going back

brainsprain

Im trying to work up courage to go back to Slimming World,
I had surgery which hasnt exactly went to plan,and worse still I think I have put on 4lbs through sheer comfort eating.
I feel awful,during my few months at Slimming World I always lost weight every week,now Im going back with weight on,just feel embarrassed,eek.
Gonna try and lose a couple of pounds between now and Thursday.

Oh dear so sorry that you have had a difficult time. It is so hard to go back knowing you have gained BUT you are so brave to go back and your group will welcome you. Just follow the plan until your class and you may lose a little before you go back. There will probably be people there who have gained and gone back before.

Good luck

the hardest step is going back. i did it after i had my daughter (put on all the weight i lost and more 3 stone to be exact)and found everyone was so supportive and non judgemental. have you tried ringing the leader of the group for some advice and support.
sharon

I had time off from group from the beginning of march til june when |I had to have Brain surgery.....It was really hard going back as Id put on over a stone in that time :eek: just from not being mobile at all (on a zimmer) and comfort eating.

It made it worse that the consultant changed whilst I was away too so I was going back to a new face, as my old one got promoted to a Team leader. Luckily tho She was great and had kept in touch with me and explained everything to the new woman.

1st night nerves were soon put to rest as soon as I trundled in the door complete with my zimmer and was made to feel as if Id not been away - they even gave me new books at no charge and re started my weightloss so I wasnt always looking at 'where I would have been' which was a lovely thing to do. I cant drive anymore since the Op so getting out to group is a thing I look forward to, and some real nice ladies there now come and collect me and bring me home every week-meaning my OH doesnt need to do it :)

Since Ive been back there have been 4 other people from my first time there who have rejoined and are back at square 1 weight wise (and not through illness) but no one is there to judge ;) x

Back