From Chunk to Slink - the journey begins

Chunksvilles

Curly Wurly Chewer
Ive done SW in the past when it was the red and green day - that was way before red became original. And Im only 41 (not 75.......I always feel old talking about the good old days. never thought Id hear myself reminiscing/lamenting!). Last week (my first weigh in) weighed in at 13st 11.5lbs although i was 14st 2lbs a few weeks before. I was cutting out carbs to settle my tummy and lost the weight nicely. I remembered how much I loved SW from years ago when I weighed 15st and got down to 10st 7lbs. I enjoyed the diet immensely but failed to stick to it when I reached my goal. Mainly because my life has so many upsetting things happening such as sibling rivalry and having a special needs daughter. Not that she is a burden....no way, man! She is my love and my light. Emotion comes into it when the authorities won't help as her condition is undiagnosed. Let me tell you that undiagnosed kids get it bad from schools and hospitals. That aside, I do manage with other things in my life quite happily. And I think Id like to admit that I'm a yo-yo dieter. Hurts to say it but that's how it is. So I eat well when Im happy and badly when Im struggling with tricky/scary issues. Im human - its what happens.

I like the EE option. It wasn't around in my past SW life. I like the way it can be incoporated into meals when you don't want to tell anyone you are on a diet. But I will stick mainly to original and green days. Where I come a cropper on EE is 1/3 plate full of veg. Man, I cannot like it at all. I mean, I will eat roasted onions and peppers with mushrooms plus the occasional broccoli and cabbage (when I can disguise their taste!). To be truthful, I eat all the free foods I can until tea time and THEN I decide if my day is EE, original or green. For instance I have fruit and yog for breaky. Then for lunch I have either free soup or B choice bread with egg in a toasty with tinned toms. that leaves me to decide whether I want EE or Orig or Green for tea. I realise this monotony isnt for everyone but for me? I love it. I like the feeling of control but also the feeling of freedom of leaving it until tea time to decide what day Im on.

I have a curly wurly everyday - 6 syns. I snap it in half and have half with a cuppa in the am and half with a cuppa in the pm. I fridge it to make it last longer. The rest of my syns, if i use any, are spent on greek mullers, lighter mayo, a touch of olive oil or houmous - my god i love houmous and even that's the saisnburys be good to yourself version.

Since I joined last week Ive also walked 10 miles with the dog and ran 2.5 miles. I cant keep that up all the time but it was a good burner for the first week. I get weighed tomorrow so we shall see how things are. I measured myself at the beginning and took photos too. Im not bothered about weight loss at first - I like seeing the inches come off. As someone who likes exercise, its the best way. This old rubbish of 1lb of fat weighs the same as 1lb of muscle P****S me right off because a lot of people find it hard to interpret it. The reason being, 1lb of fat is just mass and bulky whereas 1lb muscle is dense and LEAN. So when you lose inches but stay the same weight, it means your fat is melting but being replaced by a slightly heavier tissue yet making you more slinky . I had a bit of a heated row with an old SWC who was a little bit of an old battleaxe and very uninspiring. She tutted at me when I weighed in and "STS". I never baulk when I STS, seriously. She knew that I trained but looked at me, disapproving at me...over the top of her glasses. I kind of laughed it off and said...."it must be the muscles and winked at her". Her face drew a dreadful gasp and she shouted "1lb of muscle weighs the same as 1lb of fat" And without chinning her, I said "But I lost 2.5 inches - so explain that". She couldn't. And nobody should look disapproving whether its a loss or STS. In light of this, when I drop my weight again, for the last time, I plan to be a SWC. There is no better feeling of being inspirational or motivational. Seriously. Its all upwards and off for me.

I will update regularly but hope to make inspiring new friends along the way xx

Last edited:
Just done a 2 mile walk with pooch - feel fantatsic and looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. As i love to keep as diary, im going to jot down what I scoff on here. Ive settled into this diet ok

Today was EE.
I woke at midday after working veeeeeery late into the night

I had:

Egg toasty made in breville sandwich toaster
2 slices ww danish brown - B choice
fry lit to crisp the bread up in the toaster
Mushrooms
cuppa tea
half a curly wurly 3 syns

Snack: Apple

Tea:
3 mini jackets
tuna
lighter mayo 1/2 syn
onions and peppers
1tbs houmous 1.5 syns

Pud:
Strawbs
25g squirty cream 4 syns, i know...the indulgence was shocking, will have 12.5g in future but had the syns to spend lavishly!
Muller greek coconut yog (bloody lush, they are!) 1/2 syn

Cuppa tea watching telly with other half of curly wurly 3 syns

Syn Totals 12

Lost 2.5lbs!! To say im ecstatic is an understatement.
Two weeks back I was 14st 2lbs and I lost that 4.5lbs on my own, so effectively this weeks low loss is like a second week.
Normally Id be really hacked off with a 2.5lb loss in a first week but im telling myself that this is a second week **blows raspberries to my demonic conscience**
Ive got all my measurements from the time I was 14st 2lbs and Ive measured last week and this week and ive lost 10 inches (mainly tummy, back, bust). I knew my inch loss would make me feel more happier over the weight on the scales.
I have a muffin top in place of a 3 tier weddig cake with my jeans, now. Hoping that muffin top will just "do one" in the next few weeks.
Hooray!

