Get together idea - walk/stay Lancaster Canal

ladyfelsham

Back to SW again
Hi all

We've been bandying ideas around for another get together in the summer.

What do people think about a walk along the Lancaster canal and then dinner at Bren's favourite local pub?
Guys Thatched Hamlet - Guy's and Owd Nells Tavern - Home

They do rooms too - a standard room with shower is £59.50 on a Friday or Sat night. if you stay Sat, you get Sunday for £30. Doesn't include breakfast - £4.50 for continental, £6.75 for full English.

There's a 4 mile circular walk route from Guys along the canal - Wyre Borough Council - Walking - Bilsborrow Pub Walk

As an added incentive, Guys is holding a presssed cider festival from 29-31 July.

OR - Lisa has just suggested hiring a boat :)

What do people think?

Last edited:
Sounds fab - although being as skint as I am i might just come for the day and drive?

Sounds wonderful! But have to admit it's pretty unlikely we can come as i think we are booked up pretty well every weekend for the rest of the summer! :( So much to do in life - so little time;)

but it would be terrible to have it the other way round......so many people seem to think that way, it's very sad, i think!

The more the merrier Marty! And sorry your weekends are jampacked Katie - but will see you in July for the big birthday bash hopefully :)

July 16th in the diary :D

Right now there is no way I could afford that in July. :( And its round about the time of DDs birthday so not a chance unfortunately.

16th. hmm. we are in stoke for a birthday party the week before, and so i am working that weekend. :(

never mind, next time!

ok bren - do we have a date then? thought july was for suzes birthday in londonium???

Not sure Suse has set a date for coming up here, 16th is for London as far as I know??????

No date set then - it's up to your availability ladies, why not post some free weekends and we'll see if we have one in common?

16 July is my birthday bash in Greenwich - and if your plans change, you are all cordially welcome. I have a couch someone can sleep on.

august anytime x september anytime apart from my birthday weekend (24/25th)

Back