Gardening.. Grow your own..

Thanks Scotmk :) I don't have a greenhouse, would my shed windowsill be ok, or too warm? Window doesn't open.
No room left on kitchen one, it's full of toms, basil, chives & aloe vera :sigh:

you can get a plastic 4 tier greenhouse for about £15 or so..

Awesome, thanks ColJack but no room unfortunately. I have my lovely veg bed, about 54sqft, areas I can put pots & sacks, but the rest is full of kiddy toys :D

TwinkleToes2day said:
Thanks Scotmk :) I don't have a greenhouse, would my shed windowsill be ok, or too warm? Window doesn't open.
No room left on kitchen one, it's full of toms, basil, chives & aloe vera :sigh:

Should be ok, is it in direct sunlight? As long as it gets enough water and a little air every couple of days (I got auto opening window on greenhouse) it should be ok, bit as never done it in shed I cannot say 100%.

?

Should be ok, is it in direct sunlight? As long as it gets enough water and a little air every couple of days (I got auto opening window on greenhouse) it should be ok, bit as never done it in shed I cannot say 100%.

?

It gets early morning sun, but that's all. I might rig up a cloche with plastic bottles, keep it outside and take cloche off if it's a nice day. Worth a go I reckon ;)

Yes try it, at the end of the day they grow outside in there natural habitat, just here I always have seen then in greenhouses. As long as they are looked after I cannot see why they should not grow, just make sure they don't get burnt.. (if we have enough sun left) lol...

Yes try it, at the end of the day they grow outside in there natural habitat, just here I always have seen then in greenhouses. As long as they are looked after I cannot see why they should not grow, just make sure they don't get burnt.. (if we have enough sun left) lol...

Lol, your right there. Will give it a go, and report back ;) thanks for all your help :D

TwinkleToes2day said:
Lol, your right there. Will give it a go, and report back ;) thanks for all your help :D

No worries

When I can do pictures here or in my gallery I will post some of my veg garden... I have loads from last year too.

Last edited by a moderator:
gettingfit said:
I think it's the Daily mail giving away free seed packs.Yesterday was beetroot today is Spring onions.I forgot to pick up some packs when I was at work.
I would love an allotment but they do take up a lot of time.
When I was living at home many years ago we had 2 massive veg gardens and my mum had 2 large flower beds.I use to enjoy helping my dad in the garden.You don't get much garden with new houses nowadays.

No, I don't like all the new builds, we were lucky when we moved, I think it was the last built houses that still had good size garden before all the postage stamp ones were built, so even though a large chunk has been turned Into veggie patch we still got good size left...

People with sheds - do you have hanging baskets on them?

I have 3 hanging baskets on mine for tumbling tomatoes, 2 plants per basket as they spread out a lot. It would save precious ground space by having plants hanging and they look very pretty. The tumbling tomatoes just explode in your mouth. Like nothing you can buy in a supermarket!

No hanging baskets in greenhouse, the space for hanging is taken up by watering system pods (hozelock ones) to much in there already, cucumbers moneymakers toms and cherry toms, peppers, chillis.

Back