Gym friendly breakfasts!

Morning All

I'd love some suggestions please! I'm at the gym for 6am, workout for an hour, shower change to be at my desk for 8/8.15 to start work at 8.30. I'm currently having 2 cold hard boiled eggs and my magic porridge (1 grated apple, handful of frozen berries, yoghurt and 30g portion of museli, soaked over night). I can see me quickly getting bored of this. Does anyone have any good breakfast ideas which are hearty and can be prepared the night before?

Cheers Gemma

Maybe low pp muffins (you can make that hearty) or flapjack/oatbars?
Porridge is a great pre-workout food, perhaps you can try different ingredients?
I love my oats with 1/2 cup low fat milk, 1/2 cup water, 2/3 rolled oats and loads of cinnamon and either steamed banana (I can't eat raw ones) or apple, and sometimes I also add a walnut or a few almond flakes to this.
To sweeten plain porridge I use agave or honey.
Adding some coconut milk and flakes/fibres is nice too.
You can also add raisins, nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, syrup, etc the options are endless really!

Load of varieties of birchers can keep you from getting bored. Here is a link to a site of recipes that is really great, she has loads of different oatmeal/porridge recipes, all vegan, but can be changed to accomodate yoghurt or cows milk instead if you fancy it.

Recipage

I also like making breakfast cookies to take in after the gym. Mine have tinned pumpkin puree, oats, etc and also a bit of protein powder so that I have a good hit of protein after my work out. I can post the recipe if you like the idea.

Another idea to change things up that i do on occasion is thin slices of ham, cottage cheese,
-oat cakes and nut butter, banana
-mini crustless quiches,
-eggy cupcakes where you bake them in cupcake tins lined in a thin slice of ham or 2,

Loads of things really, so no need to get bored :) but I always keep oat cakes and nut butter in my drawer at work so that I have something just in case I forget, along with muesli and fruit

x
Steph

No worries

I originally ate this on ww as it is a ww recipe
1/3 cup oats
1 tablespoon raisins(can leave out)
1 tablespoon flour (I tend to leave this out myself or use protein powder, however up to you)
1/3 cup non-fat powdered milk
1/4 cup applesauce--SF (I use tinned pumpkin here as pumpkin is free and lovely in the cookie)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon Splenda granular or xylitol
1. Preheat oven to 170 fan.
2. Spray cookie sheet with frylight or use baking parchment
3. Mix all ingredients together.
4. Spoon 1 large mound on the baking sheet, and spread it out (or make 2 cookies). 5. Bake 15-20 minutes.
I usually just make the mix the night before and bake the next morning or if you don't have time for that, make this the night before and store in a tupperware
This cookie is very forgiving, and can be changed loads of ways, sometimes I add grated carrot and spices and maple agave instead of sweetner. I also really like adding in 1 chopped date into the mix, turns out lovely!

x
Steph

Back