Hectic Week and a question for you all..

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
I am still here, just having a hectic week. Still full of virus and chest infection, it was my little girls 2nd birthday yesterday so we had that to celebrate and also this house moving stuff going on.

Long story but its starting to really stress me out, I have a question for you all...Would you buy a house you knew someone had died in? and also if you knew the exact place they had died and it was in the Master Bedroom? Also if you knew they were schizophrenic.

The House we have fell in love with has come out with some horrible history, and we have had to do some research into it.

I am by no means a psychic and neither would I want to be, But I got bad vibes from one bedroom the first time we went and each and everytime visit afterward and I didnt know why, so we asked the Estate Agent about the history of the previous owner, and we were told that she had died there, the rest we found out ourselves.

I know a lot of houses will have history, but there is a big red/brown stain on the carpet in the bedroom and this uneasy feeling and its really putting me off. They say children are more susceptible to "things" and our littlun kept asking to go downstairs.

Should we pull out now? or carry on and try and make it our home rather than according to the neighbour "the place mad valerie died"

Personally I would still buy it. One house we bought somebody had died there too and the place needed total modernisation. I bet a few months down the line having decorated and got a new carpet you will feel different.

Still, it is a very personal thing and I think only you and your husband can decide really. Good luck!

When I was younger we bought a house that to me felt 'wrong' but my parents liked it.. My dad repainted, changed all carpets, updated bathrooms and electrics plus kitchen.. Major re-decorating, when we moved in, we were sitting having dinner and we got to talking about how the house 'felt' we all agreed that the 'wrong' feeling we had when we bought it had gone, and that the house felt 'happy' and we all felt safe in it .. But is your decision.. Houses can be blessed if it helps

Hope your better Soon

Thanks Karen, I get easily freaked out by Ghosts and Vibes and things I have no control over, so the thought of there being something there wether it be friendly or not, got me a bit weirded out! its a fab house so would be a shame to let it go.

thanks mis I hope we can achieve that! :) x

No, it wouldn't put me off. My house is 100 years old, I'm sure there's been a fair amount of death and mental illness in it....I just wasn't aware of it. If you weren't aware, would you still move there?

I'm not sure Spidey, I guess so. But the whole thing was I was aware of "something" because of the weird vibes regardless of knowing any history, I think thats what weirds me out lol.

I think I'd have freaked out a lil - I'm very superstitious so I tend not to ask bc I'm a wimp and it would put me off but I'm silly!! X

Sorry for me it'd be a no. I was never particularly a believer in ghosts but I now have a personal experience that for me could have been nothing other than a ghostly experience. I know you can decorate & change carpets etc but I'm a great one for going with gut instincts x

Thanks everyone, We are going to see it again on Saturday and I think that will be the decider. I feel sorry for the lady that lived there before more than anything, I dont think she would come back to haunt as such, but I'm not sure if I could genuinley sleep in a room I know someone had died in regardless of new wallpaper and carpets.

If it doesn't feel 'right' then that's your answer. x you will find something else im sure. :) (my predictive text constantly wanted me to write 'smurf' through out all that!!!) Very odd

Sent from my GT-I9000 using MiniMins

Lol @ smurf! Thanks Zoe :)

if you have ever lived in an older property people will probably have died there. years ago you died at home more. you have to make your own decision as to how comfortable you feel. you can make your own history will a loving family.

Thanks Poppy thats what most people have said to me today, we have the oppurtunity to make it into a lovely family home, I just have to feel comfortable there especially at bedtime! lol

Yes I would. My bungalow was built in about 1925 or so, and is on an estate designed for old people (lots of two bedroomed bungalows peppered with a few three beds), so I'm pretty sure at some point in it's time someone will have died or gone batty here.

The whole estate is still predominately old folk and seeing funeral processions is a pretty common sight here (sorry if that sounds morbid hehe) so no, it doesn't bother me.

Before we moved to Lincolnshire we bought an Edwardian house that had. Been used as a nursing home :) so as you can imagine deaths happened. I'm a big one for 'feelings' about houses and we loved this house but there was something that used to walk in our hallway. Whatever it was it wasn't sinister so if you love the house then your happiness and love will overtake any other feelings you have. Houses have history. Some good some bad, and death isn't necessarily bad. It can be a good and peaceful thing . Things like violence happen all the time we just freak out about death for some reason.
If you love it make it your own x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes i would live there if it was the house for me, i hate to point this out but 1 in 4 of us will struggle withnmental distress at some point in our lives sonif the previous occupier habing a mental health difficulty was factored in to a house purchase how few of us would buy anywhere, sorry but mh ignorance n stigma really bothers me as it is prejudice n opressive

A house is not determind by its previous ocvupier a house becomes a home in my eyes when a owner takes ownership of it n makes it their own so screw its past n make it yours!!

Yes i would live there if it was the house for me, i hate to point this out but 1 in 4 of us will struggle withnmental distress at some point in our lives sonif the previous occupier habing a mental health difficulty was factored in to a house purchase how few of us would buy anywhere, sorry but mh ignorance n stigma really bothers me as it is prejudice n opressive

A house is not determind by its previous ocvupier a house becomes a home in my eyes when a owner takes ownership of it n makes it their own so screw its past n make it yours!!

Its not the mental health issue at all hun, I have no prejudice against it, I suffer with mental health myself.
Its the fact that someone died in the room, and was left there for 4 days and I get bad vibes from it. I dont feel like the lady is at peace. I am not psychic by any means and would never want to be. Just the circumstances surrounding her death do not make it a nice one and I dont think I could sleep in the room knowing what happened to her.

Back