Extra Easy Has anyone .......

alioreilly

Eaten as much free food as they want, eaten all their syns and HE's, not used the 1/3 plateful superfree and still lost weight.

Slimming World says that you can eat as much as you want of free foods but on here everyone says that you have to be careful.

I don't really want to be making sure that every meal I have has 1/3 plate superfree. I just want to be able to eat what I like of free foods and a little treat here and there. Is this possible???:confused::confused::confused

You can eat as much free food as you want BUT SW say eat until satisfied. That's the key, and that's why people on here say be careful.

I don't have the superfree with every meal but I try to make that the exception rather than the rule, and I don't have fruit etc if I don't have superfree. Sometimes I just don't want it.

SW also say they don't insist that you have the third superfree but for better losses you are best to have it.

In a nutshell, it should be possible to do what you said and still lose weight - there's one way to find out.....but for a lot it doesn't work like that.

If you don't want the third superfree then why not do red or green (or both)? Although, I still have superfree with those meals where possible.

If you are going to try doing it without the 1/3 SuperFree then you might aswell not be doing Slimming World at all, - this is one of the key 'rules', if you like, if the plan.

Like said above, it may work for you if you're lucky, but I personally wouldn't reccommend it.

I disagree very slightly, you can do red or green without the superfree.
Superfree is for EE, although it is recommended for all plans, it's not compulsory on any of them.

I agree though that I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done.

Eaten as much free food as they want, eaten all their syns and HE's, not used the 1/3 plateful superfree and still lost weight.

Slimming World says that you can eat as much as you want of free foods but on here everyone says that you have to be careful.

I don't really want to be making sure that every meal I have has 1/3 plate superfree. I just want to be able to eat what I like of free foods and a little treat here and there. Is this possible???:confused::confused::confused

Do you not like superfree foods? Or just not want to be having to make sure you eat 1/3 superfree? I have found that following the superfree rule has really helped with my losses but then I love superfree foods as well as free foods and treats!
I lost a lot of weight following the green plan and having my syns and eating as much free foods as I wanted without following the superfree rule for that but then I had a lot to lose. I found when I switched to extra easy I lost better when I stuck to the superfree rule.
The plans work if you stick to them but maybe you need to decide whether you want to follow the plan? :)

I agree with Princess Stevie..to me it sounds like you want to lose weight without having to make any changes...
As far as I'm aware, EE only works properly if you stick to the 1/3 superfree food. Otherwise you can go for Red or Green Days. On those plans it works just as good without the 1/3 superfree as you automatically tend to replace the meat or carbs with veggies.
I don't really do EE as I don't eat that much meat and the few bits I eat I can syn or use as my healthy extra B. So I only do green days. Believe me, the green days will completely put you off snacking and trying to shovel down as much as you can because you are SO full.
With EE I find it hard to feel completely full for some reason and I find it hard to estimate the 1/3 of superfree food. As my portions are biggish anyway I am trying to implement more veggies but rather forgo the meat than the carbs. That way I find it easier to eat more veggies if I only stick to the normal plans. It's up to you but whatever you do: You will only lose weight if you stick to some rules. I think the SW plans are already more than generous. When I try to encourage my OH to do it as well he feels slightly put off by the fact that you have to plan more and weigh your cheese and stuff. If you don't accept that you can't eat what you want in any amount then you're probably not ready to lose weight...Sorry..

Blimey, she only asked a question....

As I said previously, the third superfree is not mandatory, extract from the SW FAQ's below:

Q: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?

A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

cool, thanks jaylou...my C told me that it's mandatory - but that was 2 years ago. Maybe I will implement the odd EE day...so the only difference is that you can only have 1 HEX each for A & B??

Consultants often say that but it's not true - it is highly recommended though.
Yep, one A and one B, superfree snacks where possible, and syn values at the lowest red or green value.

Hi, I do want to lose weight but I wanted to make sure that I understand how it all works but from the replies perhaps I would be better trying something else! I feel like I am almost being attacked!!!

Like I have already said, I have tried SW before as well as WW, my problem is that I like to snack and would just like to clarify what I can actually have.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Sorry alioreilly - we didn't want to attack you. It just sounded a bit like "I want to do what I want and still lose weight"- maybe we got the wrong end of the stick. SW is a really good plan and you should really try it. But nobody can guarantee that you will lose weight as quickly as if you do it the way they recommend.

As far as I'm aware, EE only works properly if you stick to the 1/3 superfree food.

It depends on a lot of different factors.

If your portion control with the free foods is good then you may well get away with having less superfree foods. If you tend to pile your plate high with free foods and also have little veg then the calories can soon mount up and affect losses.

Likewise if you are larger, your body will need more calories just to perform basic functions so it is less of an issue. But if you are smaller or nearing target then portion control does become more of an issue.

If you are smaller and like to pile your plate then I would think it would be difficult to lose well without the superfree component.

Its worth trying but then if you find your losses arent what you would like, you know to change it.

Ww used to do a plan similar to ee but it didnt have conditions on veg at meals. But it had rules about only eating 'free' foods at meals and only having fruit/veg in between. What im trying to show with this is that it might work without a third at meals but you will probably have to find another way of controlling portions if that makes sense.

Hi, I do want to lose weight but I wanted to make sure that I understand how it all works but from the replies perhaps I would be better trying something else! I feel like I am almost being attacked!!!

Like I have already said, I have tried SW before as well as WW, my problem is that I like to snack and would just like to clarify what I can actually have.

Thanks for answering my questions.

aww hun please dont give in, i dont understand EE the best and i often have to ask others for help and i too like you dont want to eat 1/3 superfree at every meal but i do have LOADS of fruit to make up for it.
you can definatly snack but obviously make the right choices, maybe cucumber, celery and carrot with cottage cheese or something like that and remember you have the syns for snacks too.
Good luck :D

Blimey, she only asked a question....

As I said previously, the third superfree is not mandatory, extract from the SW FAQ's below:

Q: Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?

A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

ooo thanks very much for that! i dont go to group but keep hearing on here that you MUST have 1/3 superfree and sometimes struggle with this at lunch time so eat a ton of fruit whilst at work lol x

Back