free soup recipes any1!!!

jambo

Looking for free soup recipes peeps, on wonky shifts ths wk & really need 2 save wot iv got ledt of my weeklies!!! My tom soup recipes wearin a bit thin...(excuse th pun,lol) so any recipes wld b greatly appreciatd... thanx

Hiya!

I just made a lovely veg soup today:

Butternut Squash, Onion, carrots, courgette and garlic- all roasted in the oven, then blended with 1.5 pints of vegetable stock.

FREE! Yummy!!

Basically you can make soup out of anything- any veg you have hanging around, boil it up, blend it with stock- soup!

Have a look on the good food website there are always lot of soup recipes on there.

Claire xx

Pkt Leeks [Asda]
3 Large apples
1.5tbsp curry powder
1 Vegetable stock cube
Fill pot to just below vegetable level. Cook until leeks tender and then then blend - delicious.
also
1 Pkt frozen cauli and brocolli
1 onion
stock cube
half tsp chilli flakes
Cook as previous soup
Hope you enjoy

Spicy red pepper and tomato soup

1 red onion chopped
1 red pepper roasted and chopped
Tinned toms or fresh
Garlic a couple of cloves chopped
750ml veg stock
Caynee Pepper I use tbsp but I like spice

Boil all in a pot until soft then blend :)

hi Pink Sapphire, I made the leek, apple and curry powder soup last night. It's really sweet...did i do something wrong?
I used 2 tblespoons of curry powder and I used cooking apples as they were on special rather than green eating apples. the packet of leeks i got from lidl was 500gr...does this sound right?
I'll still eat it, it is edible, but I think i'll have to cook off some onions and mushrooms and garlis to add to the second batch i have in the freezer.

Hi Woodsette - I actually use red eating apples and 1.5tbsp of curry powder. I don't have a sweet tooth and definitely don't find it sweet. It may be the apples - try 2 apples instead of 3. Good luck.

0 point soup, this is delish!

Hi, you have to try this, it really is yummy.:)

Spicy tomato and veg soup. ( makes approx 5 good size portions)

2 tins tomatoes
2 leeks
3/4 red chillies
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp tom puree
1 large onion
1/2 cauliflower
Good head of broccoli
4 large carrots
3 chicken stock cubes
Salt and pepper
Olive oil or flora cuisine

Slice chillies, garlic, onion and leeks, fry off in a small amount of oil.
In a deep large pan - tinned toms, peeled and diced carrots, chopped up broc and cauli.
Add chilli garlic etc.
Season with s&p.
Dissolve stock cubes in 1 litre of water and add to the pot.
Add tom puree.
Bring to the boil and simmer until veg soft.
Blend to a smooth consistency and enjoy.

If you like an extra kick you can add chilli powder once blended, simmer for a couple of mins and taste again until you get you're desired kick. Add water if a little to thick for your liking.

Back