Food Tasters and Food Critics

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Im just watching Britain's Best Dish and i'm watching the 3 judges tasting all of this lovely, calorific food as they do in most TV cooking shows.

Anyway, it got me onto thinking, most food critics and food tasters are never overweight!!!

How can you eat all this lovely food and be a skinny minny? No fair :p

Im watching this programme too. Think they were bit harsh on the fella who cooked the cantonese beef! I though it looked great.

What I don't understand is how they stop themselves from finishing the whole dish, I'd just keep on eating till the plates were empty.....

i can only liken to my hubby, he loves cooked breakfasts but cos he travels with his job he got really fed up of them so i guess if you eat food like that all the time you kinda get fed up with it.
I've also heard that workers at Thorntons are allowed to help themselves cos after a short time they are so fed up of chocolate that they stop having it. This could of course be an urban myth!!

I've been wondering this on masterchef recently, but then I heard them say "I wish I could finish this but know I can't". I think they have a mouthful and that's it.
What a waste of wonderful food and what willpower!

They ripped into the Seabass on tonights show and finished the whole thing between 3 of them so that was a fair portion.

I know they dont eat it all to themselves but the small portions must still be very calorific?

A friend of mine spent some time this summer working night shifts in a factory where they packed muffins and cakes. They could have as many as they liked of the misshapes - but she soon got bored with them and stopped taking them.

And on television programmes I can tell you that not one bite of that food goes to waste. The crew eat it all!!!

i reckon most food critics on that programme probably either eat before they go on so they dont look 'greedy' or are anorexics lol

Back