going out advice - please!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by AnneJ66, 9 June 2009 Social URL.

1. AnneJ66

AnneJ66 Never give up

Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    i need help - fast! youngest child (only son) turns 16 nxt tuesday and hes just announced that prior 2 him avin a knees up with his mates he'd like 2 go out 4 a family meal. wots a girl 2 do? say no - sorry, mum is drinkin milk shakes these days - or go - nibble off the salad bar? and wot about drink? can do witout alcohol but am i ok with diet coke / soda water or wot? ad a brilliant day, now gettin little stressed! ahhhhhhh!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. richman14

richman14 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(33.1%)
    maybe have 1 day ss plus

stick to water but have a chicken salad

4. Foosey

Foosey Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st1lb
    Current Weight:
    20st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(7.12%)
    Diet:
    CD ss
    Me too Doz, going Saturday night for a meal as its a friends birthday eek. I am going for weigh in tomorrow so will I will ask my CDC.

5. imagisal

imagisal Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.62%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Sole Source
    Maybe join in but don't blow out!!! Sparkling mineral water .....and as richman suggested some protein and salad. That way you get to stay on line for weigh in and celebrate with the family. Hope you de stress!!!

6. passionflower

passionflower Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st9.1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9.6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13.5lb(16.86%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    My best friend celebrated her 40th birthday last weekend, in the day we went to a Spa and I had a bit of cold chicken with some salad and a few slices of cucumber, then at night 8 of us went out to a lovely Italian where again I had a small piece of grilled chicken and salad. I drank copious amounts of water and the next morning I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I was still in ketosis. You do not need to drink if you don't want to and you do not need to eat a three course meal either. You can enjoy the conversation and the good time with them all and still stick to your plan. Whatever you decided hope you'll have a great time. :)

7. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have had a few planned meals in the beginning days of cd and stuck to low carb and loads of water and still had great losses!

BUT do what suits you

8. Milsey-Girl

Milsey-Girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.05%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I met up with a male friend last week in a pub and whilst I didn't eat, I matched him pint for pint, with water! Since it was tap water, it was free so a cheap night too;)

9. bmthsue

bmthsue Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6.5lb(18.58%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've had a few meals out and managed to still have great weight losses and stay in ketosis. As everyone else above has said it's important to make sensible food/drink decisions and not think of it as a meal "off" the diet, that way you'll stay in control and it will be easy to continue with CD as normal as soon as the event is over. Enjoy your son's birthday!

10. curlywurly1234

curlywurly1234 Cambridge Consultant

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    6st5lb(42.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey
    Dont worry about it.. Just go and have a healthy option, such as chicken or fish I have been out loads and when I was doing shakes, just had shakes now on ss+ just asked them to make me chicken with lettuce and cucumber, dont let Cambridge take over you ..
    xx

11. AnneJ66

AnneJ66 Never give up

Current Weight:
    14st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    thanx 2 every1 4 their words of wisdom, its bin a great help, gonna go and just av sum grilled chicken n salad. no help with the wot can i drink tho? is there really nothin other than water that i can have? x

12. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Why can't you just take your shakes/soup with you?That's what I have done when I have been out for a meal with family,or had special occasions such as baby's christening.It's a bit awkward at first but totally worth it.As for the drinks you could always put a bit of water flavouring in some sparkling water for a change :) There will ALWAYS be a special occasion/family meal/day out etc to cope with.Best to learn to cope with themnow and not give in and have food straight away I think.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.