Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

FOCUS!!!

Discussion in 'WeMITTS (We Mean It This Time)' started by Auburn, 20 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I really need to focus, I'm dithering around the 18 1/2 stone mark, and I need a kick up the jacksee.

Any offers??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Could I be of help? /kick but only softly!

Try and remember your reasons for losing the weight and imagine how much daily life healthy will be compared to that chocolate bar. :p

You can do it, believe it, come online when you're tempted or struggling and we can remind you that you CAN DO IT!

4. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Thanks Laura :D

5. Lola~Belle

Lola~Belle Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st13lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    5:2 plus calorie counting
    I stalled badly around the 19 stone mark, having already managed to lose 4 stone. I just couldn't seem to get below it and would lose 1lb one week only to put 2 on the next... This went on for a couple of months until I realised that I'd proved to myself that I CAN lose weight so why wasn't I losing any more. Taking a brutally honest look at my habits, I realised that I'd let a few things slip with regards to my eating...not majorly and not all at once but their cumulative effect was keeping me at the same weight.

So, I went back to basics, started keeping a close watch on the calories again and increased my exercise. That was around 4-5 weeks ago and I'm now about the 18 stone 2 mark so I'm back on the right track.

So, consider this a kick up the jacksy from one who has recently been there...if I can do it, then you definitely can too. Re-evaluate where you are and make a list of the places you can make little improvements to your diet routine, set yourself a mini goal (mine it to be below 18 stone by 1st May) and focus on that...forget the bigger picture for a little while and take it a day at a time. You KNOW you can do it - your ticker says you can - so what's stopping you?

Auburn likes this.
  6. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    You're so right, Lola :) Thank you for the boot up the bum, much appreciated!!

Its just me stopping me, I know that. Just got to tell that part of me to b*gger off!! :D

7. judith55

judith55 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimmimg world
    Jen, I lurk on your blog so have followed your ups and downs. BB is off to Brazil is he not? So why not set yourself a challenge while he's gone? You can use visualization to see a slimmer you meeting him at the station with the strains of Officer and a Gentleman gently wafting over. And we'll all be rooting for ya. x

8. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Haha, yes he sure is :) Last time he was away, I actually joined a gym [it's a pay as you go thing rather than a membership] and I do genuinely intend to go back and actually... use it?! :) This is my starting point. I will do it. I like the Officer and Gentleman image... Yus... I think we can have 2 weeks solely focussed on ME and sorting my head out to get back in that frame of mind.

I have decided to reinstate my One Month challenges. Starting in May with cutting out cheese. This means I won't be having pizza, and cheese on toast, and adding cheese to my pasta... It's too easy for me to go OTT when I have a block of cheese in the fridge. Not to mention it's bloomin expensive stuff!

I am focussed on the right track now I think. I have just had the nicest pitta bread lunch with peri-peri chicken, and it was delicious! I am full, but not horribly full, and I don't actually want anything else. This is what I like. I don't like the horribly full feeling, I don't like the miserable diet feeling... But I'm getting back on the right track with the portions and satisfying amounts.

I got summer fruit squash to satisfy my sweetness-hankering, and I'm quitting the SnackAJack brigade. I've been trying to replace my afternoon biccie and tea with a chocolate snackajack instead, but I don't like them. I tried, but I really don't. There is no point me forcing myself to eat something I don't like, to replace chocolate, and then have to drive home past several shoppies feeling miserable cos I didn't get a chocolate fix. FOR EXAMPLE.

So instead, I am treating myself to one more bar of chocolate, already pointed and accounted for, the day that the fella goes to Brazil. Then... No chocolate for the month. Hurrah :) If I tell myself it's banned, it's somehow not as bad as telling myself I shouldn't have it. Funny how my mind works..!

Thank you all for the support, I <3 this place x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.