GRR-Daily Mail comments...

The Punisher

Just stumbled across this article on the DM website:
Plus size fashion: Size 18 clothes CAN look stylish | Mail Online

I'm not a deliberate reader of this paper, but I tend to hang over the lad at work's shoulder when he's reading the showbiz and sport gossip. I regularly find myself appalled by comments on the DM site, I don't know why I'm so surprised to be honest. But this comment on the above article really has made me FURIOUS!

I'm sorry but if a woman has let herself get to size 18 then she does not deserve to look stylish. Why should designers bother to make her look good because clearly she can't be bothered to look after hersef. I would never go out with a a size 18 woman it would reflect extremely badly on my personal taste.
- Brian, Solihull, 31/3/2011 13:02

He must be Brad Pitt, Bradley Cooper and David Beckham all rolled into one :rolleyes:
It's really made me mad-I'd love to meet him face to face-let's see how hot he'd feel with no sodding teeth! :mad:

The Punisher said:
Just stumbled across this article on the DM website:
Plus size fashion: Size 18 clothes CAN look stylish | Mail Online

I'm sorry but if a woman has let herself get to size 18 then she does not deserve to look stylish. Why should designers bother to make her look good because clearly she can't be bothered to look after hersef. I would never go out with a a size 18 woman it would reflect extremely badly on my personal taste.

OMG! Wot a total tosser!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

:eek: I am gobsmacked at that comment! How can someone think like that? Size 18 is not large - i remember that i was happy when i could fit in a size 18! So what if some women aren't skinnyminis - we all deserve to look stylish/good. The Punisher i'd like to join you with knocking his teeth out :mad: Sorry for my little rant but that comment really annoyed me :rolleyes:

I also read the article, as well as the one regarding the skeleton-like Victoria's secret models. Some of the comments were disgusting and appeared to come from (mainly) males bordering on mental disorder. Some of them seem to be in need of serious help, reading between the lines you could see that these are extremely controlling, extremely confrontational or secretely gay (in the case of the VS models), fancying females that look very much like teenage boys = raises questions.
I think overweight people in this country are increasingly the scapegoat for all sorts and some people just won't stop trying to take out their own psychological issues on these "soft targets".
There is a fab saying in Germany, it translates along the lines of: I am fat, but you are ugly. Now, I CAN lose weight and you??? And regarding ugly I do not limit this to appearance, some people are just rotten and have ugly souls.
So there!

everyone deserves to look stylish no matter what their size is! id like to meet this guy and knock his teeth out i feel so angry. no one has the right to judge someone else and alot of people are pig ignorant to the fact that food can be an addiction for alot of people! they dont know the stories behind peoples weight and they just judge.
I know id personally prefer to be the size i am now than a bag of bones.

"I've always been a Daily Mail reader. I prefer it to a newspaper”
~ Oscar Wilde on The Daily Mail
:D
".......a pair of rose-tinted spectacles must be worn to read articles in the Daily Mail, which describe how everything was great in the 1950s before the Islamic Conquest and the introduction of drugs, fat women, asylum seekers, paedophiles, Jonathan Ross, Russell Brand, the homeless, Brown people and the invention of sex made daily life intolerable for the conservative middle-class Chelsea tractor driving mums and retired army colonels that inhabit these sceptred isles"

summs it up, by Daily Mail - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
;)

I would never go out with a a size 18 woman it would reflect extremely badly on my personal taste.

In very much the same way that I would never go out with a man who clearly has an enormous p***k on his head for the world to see as this would reflect extremely badly on my personal taste!!! Tosser!

He obviously has very small equipment! :p Both up and downstairs!

In very much the same way that I would never go out with a man who clearly has an enormous p***k on his head for the world to see as this would reflect extremely badly on my personal taste!!! Tosser!

Couldnt have said it better myself cherry-pie!

He must be Brad Pitt, Bradley Cooper and David Beckham all rolled into one :rolleyes:
It's really made me mad-I'd love to meet him face to face-let's see how hot he'd feel with no sodding teeth! :mad:

My god, what an absolute moron.

Could he be termed a real, larger than life misogynist, and as we all know most of them are closet gays!!

"I've always been a Daily Mail reader. I prefer it to a newspaper”
~ Oscar Wilde on The Daily Mail
:D
".......a pair of rose-tinted spectacles must be worn to read articles in the Daily Mail, which describe how everything was great in the 1950s before the Islamic Conquest and the introduction of drugs, fat women, asylum seekers, paedophiles, Jonathan Ross, Russell Brand, the homeless, Brown people and the invention of sex made daily life intolerable for the conservative middle-class Chelsea tractor driving mums and retired army colonels that inhabit these sceptred isles"

summs it up, by Daily Mail - Uncyclopedia, the content-free encyclopedia
;)

LOL !!!!!!

Love it !!!

He obviously has very small equipment! :p Both up and downstairs!

Oh Judy only ladies of our great experience could see that.

What small change he is !!!

Curvy is good, curvy is sexy !!!!

The Daily Mail is a crushing embarrassment ... I wouldn't feed it to my worst dog - Hugh Laurie

Does anybody remember Anna-Nicole Smith, when she just came out in the 90's? She was on H&M adverts on posters everywhere. The photos were so georgious, that her pics caused accidents because people (mainly men :)) were so stunned.
Anna Nicole Smith - Very Controversial
She was a lovely and curvy "+ size" model in her days.

Does anybody remember Anna-Nicole Smith, when she just came out in the 90's? She was on H&M adverts on posters everywhere. The photos were so georgious, that her pics caused accidents because people (mainly men :)) were so stunned.
Anna Nicole Smith - Very Controversial
She was a lovely and curvy "+ size" model in her days.

Got to be honest, If could look this sexy I wouldn't give a monkey's what size was on my label or what anyone thought of me!!!

I hate that they label size 16/18 as a plus size. Most womens average size is a 16! And what about body shapes and shop sizing being crap.
Even at my slimmest, i wore size 10-12 tops and size 16 mostly in trousers because i have wide hips but i was slim. Theres no way my hips will ever get into a size 12 especially with the shop sizes as they are.

I hate that they label size 16/18 as a plus size. Most womens average size is a 16!.....

Totally agree with you there. Exactly the reason why I put it in " " in my post. Can I call the ultra skinny models now a minus size? ;)
As much as I want to lose weight so I can fit back into my size 10/12 clothes (cannot part from them), I would prefer the measurements of a "+size" models over the skeleton look anyday - and that is not being jealous, I just don't think it's good looking, never mind sexy. Might be just my personal preference as I prefer chunky guys, too. :D

Girls- ignore brian from solihill - what he fails to mention is that he is 40 and still living with his mum. Who gives a toss what he or anyone else for that matter thinks?????

Back