for everyone that doubted me...!

ok i know eating 400 calories a day is not healthy but i dont need any lectures on that. at first i dropped about a stone in 2 weeks then my weight fluctuated up and down for another 2 weeks, gaining losing staying the same. i put this down to my body entering starvation mode and so tried other things like low carb but it didnt work for me so all i could do is still out with 400 calories(please dont say its too low cause ive been eating 900 and i gain weight from that :s weird i know) so i stuck it out and now finally the last 5 days I've dropped 1lb each day and 2lb today! so i think ive overcome that plateu fingers crossed!! i feel really full after 400 calories and if i ever feel ill or lightheaded I eat a bit more to keep my energy levels up. i actualy get a lot for my calories...today ive had yogurt(60 cals), ice cream (40cals) caeser salad(70) and will have a weight watchers ocean pie later for 205 calories. i snack on ice pops and chewing gum. its great i've lost inches aswell, the greatest being 2.5 off my waist and 2.5 off my hips. i recommend it for anyone and i wouldnt do that if i thought people would make themselves ill from it!! :D

I applaud your resilience. I myself couldn’t cope with just 400cals when I equate 1 Pint of Cider to be around 250cals. Well done but keep an eye on your health.:character00116:

No lectures but make sure you are taking supliments vits and minerals as you wont be getting all your body needs .Be very carful vlcd like cd ll and lt are all balanced with added vits .When you go into starvation mode your body starts to hold on to everything which is prob why you have had a few days of stay the same .I dont think what you are doing is the right thing but respect the right for you to choose just be careful and read up on all there is about this way of dieting to make sure you get to your goal .xx

thankyou mandye thats just the comments i like to hear. ur not critising just warning as u realise i have my own mind and itll just annoy me to hear pure critisism so will prop go scoff something! ha :p youre very right about the vitamins i havent had chance to get any but ill go out tomorrow and get some because they are important and i should have thought to get them in the first place. thanks for the reminder! :D

I'm sorry, but you need criticising. The diet you are on does not contain all the essential nutrients your body requires to be healthy. You will stress your already overstressed heart and are risking your health and life in this way.

It's wrong of you to seek affirmation for your un-medically supervised disordered eating on here.

i didnt seek anything i was just proud of my accomplishment.

You've every right to be proud of losing weight, well done on that, I think Ro is just saying be careful that you're on a path that is sustainable in the long term so that pride doesn't precede a fall.

Take care of yourself.

i didnt seek anything i was just proud of my accomplishment.

Just wondering if you have thought about doing Cambridge diet as this is around 400-500 calories on Sole Souce and dosen't put you at any risk your body won't go into stavation a mind ketotis so helps with the well being also on this type of diet you need to drink around 3 litres of water to make sure you don't get dehydrated,
food contains a lot of fluid so without it or very little of it you need to replace the fluid... i did cd for a while i know it's more expensive than CC but if you want to do a VLCD i feel it's the best way

i now what to eat 1000-1200 calories a day so feel CC is fine, but wouldn't consider lower

please don't put a price on your health, - very best of luck with your weightloss journey

Wow what an interesting thread! Well done on the weight loss. Everyone here has mentioned the health probs etc so I won't go on. As someone who has plateued too, and I'm on 1000 a day and even gaining slightly I do sometimes question that my calorie intake is too much, it really gets me down :( I think for some people it is lower naturally than others and they can cope on far fewer cals, but then I'm not a doctor. I am tempted to try 500 to 600 per week purely because I haven't dropped any in ages.

I'm only going to say congrats with your weight loss and maybe take a vitamin to help with the missing nutrients.

So Lemon...what you're saying is that you want to lose weight and you don't care how you do it? You don't care what you do to your body to get there or the medical consequences?

Also....recommending it to others???!! You need to understand that this is very serious.

Where is your research to back up that this will not harm anyone, apart from something that you "think"?

I know we've discussed this before Lemon, and you're aware that I certainly didn't doubt that you would lose weight :)

Just want to pick up on some of the replies here, so not attacking your choice of diet..that's up to you.
No lectures but make sure you are taking supliments vits and minerals as you wont be getting all your body needs .
Yep, that's important, but probably even more important (and something most people don't consider), is the correct amount of protein. A good supply of protein is vital when dieting, and impossible to get on a DIY VLCD, unless you are adding supplements.

So why the protein? Because if you don't get enough protein, you risk losing lean mass. Lean mass is pretty much everything that isn't fat. Bones, muscles and organs (heart, lungs) etc.

For some people, the most important thing is to lose weight, for most it's to lose fat :)

Back