Attack Hartleys low cal jelly pots

LittlestWookie

Are they allowed?

One last question, the hartleys low cal premade jelly pots.

Ingredients
Water, Passion Fruit juice Concentrate (1%), Gelling Agent (Potassium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Gellan Gum), Citric Acid, Passion Fruit Flavouring (0.1%), Mango Flavouring (0.1%), Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame-K), Colours (Quinoline Yellow, Sunset Yellow).

Nutrition Information

Per 100g Per 175g
Energy (kJ) 20 kJ 35 kJ
Energy (kcal). 5 kcal 9 kcal
Protein 0.0 g 0.0 g
Carbohydrate 1.0 g 1.8 g
of which sugars. 1.0 g 1.8 g
of which - starch 0.0 g 0.0 g
Fat 0.1 g 0.2 g
Fibre 0.4 g 0.7g
Sodium (g) Trace Trace
Equivalent as Salt

I read your diet diary today, you have done so well! X

LittlestWookie said:
I read your diet diary today, you have done so well! X

Thank u! Fell off tonight as at olympics party and was so worth it
I dont condone days off but god ive gone ages without!
You'll do amazing on this plan it really helps you get to grips with food
Just ask if your stuck xx

these sound nice, can imagine they handy as a handybag item LOL.

Hi Littlest Wookie, welcome to Dukan and Minimins!

Yeah, I find the sugar free jellies help with sweet cravings (although I am starting to suspect that too many foods with sweeteners actually cause sweet cravings....) According to the official live chats they publish on their website, you're only meant to have 300g of sugar free jelly a day, so don't go too crazy!! Jx

I don't think these ones are sugar free :(

LittlestWookie said:
I don't think these ones are sugar free :(

The ones I get have flavours like raspberry and cranberry and watermelon
You can just buy the sugar free sachets and make your own
They make loads as well xx

I'd go for the sugar free rather than lo-cal ones, the smaller pots (strawberry, raspberry, orange) which are "no added sugar". I use them a lot for a sweet craving!

Joodle, your are quite right about sweetners, at least increasing amounts of research supports this and the notion that they end up having the same effect on the body as sugar. I was amazed that dukan allows sweetners, but I avoid them for this reason. Except for those tasty coconut yogurts, but I doubt I'll buy them again!

I need to investigate that research, thanks GW. My suspicion is not that they cause weight gain per se, but more that they make you insatiably hungry, which is quite hard to deal with. Plus, although they've been tested to death, especially the older varieties, I just still have a niggle about eating things that are completely chemically produced...

I agree with you Joodle on all counts, also I worry that by having sweeteners the addictive habit of sugar is not broken (kinda like methadone programs not really breaking a heroin addiction!!). Luckily I don't have much of a sweet tooth (at easter I was given a cream egg and ate it to be polite, I was nearly sick, vile stuff!)

Aldi do a good sugar free jelly really cheaply too, I think they are about 20p for a packet (which I get 4 servings out of!).

Back