang on in there - do as little as poss if you feel rubbish (except distracting yourself)! I have little ones - my two year old was trying to feed me a smartie today and then gave me a slobbery chocolatey kiss!!
I promise you it does get better!

I blended a choc mint shake with ice cubes but used far to many ice cubes and it turned to slush and wasn't every nice.
My 2 1/2 year old try's feeding chocolate and cakes all the time:(
I hope tomorrow Is an easier day I have to bake my grandmother a birthday cake!
I just keep hoping I see some good results on Thursday that will be my first weigh in.
Thank you everyone your post are giving me lots more strength I really appreciate it x

Liz88 said:
I blended a choc mint shake with ice cubes but used far to many ice cubes and it turned to slush and wasn't every nice.
My 2 1/2 year old try's feeding chocolate and cakes all the time:(
I hope tomorrow Is an easier day I have to bake my grandmother a birthday cake!
I just keep hoping I see some good results on Thursday that will be my first weigh in.
Thank you everyone your post are giving me lots more strength I really appreciate it x

Don't give up u can do it with th support from all these fab people and willpower :)

Hi and Welcome! You are definately in the best place for support and motivation. I found reading diaries really helpful in the first few weeks, and now have made some fantastic supportive friends which I defiantely couldnt do this god forsaken awful diet without! I say awful because of the restrictions, but the results are fab. Remember to drink your water, make it to first weigh in and you'll be motivated with the numbers from there on.

If you are looking for a good diary to start with try searching for Spangles "Deflating the Bouncy Castle", she is away at the moment so might be somewhere on page 2 or 3, which is unheard of when she is hear as she has been so determined and successful she puts lots of us to shame. If you want to hit your size 10 target she is the lady to emulate.

Good luck, and remember to keep with the water xx

If you are looking for a good diary to start with try searching for Spangles "Deflating the Bouncy Castle", she is away at the moment so might be somewhere on page 2 or 3, which is unheard of when she is hear as she has been so determined and successful she puts lots of us to shame. If you want to hit your size 10 target she is the lady to emulate.

x

You are so right about spangles diary!
She is good at posting picture of the great results too!
I got hooked and read it in a one-er!!

Back