Last edited:
I'm away for a few days in Wales. Loaded the car with all my free foods and hex's plus syn counted treats. Managed 8 miles of walking so far and have not used all my sins. I don't know where this organised and focused girl is coming from. In the past, a holiday meant eating what I wanted and no exercise. Maybe this time I WILL complete the diet and get myself to 8st 11lbs. 5 stones is a lot to lose but im in no hurry losing it plus I do not feel deprived on this diet whatsoever. My solitary curly wurly is keeping me sane. Crazy, right? Xx
Hope you slimmers are having a lovely easter xxxx

Happily shoving an apple in my gob when I've got the munchies. You wouldn't have heard me say that a year ago. All this on top of coming back from asda where all Easter choc is half price. Wish they would make fruit and veg half price, the cost of which is becoming a strain. No wonder us slimmers veer off course because of the Cost of healthy food.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Oooh a fello curly wurly fan! I too have one everyday - although i freeze mine and make it last longer in the evening!

I too have Yoghurt and Fruit nearly everyday for brekkie, i'm not a cereal fan and tbh i'd rather save my he's for cheese and either wholemeal toast or pitta!

Have set us up a little team - but just loved reading through your thread! I know how you feel about having a hard time (i've lost all my family due to their patheticness and well it;s their loss, but it's the upset it's caused my kiddies that hurts!!) - the last few years i've piled all my weight back on, lost it, hit another wall - gained it again! BUT you do sound like a very amazing lady! How old is your daughter? I have a daughter aged 8 and a son just turned 3, and we also have a crazy female dalmatian!

Look forward to chatting - oh and i so need to look out for those greek mullers, i LOVE greek yoghurt ha ha!

Becs xx

Hi both and well done on your journeys so far.

Day 3 of Sliming World and am going to my first meeting tonight, am so scared of getting weighed in! as my scales are probably completely wrong at home!

Thanks for the Curly Wurly Tio, i love those and they last so much longer than a kit kat!

Have an 8 year old daughter too and four pussy cats!

Tasha x

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Oooh a fello curly wurly fan! I too have one everyday - although i freeze mine and make it last longer in the evening!

I too have Yoghurt and Fruit nearly everyday for brekkie, i'm not a cereal fan and tbh i'd rather save my he's for cheese and either wholemeal toast or pitta!

Have set us up a little team - but just loved reading through your thread! I know how you feel about having a hard time (i've lost all my family due to their patheticness and well it;s their loss, but it's the upset it's caused my kiddies that hurts!!) - the last few years i've piled all my weight back on, lost it, hit another wall - gained it again! BUT you do sound like a very amazing lady! How old is your daughter? I have a daughter aged 8 and a son just turned 3, and we also have a crazy female dalmatian!

Look forward to chatting - oh and i so need to look out for those greek mullers, i LOVE greek yoghurt ha ha!

Becs xx

Thanks for popping over, lets stay in touch xx

Hi both and well done on your journeys so far.

Day 3 of Sliming World and am going to my first meeting tonight, am so scared of getting weighed in! as my scales are probably completely wrong at home!

Thanks for the Curly Wurly Tio, i love those and they last so much longer than a kit kat!

Have an 8 year old daughter too and four pussy cats!

Tasha x

We should start a curly wurly appreciation club!

Gotta say kids, a pound off is pretty crap in the grand scheme of things. Im not dealing with EE, to be honest. So to spite the theory of this EE regime, Im going to do a mix of green and red days, like in days of yore. Im going to not walk to excess and im capping the syns to 10 syns, like it used to be. Call me crazy but this challenge is to try and get my poundage to minus 2 next week.....maybe even 3. Dont get me wrong, I loved being on EE but I ate more than I normally do on a SW diet. And I can tell you now that I am carb senstive. It just doesnt make sense to mix carbs with proteins even though I know you can....am I making sense?

So my goal for the next week is eat red and green days and see how the scales and measuring tape fair, yeah?
Stay focused, kids x

Red days between now and weigh in (Thursday)
I'm carb sensitive as it is so testing atheist as EE is much slower than red/green days (for me).

Lost 1.5lbs. Chuffed to bits.

just want to share measurement losses to show you how the inches are working in better favour:

Day 1 measurement:
Waist: 41
Tummy: 46
Bust: 48
Hips: 48
Arms: 13
Thighs: 24

Current measurements:
Waist: 39
Tummy: 42.75
Bust: 44.75
Hips: 45.75
Arms: 12
Thighs: 21.5

done very little exercise except for a 3 mile poochy walk and a 2 mile run last night. LOVED the run as Ive got audio books to listen to and I dont get bored. I weighed myself this morn in the butt-nakey and was chuffed to read that I was 3lbs lighter than last week. This could change as its my star week - only my official weigh in will tell. Just done a measurement check and it seems that I have lost: 2.5 inches from the measurements you saw above last week, they now read:

Day 1 measurement:
Waist: 41
Tummy: 46
Bust: 48
Hips: 48
Arms: 13
Thighs: 24

Current measurements since last week, not day 1
Waist: 38.5 -0.5
Tummy: 42.5 -0.25
Bust: 44.75
Hips: 45 -0.75
Arms: 11.5 -0.5
Thighs: 21 -0.5

This measuring lark is far more exciting than weighing :)

Off to treat myself to frozen berries, fresh british strawbs, greek yoghurt and a mini meringue.

diet fail since weigh in day - first time off the rails in 5 weeks. Going to work hard mon/tues/weds before thurs weigh in. Grrrrrrr...............i allowed a moment of weakness to snowball into a gastronomic feast of lard. tsk tsk!

Back