Hello everybody!

Lasse

Hi everyone, i'm new here and looking forward to lose some pounds with all of you and be helping with some of the knowledge i have obtained through the years :)

Hello Lasse :welcome2:

Are you going to be following a specific diet or just eating healthily in general?

Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)

Good luck!

Hello Lasse :welcome2:

Are you going to be following a specific diet or just eating healthily in general?

Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)

My approach to the weight loss will be to gain some muscle and then count calories.
Kind of boring way to do it but i think it will work best for me this way :)

I don't know a whole lot about diets other then counting calories and getting the right kind of foods so any input will be welcome (after these Christmas days :D)

Not boring at all :) Do what you feel is best for you. If you're going to count calories I would definitely recommend My Fitness Pal. After trying lots of websites and apps where you can calorie count, I find this is the best one. You can use it on your laptop or as an app on your phone too :)

Sorry I don't think I'll be any help with diets. I am on Xenical, a diet pill, and so I limit my fat intake per meal, I drink lots of water, I eat as much fruit and veg as I can and I rarely snack but if I do then I snack on fruit. Making small changes with your diet can benefit you a lot.

Good luck, Merry Christmas and I hope you lose all the weight you want to lose in 2013 :)

Not boring at all :) Do what you feel is best for you. If you're going to count calories I would definitely recommend My Fitness Pal. After trying lots of websites and apps where you can calorie count, I find this is the best one. You can use it on your laptop or as an app on your phone too :)

Sorry I don't think I'll be any help with diets. I am on Xenical, a diet pill, and so I limit my fat intake per meal, I drink lots of water, I eat as much fruit and veg as I can and I rarely snack but if I do then I snack on fruit. Making small changes with your diet can benefit you a lot.

Good luck, Merry Christmas and I hope you lose all the weight you want to lose in 2013 :)

Okay then i think i will check out this Fitness Pal app and see if it's for me :)
I have heard about that pill and had an ex girlfriend that was on them too, and she were happy about them, but my problem isn't then fat intake i just need to eat less and more veges :)
What kind of fruit do you eat? Because lots of the sweet fruit got a high number of fast carbohydrates in them and the Xenical pills won't have affect on that.

Oh ok yh I am happy being on them :)

Sounds like a plan. I eat mainly bananas when I have fruit, sometimes on my cereal, as a snack or with my lunch. I still take the pills even if I have a meal with no fat it in lol just use to it now.

Sure there is also a psychological effect by eating a weight loss pill so you should of course keep taking them till you feel you don't need them, but it sounds like you know what to eat and how much :)
The bananas are okay, but you should eat them while they are under-ripe cause the lots of the starch haven't converted to sugars yet :)

I think once I'm at a healthy BMI I will be ok without them lol. And yh I'm eating as healthily as I can at the moment :)

Is that when they're still yellow and not turning a bit brown on the outside? Lol

Yes as early in the "process" as possible is best, the more they go into the stage of brown the more sugar they will contain, but you can read more about it if you make a google search for GI index and if you have trouble finding it just tell me and i will send you a link about the subject :)

Ohh I didn't know that lol. I don't like eating them when they start going brown on the actual banana though anyways lol, thanks.

Back